Niemi signs with Sharks

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
figures...wants the best shot to get revenge on the team that wouldn't pony up more dough...good move on his part, honestly.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
Ha, a 2mil 1 year deal? Bowman had a way better offer on the table before arbitration. Too bad that he will be exposed without the best defense in the NHL in front of him. Even Huet had a respectable 2.5 gaa this season with our defense.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Sounds like Turco was a much better deal -he'll probably have a better year than Niemi as well.

Your Friend Scott

Liked Posts:
Many people are claiming that Niemi was a product of the system and that may be true in some cases but people should realize that even the blackhawks have the occasional mishap on D. He is still a little raw but some of the plays that he made in pressure situations against a very talented sharks team are the ones that win championships. To say that we are better off without him just doesn't seem right to me.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Many people are claiming that Niemi was a product of the system and that may be true in some cases but people should realize that even the blackhawks have the occasional mishap on D. He is still a little raw but some of the plays that he made in pressure situations against a very talented sharks team are the ones that win championships. To say that we are better off without him just doesn't seem right to me.

Key word...occassional.
Maybe 1-2 per game, but the Sharks have NO defense, and they are even worse without Blake.

Teams will have plenty of odd man breaks, and if you remember the Philly series, Niemi is exposed during those breaks.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sounds like Turco was a much better deal -he'll probably have a better year than Niemi as well.

Unless Turco wins the Cup again, there's no way he can have a better year.

Thats not saying Niemi was all that great. He won a Cup, no taking that away from him but timing is everything, I just think he was in the right place at the right time.

stormbolter73

Liked Posts:

Thats not saying Niemi was all that great. He won a Cup, no taking that away from him but timing is everything, I just think he was in the right place at the right time.

So you are saying that if Turco is the number 1 goaltnder all year, wins 30+ games, gets the team into the playoffs and plays well during the playoffs but the Hawks lose because the other team is better 5 on 5, he can't have a better season? That makes no sense. I'm not syaing he is going to do all of those things but he can have a better season than Niemi did last year individually. If the team doesn't win the cup it isn't automatically because Turco didn't play well. I'm pretty sure Niemi didn't win the cup, the Blackhawks did.

Unitedcenterfans

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So he signed for less than the ruling. If I were him I would fire Zito 1st thing in the morning!

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Turco will be fine...

Niemi took a gamble and lost

CHAD0034

Cubs/Blackhawks
Liked Posts:
that's what everyone was expecting. good luck to him in the future when he plays only Detroit.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:

I meant when comparing both goalies at the end of the 2010-11 season -in which case being the starting goalie on a team that wins the 2009-2010 Stanley Cup is not a relevant factor.

In other words, I think that the 2010-11 Hawks would be in just as good of shape with Turco at 1.3 mil than with Niemi at 2 - 2.75 mil during the 2010-11 season.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Time for Niemi_No_No to change his name

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Turco_No_No? It's time for change, and change is good :hitler:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Niemi won't have guys like Seabs, Duncs, Hammer to save his ass on those rebounds.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
But he will have Rob Blake!