Nifty article about Sammy Sosa

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the information. As usual it continued a lot of useful and informative points that really furthered the discussion here.

It helps as I would count as an eye witness. *shakes head*

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Talk about an unprovable statement

Your right it hasn't been proven that your statements include a lot of useful information. This act wears a little thin. I stop trying to argue your unproveable statement, and I get this condescending post about how you live through this as adult and the intelligence of Cubs fans.

Fine since you are older than me, and yes you are older than me. Then your opinions are inherently better than mine.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your right it hasn't been proven that your statements include a lot of useful information. This act wears a little thin. I stop trying to argue your unproveable statement, and I get this condescending post about how you live through this as adult and the intelligence of Cubs fans.

Fine since you are older than me, and yes you are older than me. Then your opinions are inherently better than mine.

Now get off his lawn.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I did not call you less intelligent
I did not say my opinion matters more than others

I did say back in the day many Cub fans did not know who their current right fielder.
I did say I went thru this piece of history live as an adult

Forget it, you're right and I'm wrong

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I did not call you less intelligent
I did not say my opinion matters more than others

I did say back in the day many Cub fans did not know who their current right fielder.
I did say I went thru this piece of history live as an adult

Forget it, you're right and I'm wrong

Now was that so hard...(kidding)

Look I want to have a real discussion, but this isn't the first time we've been through this act. There have been several times where you've taken this tone based on age that you know more about whatever topic is being despite any factual evidence to back it up. Perhaps I was overly sensitive, but you give me nothing to discuss but your personal experiences. And whether it was your intention or not in the post, it came across as if my, or anyone elses in this thread, opinions were less valid. To sum up the discussion briefly, your opinion watching those two players was that Frank Thomas was better at hitting homeruns. Mine is that Sammy Sosa was better at hitting homeruns. Neither of us is going to convince the other that they are correct. So lets leave it at that.

And for the record, I watched both Sosa and Thomas as an adult as well.

Last edited:

Rick

Liked Posts:
For the love of the juice....

Sammy+Sosa+Steroids.jpg

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only juice I like is orange...and apple. :D

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
People stopped to watch Frank bat. They weren't watching for singles.
For a few years ESPN was breaking in and you could argue that the nation was stopping to watch Sosa bat during the HR chases.

Entire ballparks stopped to watch Sosa hit as well. For a few years..evern "more" than Thomas IMO.

As for people not knowing who the RF was for the Cubs not sure how you can prove that but I'm really sure most of the Cubs fans knew who Sosa was and where he played.

You honestly think there weren't a pretty good amount of dumb ass Sox fans who didn't know Thomas had quit playing 1B?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Because he's a lying selfish sack of cheating shit and was a complete prima donna during his days with the Cubs?

Pretty good reason.

Sosa is a fucking joke.

Please don't attempt to defend him...