Nintendo press conference

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I just watched it on my DVR. And I have to say, Nintendo had the best one of the three.

New Zelda, new Metroid, new Donkey Kong Country, new Kirby.

Nintendo 3DS and FINALLY the return of Kid Icarus.

Nintendo's presentation was SO much better than last year's.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Don't forget, a new GOLDENEYE will be released solely for the Wii in November!

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
New Zelda? I thought that franchise was dead and over with?

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Don't forget, a new GOLDENEYE will be released solely for the Wii in November!

Yeah, I forgot about that too.

I ripped Nintendo so bad last year for their presser. They came out with the big guns this year. And they didn't have that Cammy lady bouncing around stage with her annoying self.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
New Zelda? I thought that franchise was dead and over with?

Oh no my friend. Link is alive and well LOL.

The last couple Zelda games were on the DS.

You can use the Wiimotion controller as the sword and the nunchuk as the shield. And that sounds and looks good, but I like playing games with a regular controller. I don't know if I can play a game as long as Zelda is like that.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh no my friend. Link is alive and well LOL.

The last couple Zelda games were on the DS.

You can use the Wiimotion controller as the sword and the nunchuk as the shield. And that sounds and looks good, but I like playing games with a regular controller. I don't know if I can play a game as long as Zelda is like that.

What Wii needs to do w/ games like that is have some sort of "timed leaderboard" online...where once you beat the game, you can submit it online (time will be kept internally on the system) and if you beat it in 'X' amount of time, you get 1000 Wii Points or something like that....That way you can buy older Nintendo games off the system just for beating one of their new titles that takes several days.

DTTCyrax

Liked Posts:
Cammie Dunaway is a terrible PR. She should be burned and killed with holy water.

In all seriousness though, where's my damn Star Fox Wii game, Nintendo? I don't care for Kid Icarus or Kirby. If you want to REALLY impress me, do something with that franchise, whether it's selling rights to someone who will actually use the series or making a new game. I don't care, just bring that back and I'll listen.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What Wii needs to do w/ games like that is have some sort of "timed leaderboard" online...where once you beat the game, you can submit it online (time will be kept internally on the system) and if you beat it in 'X' amount of time, you get 1000 Wii Points or something like that....That way you can buy older Nintendo games off the system just for beating one of their new titles that takes several days.

After re-reading this, this is either the dumbest or smartest idea I've had all day.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Cammie Dunaway is a terrible PR. She should be burned and killed with holy water.

In all seriousness though, where's my damn Star Fox Wii game, Nintendo? I don't care for Kid Icarus or Kirby. If you want to REALLY impress me, do something with that franchise, whether it's selling rights to someone who will actually use the series or making a new game. I don't care, just bring that back and I'll listen.

I care very much for Kid Icarus :elephant:

But I don't care very much for Cammie. Good thing she was not on stage this year. Made nintendo's presentation better.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do think Nintendo had the best conference, in terms of big news and awesome stuff they revealed. the 3DS is going to be huge in Japan and with alot of people in the US. That was their biggest sell this E3 I think. But in terms of personal appeal, I have a Wii, and won't get a 3DS, so none of that stuff appealed to me. Goldeneye looked good for the Wii, but thats all that appealed to me. I won't be getting the new Zelda, I won't be getting the new Donkey Kong. So in terms of personal appeal, Sony won big time in my mind. So much stuff I want that they showed. Before the conference, I had 0% interest in the Move. After the conference, make that 100% interest. It looks so good, and the technology they use works so good already. I just might sell my Wii now. And all the PS3 exclusive games are to die for. Killzone 3, Twisted Metal, FFXIV, LBP2, InFamous 2, etc..etc.. For the 360? the new 360 looks awesome...thats it. Kinect looked very blah. ESPN? meh, would never use it. I have ESPN on my phone and don't use it. all Nintendo and Sony had to do was show up to their conferences and they beat Microsoft. was disappointed Microsoft didn't have a megaton this year like last year with Metal Gear Solid, and then FF13.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I forgot about Epic Mickey, that should be interesting. The new NBA Jam too.

I might actually play my Nintendo Wii for a little bit this fall/winter.

I remember two years ago when the Wii released all their big title before June (WiiFit, Mario Kart, Smash Bro.). There was nothing in the holiday season.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Goldeneye could be the highest grossing game in Wii History being released shortly before Christmas.