No balls

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
So as I watched this pathetic offense struggle yet again yesterday with the bland play calling there was one particular moment that summed up Fox's entire tenure in Chicago. 3rd down, Trubisky makes a play with his feet, but comes up a little shy of the first. Fox challenges the spot and loses. With the measurement it is 4th and about 2 inches around midfield. Fox chooses to punt. If you don't have faith in your qb to get 2 inches in a game that means nothing then you have 0 balls.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Yeah that made me laugh too. Sick of this pussy shit conservative football.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Most of the great coaches in the NFL wouldn't of gone for it in a game that the score was so close. Giving the other team the ball on the 50 yard line in a close game is just stupid. Fox has done a whole lot of dumb shit but that wasn't one of them.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most of the great coaches in the NFL wouldn't of gone for it in a game that the score was so close. Giving the other team the ball on the 50 yard line in a close game is just stupid. Fox has done a whole lot of dumb shit but that wasn't one of them.

I think in his situation he would try to do anything to get some positive impact plays...making that first would help confidence for offense....most great coaches, dont coach a 3 win team

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Pretty sure the Eagles did this several times against the Bears last week and they had no reason to. Fox is playing not to lose. Defense playing prevent on 3rd and 9 is another sign of this and it has a direct correlation to losing.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:

Wouldn't call it a dumb move, but I sure wanted to see him go for it. Yeah, maybe most coaches don't, but this team is lifeless and losing ugly. Why not light a match? What's the worst that could happen, you give up the ball and Jimmy gets a short field so Robbie can add another 3? All it did was prove to me that Fox isn't the guy to turn this around.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pretty sure the Eagles did this several times against the Bears last week and they had no reason to. Fox is playing not to lose. Defense playing prevent on 3rd and 9 is another sign of this and it has a direct correlation to losing.

The Eagles were also dominating us in all 3 phases of the game so they could take chances like that. We were in a close game and giving the other team the ball at mid field in a close game is just stupid and our running game wasn't playing well to give us any confidence that they could get that first down.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Maybe on 4th and 1, but not 4th and 2 inches. I'd like to see the conversion rate statistics for this scenario. Pretty sure it's in the high 90's for successful conversions and 4th and less than half a foot. You are trying to let Trubisky grow, but refuse to take the training wheels off.