No Nick Leddy for Team USA (No Brandon Saad Either)

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I was more shocked at no Saad. </p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Yeah Leddy was more a longshot than Saad was.  Don't know how or why Wheeler made the team and someone like Bobby Ryan didn't. Or Kyle Okposo. </p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
They took Orpik over Leddy as USA has better puck moving defensemen than Leddy and each player has a role. Orpik is going to be used as a shutdown dman which Leddy is not anything close to being.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
From what I'm reading, if an injury comes up at forward before Sochi, Saad will make the team.

R K

More shocked at no Yandle and or Bobby Ryan.  Wheeler?  ROTFL!  </p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Haha, that comment in that article said it all:

"It's like reading a slow motion train wreck. Dreams?"</p>

</p>

Fucking Brian Burke. Yeah I bet there was an awkward silence after that.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="218164" data-time="1388620222">

More shocked at no Yandle and or Bobby Ryan. Wheeler? ROTFL!</p></blockquote>

I was more surprised that Wheeler made it. Though, I haven't seen him play in a long time didn't realize that he has some speed that they were alluding to in the article.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Unlike many years, the USA management decided to bring a "team" instead of the best individuals. Everyone has a role and for a guy like Ryan, who is only a one way player, the USA management felt he wasn't better offensively than Kane or Kessel which is a fact. Nor, does he boast the two way game that Callahan does.

Is he better than Oshie? Sure offensively, but I don't think all around he is, and Oshie is going to play a 4th line role. He also cannot play center, which is why Stepan is rated higher than him.

On D, most if not all are solid two way defenders outside of maybe Shattenkirk. In the article the management team was not happy with Yandles defensive ability and with so many of the D selected able to move the puck already, is it worth it to bring Yandle with that defensive deficiency? Also have to remember that Pavelski is going to probably play the point on the 1st PP unit with Suter. In a tournament this short, you can't waste a spot on the scratched list for a one dimensional D man.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="218169" data-time="1388624030">
<div>

Unlike many years, the USA management decided to bring a "team" instead of the best individuals. Everyone has a role and for a guy like Ryan, who is only a one way player, the USA management felt he wasn't better offensively than Kane or Kessel which is a fact. Nor, does he boast the two way game that Callahan does.

Is he better than Oshie? Sure offensively, but I don't think all around he is, and Oshie is going to play a 4th line role. He also cannot play center, which is why Stepan is rated higher than him.

On D, most if not all are solid two way defenders outside of maybe Shattenkirk. In the article the management team was not happy with Yandles defensive ability and with so many of the D selected able to move the puck already, is it worth it to bring Yandle with that defensive deficiency? Also have to remember that Pavelski is going to probably play the point on the 1st PP unit with Suter. In a tournament this short, you can't waste a spot on the scratched list for a one dimensional D man.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Obviously as a Rangers' fan I am biased about Stepan and Callahan but I bet their skillsets are going to be showcased big time this time around.  Just wait until 2018 when Chris Kreider is out there (hopefully still with Stepan).  Americans are in for a treat with some of the first timers that will be out there.</p>

</p>

Don't sleep on Ryan McDonagh either...</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Unlike a lot of people, I really like the team they picked outside of taking Oshie over Saad. That may be the homer in me, but I see Saad much better all around and someone who can play on any line and any role.

phranchk

Liked Posts:
But Saad doesn't have Oshie's shootout move. :-/</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Paul Martin is on this roster too... I seriously don't know about this team. </p>

</p>

Then again, I said that last time and they won a Silver Medal, so Team USA must be doing something right. </p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
This team is going to need hurculean goaltending to get a medal.</p>