Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I stole this from RealGM:

Games 2

Bucks were outscoring the Bulls 9-6 at the 4:20 mark of Quarter 1 when Taj subbed in for Noah.

Bucks were outscoring the Bulls 20-17 at the 4:33 mark of Quarter 3 when Taj subbed in for Noah.

In the Fourth quarter, Noah/Gasol played the last 1:53 together. In that time, the Bulls outscored the Bucks 2-0.

In total, the Bucks outscored the Bulls by 4 points in the time that Noah/Gasol played together Game 2.

Game 1

Bulls were outscoring the Bucks 25-24 at the 2:36 mark of Quarter 1 when Taj subbed in for Noah.

Bulls were outscoring the Bucks 20-17 at 3:26 mark of Quarter 3 when Taj subbed in for Noah.

In the fourth quarter, Noah/Gasol played the last 5:05 together. In that time, the Bulls outscored the Bucks 10-8.

In total, the Bulls outscored the Bucks by 6 points in the time that Noah/Gasol played together in Game 1.

Combining both games, the Bulls outscored the Bucks by two freaking points in the time that Noah/Gasol played together. The Bucks. It is clear as day that we are winning in spite of this pairing, not because of it.

Thoughts on this?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We were saying during the middle of the season that Gasol and Noah on the floor together wasn't ideal as it severely impacts Noah's contributions. They are definitely best suited apart.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is actually semi-serious, as I think it's less about the pairing with Pau, and more about that knee injury being more serious than the team is letting on.
Noah's days as a "top" center are coming to a close. I love Noah and what he gives the team, but I'm definitely willing to trade him if there's a good deal to be had. Even if not, the knee/foot injuries may very well render him another DRose in terms of health.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
as far as the noah/gasol pairing I agree they are best played separate. I think they play better with gasol/niko or noah/Gibson together personally. as far as trading noah goes...no way that's happening. they would have to be given an offer too good to pass up and that's not gonna happen at this point. noah is still the heart and soul of the team, no sense in ripping that out. Gibson is the odd man out IMO that should be traded in the offseason, not noah

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No sense in having a heart and soul with one leg.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Trade Noah.

yup i said this when Noah first had knee surgery

its looking like i was right with my fear that it was gonna the end of Noah

i don't think Noah is gonna bring anything of value to the table...who wants a center that can't hit a jumpshot, can't finish around the rim, is at risk for foot/knee problems, and is diminishing athletically if he hasn't lost it already

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Honestly, you're not going to get much of a trade value. I think the smarter play is let him play out the contract and let him go elsewhere. I know you don't want to just give him up, but if you're only getting a late first or second.....meh.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
as far as the noah/gasol pairing I agree they are best played separate. I think they play better with gasol/niko or noah/Gibson together personally. as far as trading noah goes...no way that's happening. they would have to be given an offer too good to pass up and that's not gonna happen at this point. noah is still the heart and soul of the team, no sense in ripping that out. Gibson is the odd man out IMO that should be traded in the offseason, not noah

more like: Gasol/Taj, Noah/Niko

better balance

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't pay enough attention as I probably should to advanced stats, but AG7 would be right with those pairings. Problem is timing during the game. I don't think it hurts you this series, but in the later rounds its going to take some Thibs finessing.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
more like: Gasol/Taj, Noah/Niko

better balance

that's what you would think. but they seem to play better matched up the way I listed IMO

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
or option 3. Let Noah play out his contract and maybe he stays home for something decent as the rest of the league won't overpay him either.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gasol should come off of the bench and Noah needs to start with scoring options around him. Gibson will be traded for backcourt help which they need.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
#calledit forever ago

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Bulls aren't interested in the Bucks a whole lot, but they should be tuning up for Cleveland.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
You acting like Noah's already dead. Last I checked he grabbed 19 boards. Yeah, he's probably done with bring an all star but he's still a major contributor.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You acting like Noah's already dead. Last I checked he grabbed 19 boards. Yeah, he's probably done with bring an all star but he's still a major contributor.
You're talking about a 30 year old center who averages 14 missed games a year, whose numbers are down comparatively to his career, who will be making $13 million next season. All I'm saying is that it is worth the possibility of exploring a trade.