North Carolina

LaurenNMU

Liked Posts:
whoever stole my purse in florida is a stupid douche.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When I legally break into a house and the neighbors freak out and call the cops.

Actually, that doesn't bother me at all.

What bothers me is then when the cops show up 6 squads deep WITH A FUCKIN HELICOPTER en route, it shows that town likes to burn through tax payer dollars.

Just ring the door bell next time, or use the unlocked side door. I'll even let you (and your cat in heat), dance for me while rubbing Paul's cover letter filled with Vancouver from his Sedin hole. Hell, I'll even let you tire dance too!

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McD and more selfish propoganda.

You and I know that no one came to him with the idea.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Exactly. 37 for my tire size vs. 86 for the next usable plus size.

And yes, i know of that site. I just wish automakers would make it a hell of a lot easier for the layperson to adjust the computer/speedometer/odometer for overall tire diameter. Unfortunately I can't afford, nor know someone close by, who has a TechII tool.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
YTMND out of nowhere! It's 2006 all over again!

Girls are stupid. Or I'm stupid around girls. Probably the latter.

Bringmepie

Liked Posts:
YTMND out of nowhere! It's 2006 all over again!

Girls are stupid. Or I'm stupid around girls. Probably the latter.

I just had to google YTMND to find out what that meant. You owe me 25 seconds of my life over for that.

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
Exactly. 37 for my tire size vs. 86 for the next usable plus size.

And yes, i know of that site. I just wish automakers would make it a hell of a lot easier for the layperson to adjust the computer/speedometer/odometer for overall tire diameter. Unfortunately I can't afford, nor know someone close by, who has a TechII tool.
I feel your pain...I don't use the stock size tires on my Roush........trying to find somewhat affordable 245/45/17 Z rates, sucks.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
I am a junior/senior (not sure since I transferred a year ago) at University of Illinois Springfield in the Bach of Business Admin online program. At U of I you apparently need to take 5 classes called Engaged Citizenship Common Experience (ECCE) before you can complete your degree. They range from learning about US Communities, Global Awareness, a Speaker Series on these topics, an 'Engagement Experience' and the fifth is an elective from any of the group. Most groups have several course offerings so you can custom pick the topic (ie US Communities can be a class on Internet and Culture in America, for Global Issues I am taking International Relations now).

The Engagement Experience course offerings are either all about the homeless or doing a study abroad semester. Not sure how those fall in that group, but I don't dictate curriculum at U of I. The homeless related classes all require 60 hours of community service, time I don't have with a full time job and 3/4 time course load per semester.

So, what I am not happy about is: why the hell doesn't my four years of active duty military service, including a deployment to Kosovo and a YEAR living/working in Korea not count as life experience towards that requirement? I asked the Dean of that program to waive it based on all of that, but I am waiting for a response. If she says no, that is really going to piss me the fuck off and cement in my mind that this educational experience is nothing but a money making business!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am a junior/senior (not sure since I transferred a year ago) at University of Illinois Springfield in the Bach of Business Admin online program. At U of I you apparently need to take 5 classes called Engaged Citizenship Common Experience (ECCE) before you can complete your degree. They range from learning about US Communities, Global Awareness, a Speaker Series on these topics, an 'Engagement Experience' and the fifth is an elective from any of the group. Most groups have several course offerings so you can custom pick the topic (ie US Communities can be a class on Internet and Culture in America, for Global Issues I am taking International Relations now).

The Engagement Experience course offerings are either all about the homeless or doing a study abroad semester. Not sure how those fall in that group, but I don't dictate curriculum at U of I. The homeless related classes all require 60 hours of community service, time I don't have with a full time job and 3/4 time course load per semester.

So, what I am not happy about is: why the hell doesn't my four years of active duty military service, including a deployment to Kosovo and a YEAR living/working in Korea not count as life experience towards that requirement? I asked the Dean of that program to waive it based on all of that, but I am waiting for a response. If she says no, that is really going to piss me the fuck off and cement in my mind that this educational experience is nothing but a money making business!

It should also count as your community service too.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
It should also count as your community service too.
I sent an email to the Dean of the program, but apparently I need to call and 'have a two way conversation' with her about my request.

I can bullshit with the best of them, but I put my request in an email to A. be very detailed and descriptive, B. allow you to read it at your leisure, C. not get talked out of it. You either do or don't want to honor my request lady...

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

While in any technical field I know you're going to need some sort of training/education into what you're going to be doing in work, I do think that in many cases, it is a joke. In many cases all a degree states is how well you were able to parrot back what your professors told you, and in some cases, it's so far out of touch with reality it's a joke.

Further, I'm not against helping/supporting your community or doing good deeds, but I have yet to hear a real good explaination on how a lot of these community service requirements *actually* help you in preparation towards a specific career.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Just ink, some high school districts require similar along with 12+ hours of community service.

In any case, push the military thing, and debate how it fits some of those requirement in detail. Expect one or two initial rejections as educators cannot be wrong about their programs...but when pushed, they will give in.

Bringmepie

Liked Posts:
While in any technical field I know you're going to need some sort of training/education into what you're going to be doing in work, I do think that in many cases, it is a joke. In many cases all a degree states is how well you were able to parrot back what your professors told you, and in some cases, it's so far out of touch with reality it's a joke.

Further, I'm not against helping/supporting your community or doing good deeds, but I have yet to hear a real good explaination on how a lot of these community service requirements *actually* help you in preparation towards a specific career.

No kidding. I originally minored in International Relations at NIU but since several of the courses needed to complete that minor hadn't even been offered at the university in years I switched to Poli-Sci instead. My last course for the minor was taught by Charles Dubin, the head of International Relations branch of the Political Science department. Most of the grade was based on the final exam which was a hand written essay exam. The professor was getting up there in age and his vision was failing and couldn't read my chicken scratch handwriting so he had me come into the office the next week to read my answers out loud to him. Since I hadn't read any other sources related to the class other than what was listed in the syllabus and his own lecture notes my answers where pretty much a straight shot regurgitation of his lectures. I gave me a 97 and offered me a grant for graduate school before he found out that I was a Finance major, so go figure.

..and no, he didn't mention anything about me having a purty mouth so don't even go there.