Not really OT: Texans signing Chris Clemons

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
damn....I think that option went out the window when we mortgaged the future and put all our chips on Allen.

Personally I will take Allen and what he does for a young safety, along with a young safety or two early in draft over Clemons and not Allen.

Emery has made a big bet, he nutted up and went with the Cowboy. That is his choice for impact for the next 2-3 years. If it fails he will be handcuffed, if it succeeds he will be here for a very long tim.e

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The Texans offered safety Danieal Manning a pay cut earlier.

They may have just offered someone else his job.

According to Tania Ganguli of ESPN.com, the Texans are signing safety Chris Clemons to a two-year deal.

Clemons 28, had also visited the Lions, but hadn’t found much of a market to date.

The Texans signed Kendrick Lewis last week, to go with D.J. Swearinger and Shiloh Keo.

So there probably isn’t a spot for Manning and his $4.5 million salary, or perhaps at any rate.

So if the Texans cut Manning, does he come back to Chicago or does he go to Tampa?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Texans offered safety Danieal Manning a pay cut earlier.

They may have just offered someone else his job.

According to Tania Ganguli of ESPN.com, the Texans are signing safety Chris Clemons to a two-year deal.

Clemons 28, had also visited the Lions, but hadn’t found much of a market to date.

The Texans signed Kendrick Lewis last week, to go with D.J. Swearinger and Shiloh Keo.

So there probably isn’t a spot for Manning and his $4.5 million salary, or perhaps at any rate.

So if the Texans cut Manning, does he come back to Chicago or does he go to Tampa?

ooohh....I'm sure he will consider Tampa, but that would be really good for us if we could get him back.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Id take back Manning with a deal taking into account some concern with his health.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was plenty of money to sign Allen and Clemons. Clemons had really bad numbers against the run last year, so that might be why they never showed any interest.

Pat Sims was also re-signed by the Raiders, today, so that's another guy off the market.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Manning was in Lovie's doghouse.....woof

why would he go there.

Tampa will soon learn about Lovie's doghouse.......they should call it "walking Lovie's plank" in Tampa

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:

why would he go there.

Tampa will soon learn about Lovie's doghouse.......they should call it "walking Lovie's plank" in Tampa

Now I'm thinking of finding an active Bucs board and trying to get it started.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

why would he go there.

Probably for the same reason DJ Moore who was allegedly in Lovie's doghouse is currently in Tampa.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
damn....I think that option went out the window when we mortgaged the future and put all our chips on Allen.

Personally I will take Allen and what he does for a young safety, along with a young safety or two early in draft over Clemons and not Allen.

Emery has made a big bet, he nutted up and went with the Cowboy. That is his choice for impact for the next 2-3 years. If it fails he will be handcuffed, if it succeeds he will be here for a very long tim.e

What are you talking about mortgaged the future and put all our chips on Allen?

I thought weed was supposed to calm people down, not incite hysteria?

Its 2 years for 15 mil with options for 2 more at 8 mil each. Hardly mortgaging the future, especially when you consider how much the cap is going to increase the next couple years.

Its a great deal for the Bears. They get Allen and are only on the hook for 15 mil over 2 years.

Last edited:

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably for the same reason DJ Moore who was allegedly in Lovie's doghouse is currently in Tampa.

DJ got out. So what?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
DJ got out. So what?

Not even sure what this means. DJ Moore is currently in Tampa with Lovie despite allegedly being in his doghouse while in Chicago. So the point was I don't this doghouse thing matters at all. It's just shit fans say.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not even sure what this means. DJ Moore is currently in Tampa with Lovie despite allegedly being in his doghouse while in Chicago. So the point was I don't this doghouse thing matters at all. It's just shit fans say.

He got out of the doghouse. He'll be back shortly though.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
players were in and out of Lovie's doghouse.....Corey Graham had his own monogrammed towels in the dog house's bathroom.

Fans didn't start the Lovie doghouse thing it was beat writers that did it. Because there was a dog house...most coaches have them. They don't like a player for one reason or another and they get in the dog house.......Lovie's Dog House just caught on here in Chicago pop football culture.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
The bears signed jared friggin Allen. Last thing I care about is Chris Clemons.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He got out of the doghouse. He'll be back shortly though.

Which really wasn't the point. The point is this alleged doghouse is unlikely to stop Manning from signing with the Bucs if that's what he wants. Although they don't need a safety so not sure why he would be interested in going there anyway.

players were in and out of Lovie's doghouse.....Corey Graham had his own monogrammed towels in the dog house's bathroom.

Fans didn't start the Lovie doghouse thing it was beat writers that did it. Because there was a dog house...most coaches have them. They don't like a player for one reason or another and they get in the dog house.......Lovie's Dog House just caught on here in Chicago pop football culture.

See above. The issue is not so much whether it exists but whether it would actually impact someone going to Tampa. It didn't stop Moore.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When debating with someone who likes to argue for the pure sake of argument, how many posts does it take before you are talking nonsense?