Nothing has changed

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Goldman's absence is very significant.

That's true to some degree but it doesn't help when Smith takes himself out of the play on a consistent basis. He had this issue in college as well. DL did not play well yesterday

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Look I’m not saying the season is over or that they can’t get better .... but what we saw today was bad bad bad bad. If they don’t improve they won’t be winning many football games.

And all i'm saying it's i understand how much having those 4 preseason games help them and although Mitch and the Bears had me worried for much of that game i still don't think Mitch's missed passes were as bad as they were last year and just hoping that losing the preseason has something to do with that and he'll get better. Although we didn't score a TD for 3 quarters we still had some good drives and plays.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Trufant going down certainly helped a lot. I can only imagine what the Bears would look like if Fuller, Johnson, and Skrine were all missing.

Skrine was missing. LOL. Bad game for him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So we just ignore the plays that led to the TD passes? Got it. Hopefully the bears can continue to just teleport to the goal line or red zone.
As I said Trubisky had to scramble in several plays in the 4th. Rewatch the second half of the game. Trubisky extended several plays where pass protection broke down.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Trubisky stat exceptions...
Here is the list of stats that don't count for Trubisky...

If Trubisky throws for 6 TDs in a single game, it doesn't count

If Trubisky plays Detroit, it doesn't count

If Trubisky plays a team with a losing record and plays well, it doesn't count

If Trubisky scores a TD from a turnover by the Bears defense, it doesn't count

If Trubisky plays well, but only in one quarter, and still wins ,it doesn't count

Stats that do count...

When Trubisky plays poorly...*

*supercedes all other rules

You missed almost interceptions. (They count)

Also, any nice play he makes to Robinson because he obviously did not go through his progressions.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You missed almost interceptions. (They count)

Also, any nice play he makes to Robinson because he obviously did not go through his progressions.
I guess I can add to the list plays where the oline does its job.

Stats only count if pass protection breaks down. If the oline does its job on a play then Trubisky has it too easy.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After rewatching it, even without counting the 4th quarter, Trubisky does look like he improved slightly. Many of his mistakes today were accuracy related issues. He didn't have many dumb mistakes or made the wrong read. So it's still a slight improvement over last year. It's still the Lions, so we have to wait and see if Trubisky really improved his decision making, but so far, I can see why he won the starting job over Foles

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
After rewatching it, even without counting the 4th quarter, Trubisky does look like he improved slightly. Many of his mistakes today were accuracy related issues. He didn't have many dumb mistakes or made the wrong read. So it's still a slight improvement over last year. It's still the Lions, so we have to wait and see if Trubisky really improved his decision making, but so far, I can see why he won the starting job over Foles

I didn't see any throws that went to the wrong guy or other completely open guys.......

Accuracy does need to improve.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't see any throws that went to the wrong guy or other completely open guys.......

Accuracy does need to improve.
exactly...I didn't see wide open receivers that he missed. So to me, it's a slight improvement. Hopefully his accuracy becomes consistent

msadows

Liked Posts:
exactly...I didn't see wide open receivers that he missed. So to me, it's a slight improvement. Hopefully his accuracy becomes consistent

I mean at one point he looked at Arob, who got held, and looked towards the opposite end of the field toward the rookie Mooney and completed a nice gainer to him.

Thats already an improvement. Last years mitch would just stare down Arob while he's getting mugged and hope he recovers.

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
The running game? You ain't going to tell me that the ends didn't contribute there? I don't care if they helped gain 50 more yards on the ground, by catching passes or they pulled coverage to allow a wide out the yards. They looked alot better.

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
Mitch is the same QB. Erratic with moments of playing competent to above average. There has been enough snaps to see this.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
tenor.gif
I do I'll give us 6-10 since we won two we had a chance to lose both.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Have we seen enough of Foles yet? I have.

This is why I had said you must must must start the season with foles. Clearly imo foles has looked mostly better but the result is the exact same.

There’s no going back to trubisky now. Can’t do it.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can't go back to Trubs unless Foles gets injured. Nagy made his bed and he has to lay in it. I think Foles does better next week against a lesser ranked defense

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
You can't go back to Trubs unless Foles gets injured. Nagy made his bed and he has to lay in it. I think Foles does better next week against a lesser ranked defense

I don't think so. I think we're gonna see the same dogshit against an even worse D.