Now that Kareem Hunt is a ****ing BROWN does Nagy finally figure out how to use Howar

msadows

Liked Posts:
I am not sure running the ball is what BB wants to do when he has Brady but if the opponent calls for it then he will do it. The purpose here is to win games not satisfy your own desires or ego. If Nagy wants to succeed at this level he is going to have to adjust his gameplan to fit the situation.

Or he can be like the Rams and stick with stick that doesn't work. Or perhaps be like Andy Reid and be a perennial loser. Of course, even Reid understood that he need to move off of the WCO and incorporate more vertical concepts in his scheme. So this is just excuse making. You gameplan to win.

Nearly all his called Zone runs in the playoffs failed.

Jordans potential biggest run was off a power counter trap.

Please explain this to me ohh wise one.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nah, according to Remy Nagy switched his entire offense up because of Jordan Howard.

It's just a coincidence we started seeing playcalling that isn't typically in the Reid tree right after Mitch Trubisky came back from injury to have his worst game of the season.

Nagy dialed up 85% zone blocks not because he wanted to, or because of howard, but because he knew his best chance to win in the playoffs was with defense and a run game.

Anyone who thinks Nagy wants to just completely change his playbook to fit the skillset of one average player is delusional.

We've seen the offense Nagy wants to run, that was week 1-8 before they "reeled in" the playbook for mitch. It features multiple formations and multiple blocking schemes, not this foxball nonsense.

If you wanted to run zone 80% of the time, once again, you should go see what John Fox is doing these days.

I want to win. Based on your own comments it seems Nagy changed things up because he wanted to win. So not sure what you are arguing. No one claimed Nagy wants to do anything. The claim is Howard is better in zone blocking and increasing the zone blocking was a better option for winning which you just admitted.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nearly all his called Zone runs in the playoffs failed.

Jordans potential biggest run was off a power counter trap.

Please explain this to me ohh wise one.

You would have to provide the data to prove this point before I can comment. Although not sure what your point is. A single playoff game is not a large enough sample size for us to conclude anything regarding zone vs gap. However a season's worth of data is and the season data says 4.1 zone and 2.9 gap.

And before you cry about 15 points, I never claimed their playoff loss was indicative of anything beyond the fact they sucked on O in that one singular game.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I want to win. Based on your own comments it seems Nagy changed things up because he wanted to win. So not sure what you are arguing. No one claimed Nagy wants to do anything. The claim is Howard is better in zone blocking and increasing the zone blocking was a better option for winning which you just admitted.

But winning with a more limited offense, as you have stated a number of times. I agree the best thing to do with Howard was to run the zone blocking scheme.

But the offense was not good.

Perhaps, for the offense to take the step we have talked about the Bears need a more dynamic and versatile back? Perhaps, a RB that can run zone and power and who is a more dynamic route runner would have led to more than 15 points in the playoff game?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But winning with a more limited offense, as you have stated a number of times. I agree the best thing to do with Howard was to run the zone blocking scheme.

But the offense was not good.

Perhaps, for the offense to take the step we have talked about the Bears need a more dynamic and versatile back? Perhaps, a RB that can run zone and power and who is a more dynamic route runner would have led to more than 15 points in the playoff game?

The offense against the Pack and Vikings was good so this is a bit of a fudge.

I have no problem with a more dynamic runner but this convo started over why Howard struggled and Nagy is just as much a reason as anyone. At the end of the day, a coach has to work with what he had. I want a more dynamic runner. Doesn't change the fact Nagy didn't properly use the runner he actually had this year. Two separate things.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I have not been following this thread. Without looking at the comments though, pretty sure I already know who is right and who is wrong.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The offense against the Pack and Vikings was good so this is a bit of a fudge.

I have no problem with a more dynamic runner but this convo started over why Howard struggled and Nagy is just as much a reason as anyone. At the end of the day, a coach has to work with what he had. I want a more dynamic runner. Doesn't change the fact Nagy didn't properly use the runner he actually had this year. Two separate things.

Agreed, he did not use him well.

I will just change the RB rather than ask the coach to change in 2019.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have not been following this thread. Without looking at the comments though, pretty sure I already know who is right and who is wrong.

Oh boy, looks like someone has hurt feelings from another thread.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Or you can ask for both because if the coach doesn't learn how to gameplan based on his actual personnel, he is not likely to be as successful as the coaches that do like Bellichek. He is young so hopefully it is a lesson he will learn as his career progresses.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Hire a coach to run the KC system.

Want him to change his scheme completely to fit one players skillset.

#RemyLogic

If i really need to explain to you why it's beneficial to lead the defense, specifically the linebackers and safeties, to a specific hole on a particular look........

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or you can ask for both because if the coach doesn't learn how to gameplan based on his actual personnel, he is not likely to be as successful as the coaches that do like Bellichek. He is young so hopefully it is a lesson he will learn as his career progresses.

Sure, but every new coach goes through this when they tweak the roster to add personnel that fits what they want to do.

I do not need Nagy to change how he wants to call his offense because of a position that is so easily replaced. I would have a bigger issue if he was doing something dumb like not using Trubisky's skill set the right way, or asking Robinson to run nothing but clear outs. I am not changing anything for a RB, I am just changing the RB.

Belichek is great at making adjustments, but he also changes personnel more than any coach in the league.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or, it could be just to piss you off :)

Oh I am sure you may think that but sadly it just comes off a bit stalkerish. But do you bro.

Hire a coach to run the KC system.

Want him to change his scheme completely to fit one players skillset.

#RemyLogic

If i really need to explain to you why it's beneficial to lead the defense, specifically the linebackers and safeties, to a specific hole on a particular look........

Lol, going from 60% zone to 74% zone is not completely changing the scheme. You are making shit up.

Sure, but every new coach goes through this when they tweak the roster to add personnel that fits what they want to do.

I do not need Nagy to change how he wants to call his offense because of a position that is so easily replaced. I would have a bigger issue if he was doing something dumb like not using Trubisky's skill set the right way, or asking Robinson to run nothing but clear outs. I am not changing anything for a RB, I am just changing the RB.

Belichek is great at making adjustments, but he also changes personnel more than any coach in the league.

No I think he needs to change his gameplan in order to win. Again going from 60% zone to 74% zone is not changing the offense. It is changing the gameplan.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh I am sure you may thing that but sadly it just comes off a bit stalkerish. But do you bro.

Lol, going from 60% zone to 74% zone is not completely changing the scheme. You are making shit up.

No I think he needs to change his gameplan in order to win. Again going from 60% zone to 74% zone is not changing the offense. It is changing the gameplan.

And now we change the personnel so we do not need to change the game plan because of what a player "cannot do".

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And now we change the personnel so we do not need to change the game plan because of what a player "cannot do".

Sure but all players have strengths and I would hope Nagy learns how best to utilize them instead of being stubborn.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Sure but all players have strengths and I would hope Nagy learns how best to utilize them instead of being stubborn.

He DID change his approach. He shouldn't have to for a one dimensional back. That's the point.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He DID change his approach. He shouldn't have to for a one dimensional back. That's the point.

Again I have no problem replacing Howard but my point was Nagy was partly responsible for his fall in production. Seems people are just tryimg to excuse that fact by blaming Howard.

Howard can't help who he is. Nagy can call plays to play to his strengths. This is like blaming a dog because you can't teach it to fly. Not the dog's fault but the teacher.

He had Howard. Should play to his strengths from the start and then replace him when he can. Or better yet just trade him before this year like was rumored rather than destory his trade value by misusing him.

In short, Pace and Nagy mismanaged the situation all around. Didnt trade him when value was highest, misused him and now will probably lose him for peanuts or nothing.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Playing to Howard's strengths means changing the entire offense in a way that doesn't allow Nagy to use the strengths of the other players on offense. Is that smart?