Nuggets destroy Hornets 121-63. Thoughts?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Almost a 60 point win...wow. Just...wow. Some quick stats: Nuggets shoot 57% from the field and 50% from 3. Hornets shoot 32% from the field and 13% from 3. I'm pretty sure this is the largest margin of victory ever.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
When Butler is your third best player in the playoffs something is wrong.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Wow, I was watching the game and New Orleans just packed it in. I mean sometimes that's what I hate about a series that some teams if they are down just quit and say lets get'em next game. That is complete crap, and I can't believe I actually picked the Hornets to upset Denver in this series. Utah quit that night in the Finals the last title year for the Bulls and we ended up winning by 40 points or something. Same thing, New Orleans just gave up, which will most likely mean they will lose the series. Quitters rarely win. CP3 has no help.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Hendu0520 wrote:
Wow, I was watching the game and New Orleans just packed it in. I mean sometimes that's what I hate about a series that some teams if they are down just quit and say lets get'em next game. That is complete crap, and I can't believe I actually picked the Hornets to upset Denver in this series. Utah quit that night in the Finals the last title year for the Bulls and we ended up winning by 40 points or something. Same thing, New Orleans just gave up, which will most likely mean they will lose the series. Quitters rarely win. CP3 has no help.

Pretty sure that was the 97 finals.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I really thought NO was going to give the nuggets a run for their money. This same team went to the semis and took the spurs to 7 games. I thought despite their injuries they would put it all together in the post season.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
I really thought NO was going to give the nuggets a run for their money. This same team went to the semis and took the spurs to 7 games. I thought despite their injuries they would put it all together in the post season.

I knew Nuggets would win as I saw them as the 2nd best team in the West however I didnt think they would end up embarrassing the Hornets like this.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Hendu0520 wrote:

Just looked at my newspaper clipping on my wall June 7, 1998 96-54 Bulls.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Hendu0520 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Hendu0520 wrote:

Just looked at my newspaper clipping on my wall June 7, 1998 96-54 Bulls.

ahh yes. Sorry for doubting you.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
TheStig wrote:

I knew Nuggets would win as I saw them as the 2nd best team in the West however I didnt think they would end up embarrassing the Hornets like this.
Its not the east where the gap is that huge. The second best team had 54 wins and the eight had 48. Look at the other series besides the lakers, both are looking like upsets so far.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
No doubt Newskool, I originally thought it was the '97 finals too, aah the good'ol days!

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Well I went with the Hornets because they have the best player and I thought the teams were more even than they seem to be. The best player thing only works if the teams are fairly even.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Hendu0520 wrote:

New Orleans wasn't going to win this series no matter what. They certainly weren't going to come back and win this game, and giving a "good effort" wasn't going to change the results of the next game either.

Denver's a better team and has a 3-1 lead and if they tried as hard as they could New Orleans still would have been the worst team and still lost last night.

The Bulls visibly quit in game 3 as well, but we came back and won game 4.

I don't like to see quitting, but there's a point where you're better off resting your guys especially if the other team is then running them ragged in a game they have no chance in winning anymore.

RPK

Liked Posts:
They should have never let Jennaro Pargo go! :p

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
Denver has really suprised me. I havent seen alot of them since the Chauncy trade. This team is GOOD. Real good. Look, I think the Lakers will win the West, but I don't think people are giving enough credit to a potential Denver/Lakers series. Denver is a good defensive team and with Chauncy they have been able to control the tempo of their games which is huge for them. Denver could always score, but they used to just get in a shooting match with teams. Now they are much more balanced. They have depth. They are ridiculously underrated. After the Western Conference Finals, the world will know who the Denver Nuggets are. I say Lakers in 7.

Fred

Liked Posts:
Billups and Gordon are the 2 most underrated guards in the NBA.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Hendu0520 wrote:
No doubt Newskool, I originally thought it was the '97 finals too, aah the good'ol days!

I remember us going crazy from deep in that game, indeed the good'ol days.