Numbers say don’t count out Trubisky - Hub

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
If Mitch proved anything at college, it's that he doesn't fare well when forced to compete for the starting job.

I tend to agree. I think he continues to fold. He never had competition here. He was always the most talented guy in the QB room, hell I think he is still more athletic than Foles, but while he was never pushed by Glennon or Chase, he now is definitely feeling the push. And I have seen nothing that convinces me that he will deal well to honest competition nor will he rise to anything greater and he will continue to regress imo.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I tend to agree. I think he continues to fold. He never had competition here. He was always the most talented guy in the QB room, hell I think he is still more athletic than Foles, but while he was never pushed by Glennon or Chase, he now is definitely feeling the push. And I have seen nothing that convinces me that he will deal well to honest competition nor will he rise to anything greater and he will continue to regress imo.
Maybe he hit puberty over the off season?

BearsGr8

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
I believe that this year will be telling as to whether or not Mitch will succeed as an NFL starter. There's a saying that our true selves are like a sponge. When you put pressure on a sponge, when you squeeze it, whatever is inside will come out and be revealed.

This QB competition with Foles will show us what he's got inside of him. Will he rise to the challenge, or fold and give in to the pressure? If he loses this battle I think he may be resigned to being a backup QB for the rest of his career.

I like him as a talented young QB who simply hasn't put it together yet, so I hope he has some moxy buried inside that he hasn't shown us so far.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
For Mitch to actually survive in the NFL and especially the bears he has to come to the realization that its Nagy that doesn't want him. He has to outshine Nagy even though the atrocious playcalling exists. Stretch plays, use your legs, make physical runs. If not hes out as a bear.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'm ready to move on from Trubisky, but I will root for him if he is playing well, and I will yell at Nagy through my TV to pull him when he plays like crap (which he has proven is only a game away).

Maybe I am a part of the pitch fork brigade, but no matter what Mitch's numbers are, for me he has not played well consistently enough and has not played well against good competition and that is the worst thing you want from your starting QB if you have any hope of winning a championship

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
For Mitch to actually survive in the NFL and especially the bears he has to come to the realization that its Nagy that doesn't want him. He has to outshine Nagy even though the atrocious playcalling exists. Stretch plays, use your legs, make physical runs. If not hes out as a bear.

IF things don't work out with the Bears, Mitch will find himself a nice long career as a clipboard holder (like his college days) in the NFL. IF guys like Chase Daniels and Mike Glennon can last as long as they have in the NFL, so can Mitch.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Well damn, i thought my life was pretty damn good but if someone i've never met and would probably knock on his ass if i did says i have no life then you must be right...Hahahaha.

Tell your mom i said hi.
I thought you were working on your GED how can you be in middle school too?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Trubisky isn’t the guy. He’s not good. He’ll never be good.

You’re on the wrong side of history if you think otherwise. Feel free to bring up your posts defending him in a few years when you pretend like you knew Trubisky sucked the whole time.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
IF things don't work out with the Bears, Mitch will find himself a nice long career as a clipboard holder (like his college days) in the NFL. IF guys like Chase Daniels and Mike Glennon can last as long as they have in the NFL, so can Mitch.

My guess is mitch goes to the patriots next year and starts. BB knows how to use players. He adjusts to his players while Nagy needs a specific player to run a specific offense.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hub has to protect Pace and because of that, Mitch Trubisky.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This is headed towards the whites protecting whites conspiracy theory.

Hub is a lib and was Cutler’s biggest critic from day 1. Not buying it if that’s the case.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What is his incentive or the reason be for Hub to protect Pace?
I think Pace may have naked pictured of Hub or Hub is too scared to lose his credentials. When everyone and their mother knows Pace is incompetent, Hub always finds a way to defend and protect him on chicago airwaves and online.