O/T: NFL Sunday Ticket is down to Amazon, Apple or Disney

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I admit to watching a lot of TV but we are getting nickled and dimed to death with subscriptions, to the point where we have a policy of not adding one without cancelling another one. Sunday ticket is going to have to be A LOT cheaper than it was with dtv for me to change from what I'm doing now, which is watching the Bears on Game Pass when it gets uploaded a couple of hours after the game is over (and avoiding the commercials).

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If Amazon got it would it be an additional charge? I just dumped directv this year.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I admit to watching a lot of TV but we are getting nickled and dimed to death with subscriptions, to the point where we have a policy of not adding one without cancelling another one. Sunday ticket is going to have to be A LOT cheaper than it was with dtv for me to change from what I'm doing now, which is watching the Bears on Game Pass when it gets uploaded a couple of hours after the game is over (and avoiding the commercials).
No shit it keeps expanding and no consolidation lol.

Rise

Liked Posts:
If only a service existed to consolidate all these services into one, oh yeah cable! They get your money one way or another.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If Amazon got it would it be an additional charge? I just dumped directv this year.
I’d have to imagine there will be an additional cost to it(gotta make that 3 billion back somehow)

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If only a service existed to consolidate all these services into one, oh yeah cable! They get your money one way or another.
And the cycle continues lol

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm sure it would be an extra charge.

Amazon has enough other things it can peddle to make it so they could just charge users for Prime and make a ton of money. Sunday Ticket could get them new customers to use their other streaming and shopping services. But so many people have Amazon already, that I'm sure they'll charge extra for the Ticket so that people aren't getting it who really have no interest in it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Looked into IPTV after some poster mentioned it on here.

Never looked back.....

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I'm sure it would be an extra charge.

Amazon has enough other things it can peddle to make it so they could just charge users for Prime and make a ton of money. Sunday Ticket could get them new customers to use their other streaming and shopping services. But so many people have Amazon already, that I'm sure they'll charge extra for the Ticket so that people aren't getting it who really have no interest in it.
True but are they charging extra since buying out mgm? Are they charging extra when they spent around a billion for lord of the rings show rights? Will they charge extra when they buy the movie rights for 2 billion?

I think they can get away with charging for it. But it seems like they just are going for the most solid collection for prime members

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right?

After years of hearing ppl complain about not being to get channels a la carte...now they can...and they still complain.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope AMZN gets it.

I already have Prime, the unlimited music package; I have Alexa all over the house and use AWS.

I tried Disney and basically got caught up on the recent round of Star Wars movies. I hadn't seen them until last holiday season. My name is Black Rainbow....I'm not really into Minions, Happy Feet, Ice Age...? So I canceled Disney after a month or two.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
From the article:

"The league has a fourth option: put the package on its own streaming service, NFL+, which it plans to launch later this year."

I could get down with this too. Do it like mlb.tv. I would pay $100 - $170 to get ONLY Bears games. $170 is $10 bucks a game. I'd go legit for $10 a game.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
From the article:

"The league has a fourth option: put the package on its own streaming service, NFL+, which it plans to launch later this year."

I could get down with this too. Do it like mlb.tv. I would pay $100 - $170 to get ONLY Bears games. $170 is $10 bucks a game.
Yeah. I'm really hoping someone offers a single team package. That would be great.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
True but are they charging extra since buying out mgm? Are they charging extra when they spent around a billion for lord of the rings show rights? Will they charge extra when they buy the movie rights for 2 billion?

I think they can get away with charging for it. But it seems like they just are going for the most solid collection for prime members
Good points. And I agree, they CAN charge for it and make a ton of money, but they certainly don't have to. They're really the only of the 3 that I would even fathom could get away without the extra charge.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Right?

After years of hearing ppl complain about not being to get channels a la carte...now they can...and they still complain.

Unless I'm out of the loop you still can't get channels a la carte?

Even legal IPTV like sling/hulu give you chan. packages you can purchase.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Just get IPTV or get a VPN and get the international version of gamepass and you can stream games live.

Downside to IPTV is that it is on a delay and is a bit unstable at times. Downside to VPN is sometimes Gamepass will figure it out that IP address is a VPN and block it and you have to switch to another IP address until you find one that still works.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just get IPTV or get a VPN and get the international version of gamepass and you can stream games live.

Downside to IPTV is that it is on a delay and is a bit unstable at times. Downside to VPN is sometimes Gamepass will figure it out that IP address is a VPN and block it and you have to switch to another IP address until you find one that still works.
I'm not tech savvy enough. Sometimes I'll watch preseason games via non-sanctioned streams but it always feels like it's a setup for malware. I'm okay spending $100 for a year's worth of uploaded Bears games. I am often busy for most of the day on Sunday anyway but I'm usually around to watch nationally televised games live and those are available on Prime or broadcast tv.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Along the way I added Paramount+ and Peacock just to stay current on Yellowstone. I definitely can't wait to cancel Directv when they lose the NFL and replace it with youtube TV. Then I wouldn't care so much.