Obamacare Debate Tonight (7-22) on WGN-AM

E Runs

Liked Posts:
Tonight's Extension 720 with Milt Rosenberg program will be dedicated to a full blown debate on Obamacare. Milt will have at least 1 doctor who is pro-Obamacare and at least 1 doctor who is against it; this should make for a lively listen. It all starts tonight at 10pm tonight on WGN 720 and they do offer live web streaming. The shows are also avaliable in a podcast should you miss it tonight.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="E Runs"]Tonight's Extension 720 with Milt Rosenberg program will be dedicated to a full blown debate on Obamacare. Milt will have at least 1 doctor who is pro-Obamacare and at least 1 doctor who is against it; this should make for a lively listen. It all starts tonight at 10pm tonight on WGN 720 and they do offer live web streaming. The shows are also avaliable in a podcast should you miss it tonight.[/quote]

Being closely associated with this bill I can not tolerate debate on this anymore unless

it is going to discuss how we are going to undo this shitstorm. The debate is over in my

opinion. They should have had something like this on when it would have made a difference.

It would could be very educational for those who are not aware of what this bill entails

and the future impact it will have on healthcare and cost increase that will impact all of us.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
[quote name="IceHogsFan"]

Being closely associated with this bill I can not tolerate debate on this anymore unless

it is going to discuss how we are going to undo this shitstorm. The debate is over in my

opinion. They should have had something like this on when it would have made a difference.

It would could be very educational for those who are not aware of what this bill entails

and the future impact it will have on healthcare and cost increase that will impact all of us.[/quote]

They talked about it extensively when legislation was being brought up. You still may want to listen as there was discussion on his show last night about it eventually being repealed so that may be part of the discussion.

Anyways in general Extension 720 is a great way feed your brain as Milt always have interesting guests and the topics are often volatile yet never degrade into some of the yelling matches you'll come accross on TV.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="E Runs"]

They talked about it extensively when legislation was being brought up. You still may want to listen as there was discussion on his show last night about it eventually being repealed so that may be part of the discussion.

Anyways in general Extension 720 is a great way feed your brain as Milt always have interesting guests and the topics are often volatile yet never degrade into some of the yelling matches you'll come accross on TV.[/quote]

Okay then, maybe I shall based upon your recommendation and definition.

I would have to listen the copied broadcast. Let us know when it was over what

you thought about it.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

you thought about it.
[/quote]

Yes, please do. I'll probably miss it live too.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are they allowing phone calls?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="BlackhawkPaul"]Are they allowing phone calls?[/quote]

Not from you. :hand:

you thought about it.[/quote]

Hot Date?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Tater"]

Not from you. :hand:[/quote]

:mrgreen:

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obama's Healthcare Reform Bill is already fucking me. Since my community college doesn't participate in the Federal Student Loan Program, I can no longer get a Student Loan since the gov't is the only outlet now.

Someone wanna tell me what the fuck this has to do with healthcare again?

E Runs

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Tater"]

Yes, please do. I'll probably miss it live too.[/quote]

Will do, if I don't conk out that is...

E Runs

Liked Posts:
[quote name="BlackhawkPaul"]Are they allowing phone calls?[/quote]

Yup, Milit always takes call and emails, typically during the 11 o'clock hour. He'll usually start asking for them around 10:30-45, or I suppose you can call earlier and wait.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Milt rocks. You can really hear his brain thinking over the radio.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="jaxhawksfan"]

Someone wanna tell me what the fuck this has to do with healthcare again?[/quote]

Lovely, eh?

It was done because the gubment said to us ignrunt folk dat dey can save money

versus the private industry doing it. It was part of their "savings" of healthcare that

the CBO used to validate the claim it was not going to cost more money.

Wait until the government starts to federalize higher education in our country.

LarmersOneTimer

Liked Posts:
[quote name="jaxhawksfan"]Obama's Healthcare Reform Bill is already fucking me. Since my community college doesn't participate in the Federal Student Loan Program, I can no longer get a Student Loan since the gov't is the only outlet now.

Someone wanna tell me what the fuck this has to do with healthcare again?[/quote]

Ummmm they, Ummm, they ahhh, they didn't read that part.

Hope, except fo you. No college for you. You will get a government check.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What does cousin Pookie think?

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
As someone who has a brother who works in the healthcare industry I can tell you the worst is yet to come. Part of the funding of the Obamacare bill is to charge insurers a fee/tax to remain a private insurer. The fee/tax depends on your annual revenue as a company. Our company has to pay just under $300M per year as this fee. What do you think they are doing with this fee? Passing it onto consumers in the form of higher premiums starting next year. Bend over.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Lovely, eh?

It was done because the gubment said to us ignrunt folk dat dey can save money

versus the private industry doing it. It was part of their "savings" of healthcare that

the CBO used to validate the claim it was not going to cost more money.

Wait until the government starts to federalize higher education in our country.[/quote]

For those institutions that receive state or federal funding this is already happening to some extent. Good thing the Faculty Unions are pretty frickin' strong and that the faculty are more Republican than they like to admit.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
[quote name="BiscuitintheBasket"]

For those institutions that receive state or federal funding this is already happening to some extent. Good thing the Faculty Unions are pretty frickin' strong and that the faculty are more Republican than they like to admit.[/quote]

Maybe when it comes to their pocketbook but Milt had a show last week about the liberal brainwashing going on in our country's higher learning instituations that was eye-popping.

As far as the topic at hand, I indeed conked out before the show was over (traing to run a 1/2 and full marathon back to back will do that). From what I heard the doctor taking the dissenting position sounded a lot like IHF championing tort reform, cross state purchashing, etc. Both docs aggrred that the entire industry needs reform but of course disagreed about the mechinisims of such reform. As mentioned the show will be available in a podcast form and can be found at: http://www.wgnradio.com/shows/ext720/