Obamacare Debate Tonight (7-22) on WGN-AM

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="E Runs"]

Maybe when it comes to their pocketbook but Milt had a show last week about the liberal brainwashing going on in our country's higher learning instituations that was eye-popping.

As far as the topic at hand, I indeed conked out before the show was over (traing to run a 1/2 and full marathon back to back will do that). From what I heard the doctor taking the dissenting position sounded a lot like IHF championing tort reform, cross state purchashing, etc. Both docs aggrred that the entire industry needs reform but of course disagreed about the mechinisims of such reform. As mentioned the show will be available in a podcast form and can be found at: [/quote]

You can call me Dr. IHF

mikita

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]Our company has to pay just under $300M per year as this fee. What do you think they are doing with this fee? Passing it onto consumers in the form of higher premiums starting next year. Bend over.[/quote]

The bill, as written, will drive up health care costs for most Americans. I believe this was done by design. When everyone's premiums skyrocket, the sheep in this country will cry for the government to do something, and they will swoop in with a complete government takeover. This bill is but a stepping stone, a means to an end.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="mikita"]

The bill, as written, will drive up health care costs for most Americans. I believe this was done by design. When everyone's premiums skyrocket, the sheep in this country will cry for the government to do something, and they will swoop in with a complete government takeover. This bill is but a stepping stone, a means to an end.[/quote]

Sad but true. Why more people don't see this I have no idea.

You just have to read between the lines.

mikita

Liked Posts:
[quote name="jaxhawksfan"]Obama's Healthcare Reform Bill is already fucking me. Since my community college doesn't participate in the Federal Student Loan Program, I can no longer get a Student Loan since the gov't is the only outlet now.

Someone wanna tell me what the fuck this has to do with healthcare again?[/quote]

You didn't think that entire 1500 pages was all about health care did you? Wait and see what surfaces in the coming years that no one knew about. Did you know there is a provision in this bill that tracks and taxes physical gold transactions over $600 starting in 2012? Sales must be reported to Big Brother on a 1099 form. What does that have to do with health care? Beyond the tax, why else would they have an interest in tracking gold sales? Could we be headed toward an FDR-style gold confiscation? I'm just thinking out loud here.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="mikita"]

The bill, as written, will drive up health care costs for most Americans. I believe this was done by design. When everyone's premiums skyrocket, the sheep in this country will cry for the government to do something, and they will swoop in with a complete government takeover. This bill is but a stepping stone, a means to an end.[/quote]

You are dead on!

Once the bill was coming to its conclusion and we where finding out the items in it I had

long ago come to the conclusion that the bill is designed to make the private sector fail especially the insurance companies. Once that happens Big Brother can step in and say,

"See we told you! These insurance companies are ruining healthcare!" One step closer to their ultimate of universal care. How f'ing stupid most people are to not see this. Many just say give me mine and I want it for free!

mikita

Liked Posts:
[quote name="IceHogsFan"]How f'ing stupid most people are to not see this. Many just say give me mine and I want it for free![/quote]

That's just it. People wanted something at someone else's expense and they didn't look at the bigger picture. It's a direct result of the entitlement society we have created. People now believe their fellow citizens should provide them with what they cannot, or will not, provide for themselves.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="mikita"]

That's just it. People wanted something at someone else's expense and they didn't look at the bigger picture. It's a direct result of the entitlement society we have created. People now believe their fellow citizens should provide them with what they cannot, or will not, provide for themselves.[/quote]

This is where we cue over to the "disappearing middle class" thread.

The have's will always have theirs and the have not's are growing daily.

LarmersOneTimer

Liked Posts:
The word is now out that our friends England will soon begin decentralizing their health care system. Rationing of certain medical procedures, sending those who are terminally ill home, etc. are being discussed.

Their system has been in place for roughly 60 years and they are now realizing that they can't afford, as a government, to run it.

Boy, it's awesome that our leaders are shooting for an economy based on the same system as Greece and a health care system similar to those in England. I'll be dead in 60 years. My kids won't though. I pray like hell for them every day.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="LarmersOneTimer"]The word is now out that our friends England will soon begin decentralizing their health care system. Rationing of certain medical procedures, sending those who are terminally ill home, etc. are being discussed.

Their system has been in place for roughly 60 years and they are now realizing that they can't afford, as a government, to run it.

Boy, it's awesome that our leaders are shooting for an economy based on the same system as Greece and a health care system similar to those in England. I'll be dead in 60 years. My kids won't though. I pray like hell for them every day.[/quote]

Don't say pray around here, you will be judged. :)

LarmersOneTimer

Liked Posts:
[quote name="IceHogsFan"]

Don't say pray around here, you will be judged. :)[/quote]

It's pretty much the only hope I have left! LOL

E Runs

Liked Posts:
[quote name="IceHogsFan"]

This is where we cue over to the "disappearing middle class" thread.

The have's will always have theirs and the have not's are growing daily.[/quote]

Ah, see! I can post more than just dick jokes.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="E Runs"]

Ah, see! I can post more than just dick jokes.[/quote]

banghead.gif