Objective fans only: Clean slate for Justin Fields.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Fields has looked like a rookie on a bad team. Having said that, he has shown glimpses of rare playmaking ability and I believe he has shown both a mental and physical toughness that you can't really teach. So, I am really looking forward to see how he develops and what he becomes in the years ahead.

As far as these last 4 games, I think there are several things to watch for:

1) Can he improve his timing and reads at all to keep the offense moving? I am not really worried about it too much. IMO, he has already made some improvement there when you compare his first couple of starts and he is hamstrung by this offense. But...can he find a way to make some throws and keep the chains moving?

2) Can he find a way to get some TD's? Again, hamstrung by the offense around him; however, it would be awesome to see him get TD's instead of being forced to settle for FGs.

3) Will he put the team in position to win? I would hope that the Bears can win at least one more game; however, I have no trust in this defense. I think back to the Pittsburgh game and Fields put the team in a position to win, scored a go ahead TD. But the defense couldn't make a stop to save their lives, so they lost. So, I wouldn't count that against Fields. He made plays and essentially did his job. I would love to see more of what we saw from him against Pittsburgh and even the 49ers.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The last four games are a mini-season for me. It's renewing my interest. There's no reason he cannot lead the team to ONE victory.

Of course Nagy peppers in some of his bullshit plays, but the playcalling - especially the run - has been better with Lazor.

And last week one of Nagy's arena league plays got Fields a 46 yard TD throw. Obviously, that was an outlier, but it actually helped him on Sunday night.
:jonesy:

David Montgomery had 1 carry in the second half v Green Bay.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
His obsession with Fields is next level for sure. Justin might want to get his place beefed up with security for when Rainbow breaks in to steal his underwear.
This freight train went hurtling past weird a long time ago.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The last four games are a mini-season for me. It's renewing my interest. There's no reason he cannot lead the team to ONE victory.

Of course Nagy peppers in some of his bullshit plays, but the playcalling - especially the run - has been better with Lazor.

And last week one of Nagy's arena league plays got Fields a 46 yard TD throw. Obviously, that was an outlier, but it actually helped him on Sunday night.

Yeah like running Montgomery 10 times and once in the 2nd half. Real legit coaching there

?

msadows

Liked Posts:
If OP goes a week without posting about Justin Fields I'll buy him an Andy Dalton jersey.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The only thing that matters is if he is learning and getting game experience. Dont give a shit about wins and losses or stats. We won't know if this season was a success until next season.
This is the correct take for non meatballs

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No point even talking about Fields until competent coaching is in place, hopefully in a couple of months from now. These last four games are irrelevant for both Fields and the Bears.
Good point - but I wouldn't say irrelevant. Fields needs snaps. The more tape he has on himself and defenses faced he has for the off season the better. Also, more film will help incoming coaches.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good point - but I wouldn't say irrelevant. Fields needs snaps. The more tape he has on himself and defenses faced he has for the off season the better. Also, more film will help incoming coaches.
I mean irrelevant in terms of metrics and W/L.

Bust

Liked Posts:
If you are a QB fan boi, please carry on. This is for Bears fans.

Tru dat! What Fields needs to stop doing is turning the ball over. Those are momentum, drive, field position killers.

He had 3 more this past week. One was a pick 6 and his 19th fumble on the season gave GB the ball inside the Bear 20.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean irrelevant in terms of metrics and W/L.
Got ya. Yeah, I don't care about wins/losses at this point. I want Fields to play well and stay healthy most importantly. These last 4 games should also give us a good look at Jenkins/Borom.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the past, I've watched the dolts on this forum and the old CBMB talk about how all those shit Bears' QB's had all the tools even as they clearly did not. Fields does have all the tools. Bears just need better coaching and a little more around and in front of him.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what happens if Fields passes for 300+ yds 3+ touchdowns, no TOs and the offense scores 30+ / game but the defense gives up 40+ each game?

According to emo troll he would be considered a failure lmao. Should we hold Fields accountable over the defense as well?

Such a dumb and simple take smh.
That would be a good game and I'd be happy - duh.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts: