Observations From the Couch....

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Some things I noticed while watching the NBA games I chose to watch tonight...

The Cavs cannot have Big Z and Shaq on the floor at the same time...Bargnani and Bosh ran circles around them...that was sad.

Pistons wing players looked fantastic...kinda like the Bulls used to do, kill you with jumpers...

Rudy Gay predicted he would be an allstar, he might be right...

OJ Mayo did absolutely nothing, and looked very athletic doing it...

Conley didn't play like he should be a starting pg in the NBA...

Ariza is now the main man in Houston, they are going to try to do what they did with McGrady when Yao was out. They will have Ariza handling the offensive load mostly and have a scrappy, defensive team around him. That plan will be put in the garbage in a month...

Magic looked really good, Philly looked really bad...

Hedo did some good work in the 4th quarter, I guess that is his best attribute...

The Clippers might not be an easy win this year. With Griffin they will be deep in the frontcourt and Eric Gordon was compared to Joe Dumars by broadcasters from Phoenix. Physically I can see it, that is as far as it goes...

Watching Golden State, it seems Ellis is competing with Curry for ballhandling duties, for a while in the first half, they were going tit for tat. However, that will hurt the team....

Kevin Martin gives you an awful lot offensively, and doesn't even try on the other end of the court...

Saw Tim Hardaway Ceremony for his number retirement. Pat Riley spoke glowingly of Hardaway, I believe 25% of it, the rest was just too much fluff for me.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Some more observations.

That Ben Gordon guy is really good. Ben Wallace is still serviceable.

Pat Riley forced Spoelstra to start Michael Beasley at power forward like I was saying they should all along. Unshockingly, they beat the Knicks, and Beasley does great offensively with 21 points on 9-14 shooting.

Brook Lopez, who is my MIP pick, and who I predicted to become the best player from the 2008 Draft Class this summer, with 27 points, 15 rebounds, and 5 blocks. Would we have been better off staying at #9, since we surely would have drafted Lopez? Or would our coaching staff of messed him up?

The Magic looked great.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Some more observations.

That Ben Gordon guy is really good. Ben Wallace is still serviceable.

Pat Riley forced Spoelstra to start Michael Beasley at power forward like I was saying they should all along. Unshockingly, they beat the Knicks, and Beasley does great offensively with 21 points on 9-14 shooting.

Brook Lopez, who is my MIP pick, and who I predicted to become the best player from the 2008 Draft Class this summer, with 27 points, 15 rebounds, and 5 blocks. Would we have been better off staying at #9, since we surely would have drafted Lopez? Or would our coaching staff of messed him up?

The Magic looked great.

Can't be, the bulls never let anyone decent go, they only get rid of scrubs.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
My observations, so far the Clippers, Knicks, and Grizzlies will be awful, Dejaun Blair is really a beast, Andruw Bynum can't jump, Chris Paul best PG in basketball, Okafor is a big addition to the Hornets, The Bobcats will reeally miss Okafor and asking for a do-over because they will struggle to score all year.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
jsain360 wrote:
My observations, so far the Clippers, Knicks, and Grizzlies will be awful, Dejaun Blair is really a beast, Andruw Bynum can't jump, Chris Paul best PG in basketball, Okafor is a big addition to the Hornets, The Bobcats will reeally miss Okafor and asking for a do-over because they will struggle to score all year.

I think they Bobcats will vindicate me for putting them last place in the East in my predictions. Their team just looks awful.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Yesterday, while watching the Bulls, they were active, they rebounded well, they defended, shuting down R-Jeff/Manu/Parker is a tough task. The defense played well. I like the way they played as a unit. Melo could have a chance at MVP, this guy is a straight baller, Greg Oden has a chance to average 5+ fpg.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Melo could have a chance at MVP, this guy is a straight baller,

Don't say that on here man! You know I had a huge argument with someone who said BG was a better scorer than Melo!

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I watched mostly the Pistons game from the other night and Gordon looked good, as did Rip.

The Lakers (from Tue) are going to be scary. While the Clipps kept the game respectable, the Lakers handled it from start to finish without Gasol. I do think the Lakers can come close to winning 70 games. But not 73. Especially if Bynum plays like that all year.

I was impressed with Toronto. The Knicks are a joke and Durant is just looking really really good.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Anyone watching the Pistons game? Ben Wallace! Playing as good as his first year in Chicago. Hopefully he can keep doing well, I always liked Ben Wallace back when he was with the Pistons.

Ben Gordon is doing his thing, despite cutting his head open in the first half.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Melo could have a chance at MVP, this guy is a straight baller,

Don't say that on here man! You know I had a huge argument with someone who said BG was a better scorer than Melo!
he was wrong. melo is awesome. he's always been on a bad team, so no one has recognized how very talented melo is. he's not a defensive player, but the guy can score at will.