Off season moves I would make if I were Bulls GM

ginny

Liked Posts:
First:
Assuming the roster stays as is going into the offseason, and, Rose will be ready for the 2014-15 season with a clean bill of health...

Second:
You are the Bulls GM...

Third:
What moves do you make to improve the roster?
Be realistic!!!

Fourth:
If you disagree with a fellow posters moves, explain your reason without insults, and if applicable, provide further suggestion.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not resign Luol Deng unless its a sign and trade deal.

ginny

Liked Posts:
Not resign Luol Deng unless its a sign and trade deal.

I like this idea.
I would let him test FA, and let the league determine his worth, then either match an offer (that is not an overspend), or, try to work a sign and trade.

If they lost him to FA, they gain nothing. They will still be over the luxury tax, and not able to use Dengs salary in FA.

ginny

Liked Posts:
Sign and trades have restrictions on players going the other way, in that they cannot be FA's.

In other words, if the Bulls SAT Deng, they cannot trade him for another teams FA.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
If the title of this thread were "Off season moves I would make if I were Bulls OWNERSHIP", my reply would be, FIRE PAXGAR!

But its not so carry on. :shrug:

ginny

Liked Posts:
If the title of this thread were "Off season moves I would make if I were Bulls OWNERSHIP", my reply would be, FIRE PAXGAR!

But its not so carry on. :shrug:

I totally understand where you're coming from.
If you have no faith in the current GM, it's hard to have an earnest desire to play one.

But this gives you the stage to act as one, especially when you feel the current GM is incompetent, and express your ideas to do something on the contrary.

I'm sure you have some ideas on what you would do...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Being realistic, if I wanted to bank on anything serious for the long term, I would have to make moves before the off-season. The Bulls would have to make a trade before the deadline. Trading Luol or Boozer somehow would be a miracle, but both or just one of those trades would go very far, just as long as the trades aren't made for other dead-end players or late draft picks.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've said similar in other threads, but I feel like it's going to be really difficult to trade Boozer until his contract is expiring(next season) unless he is packaged with draft picks,noah,etc. And said package would probably be something that the Bulls don't want to give up.

I'd try to shop Deng, since his contract is expiring.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I totally understand where you're coming from.
If you have no faith in the current GM, it's hard to have an earnest desire to play one.

But this gives you the stage to act as one, especially when you feel the current GM is incompetent, and express your ideas to do something on the contrary.

I'm sure you have some ideas on what you would do...

I would kiss Phil Jacksons ass and offer him an opportunity to be president of basketball operations with the power to do with the team as he sees fit...I trust him...
Plus i wouldnt have Benny the Bull be the one to pick him up from the airport.....id personally fly out to wherever Phils at and pick him up in my private jet myself....There would be plenty of the finest liquor aboard and hookers.....and a peace pipe full of payote...

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
A lot of my plans would depend upon where you're slotted for the draft.

Teague is gone. Murphy is gone. You keep Augustine (I suppose).

Sign and trade Luol for Evan Turner. Sign Andray Blatche to backup Noah. Draft a big.

Rose/Augustine/James
Turner/Hinrich
Butler/Dunleavy/Snell
Taj/Boozer/rookie
Noah/Blatche

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I guess you get rid of James bc you can also move Hinrich into the point.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
A lot of my plans would depend upon where you're slotted for the draft.

Teague is gone. Murphy is gone. You keep Augustine (I suppose).

Sign and trade Luol for Evan Turner. Sign Andray Blatche to backup Noah. Draft a big.

Rose/Augustine/James
Turner/Hinrich
Butler/Dunleavy/Snell
Taj/Boozer/rookie
Noah/Blatche

i wouldn't want to put big bucks into evan turner

dude is fools gold...hes on a bad team and its a contract year so hes forcing shit to bring his average up....once hes payed he'll go back to the evan turner that was considered a bust

besides hes not a good fit with Derrick Rose nor do they like each other

i also i wouldnt bring hinrich back...hes not a NBA player anymore and we dont need thibs playing him over players that need time like tony snell

also your forgetting Nikola so we dont need another PF...and Boozer will likely be amnestied

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Trade Luol Deng for an expiring contract to ensure that we miss the playoffs and get a high draft pick (#5 overall) and select Zack LaVine from UCLA.

Amnesty Carlos Loozer.

Re-sign DJ Augustin for 1 year and $1M.

Re-sign Kirk "Glass Joe" Hinrich for 1 year and $1M.

Sign Nikolas Mirotic for the MLE ($5.5M/per).

Use Charlotte pick (#18 overall) after they finally make the playoffs on Aaron Gordon from Arizona.

5 Joakim Noah
4 Nikolas Mirotic
3 Jimmy Butler
2 Zach LaVine
1 Derrick Rose

6 Taj Gibson
7 Mike Dunleavy Jr
8 Tony Snell
9 Kirk Hinrich
0 DJ Augustin
1 Aaron Gordon
2 Some FA scrub center

When our favorite stupid cripple Derrick Rose tears his ACL again on the first game of the season, we can hand the reigns over to Zack LaVine and let him grow into the superstar franchise player he's going to be.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My guess is that Mirotic is not going to be signing that low.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My guess is that Mirotic is not going to be signing that low.
For the MLE? What, he's gonna demand 10M off the bat? I've always been under the impression that he would sign for around the full MLE amount. Maybe a little higher at 6M.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
For the MLE? What, he's gonna demand 10M off the bat? I've always been under the impression that he would sign for around the full MLE amount. Maybe a little higher at 6M.
He's in a much more favorable position now as far as what he can demand.

Liked Posts:
I would kiss Phil Jacksons ass and offer him an opportunity to be president of basketball operations with the power to do with the team as he sees fit...I trust him...
Plus i wouldnt have Benny the Bull be the one to pick him up from the airport.....id personally fly out to wherever Phils at and pick him up in my private jet myself....There would be plenty of the finest liquor aboard and hookers.....and a peace pipe full of payote...

I'd go hard after Phil too to let him run the basketball operations. Pat Riley is a difference maker in Miami. Jackson could be that and more in Chicago.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I'd go hard after Phil too to let him run the basketball operations. Pat Riley is a difference maker in Miami. Jackson could be that and more in Chicago.

Not going to happen. Rein$dorf is so loyal to his employees that he'll only fire them if they suck for several years in a row. Look how long he held on to Krause. Rein$dorf won't fire GarPax unless we suck for 4-5 years in a row. If we win 40+ games and make the playoffs every year, Reinsdorf will keep GarPax around forever. As long as every game is sold out, 40 wins is good enough for Reiny.