**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
As much as everyone wants to talk about AJ brown ‘transforming hurts’ it’s clearly their superior line play that carries the offense, as well as the defense. This is not different from what is going on in SF.
They had that same OL as 2021, though. Granted, a little more health from Seumalo in particular at RG, but the OL has allowed him to develop as a passer more as he's had more time in the pocket when he's needed it. AJ Brown definitely made things easier as well.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm certain that none of Poles, Cunningham or Warren have entertained trade discussion of the 1st pick at this time. Where does the "he's heard that" nonsense come from. I mean, we all expect some movement by Poles as he's shown to be willing from last year's draft but I guarantee he's still holding his cards with a great poker face.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Philly is just loaded everywhere. Two top 25 WRs. A top 10 TE. Top 3 or so OL. Their front seven is probably the best in the league and their corner duo is probably top 5. They really don't have a weakness. Hurts is better than I ever thought he would be but I think he's probably in the best situation to succeed that he could be.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As much as everyone wants to talk about AJ brown ‘transforming hurts’ it’s clearly their superior line play that carries the offense, as well as the defense. This is not different from what is going on in SF.
Very true but Jalen is a far better QB than expected or looked to be until this year. There are reasons beside his own play but that play also shouldn't be discounted. He's making good reads, decisions and is more accurate than expected. He's obviously worked hard, both physically and mentally and elevated his play to an unexpectedly high level.

All that said, I'm keeping Justin.:beer:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've been saying for over a year that his game should translate well to the next level. I appreciate that he's getting the acclaim he likely deserves but for one game to cause a major elevation by scouts whose job it is to evaluate talent regardless of circumstances would be a bit damning of their ability to do so.
So were you offended that BR had you on ignore?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I've been saying for over a year that his game should translate well to the next level. I appreciate that he's getting the acclaim he likely deserves but for one game to cause a major elevation by scouts whose job it is to evaluate talent regardless of circumstances would be a bit damning of their ability to do so.
Yeah, but circumstances do matter. Showing up in a spotlight game against a bunch of NFL talent gives reassurance and validity more so than what he looked like putting up big numbers against Toledo and Arkansas State.

I don't think that performance creates a major elevation, as he already was considered no worse than the #2 QB, but if someone likes his traits better than Young's, they definitely point to that performance in the argument to be taken at #1.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So I saw that Mooney switched agents to one that the Bears work with a lot. People were speculating an extension is coming soon.

Do you think Mooney deserves an extension now?

And how much?

I’ll be honest I wasn’t as impressed this season vs last season so if he’s getting extended it better be for a reasonable number. I just don’t know what that number is. 8-10 a year? ?‍♂️

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
So I saw that Mooney switched agents to one that the Bears work with a lot. People were speculating an extension is coming soon.

And how much?

I’ll be honest I wasn’t as impressed this season vs last season so if he’s getting extended it better be for a reasonable number. I just don’t know what that number is. 8-10 a year? ?‍♂️
Hes not signing for less than 15/yr. It's also fair he wouldn't accept 8-10 /yr. He's significantly better than losers like MVS.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

And how much?

I would say trade him but he’s the only wr on the roster that can get separation. Guys like chark got 10 mil a year. Kirk got 18 mil. Cap is going up so anywhere from 15-20 would be my guess. Anything less and poles gets a W

Canth

Liked Posts:
The hard about any deal for Mooney is the injury. Has there been any update on how is doing in recovery? I could see any extension taking a while to get in place as they will likely want to see him practicing again before giving him a boatload of money.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Nah Toney is a stud. So much so he was only worth a 3rd and 6th 1 year after being drafted with a first.
But that Claypool trade that you loved that we made..........now that's some serious production. LOL

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

And how much?

I'd be good with going to 12 mil per for him but to get him at 10 or under would be nice.