**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

msadows

Liked Posts:
Maybe he is, maybe he isn’t. One thing is for sure, he was not an absolute beast in the 9 games he played before he got injured. He was great his rookie year but really fell off in year 2 and then suffered a devastating injury that required reconstructive surgery as opposed to a less severe repair.

I’d give up a 3rd for a roll of the dice but that’s about it. Wouldn’t trade JJ for him either. He has a chance to be a long term piece and I love the depth of the secondary right now.

Yea, don't understand the goobers on here trying to get rid of JJ and Kmet. Those are two homegrown players who may not be elite, but should come at a fair price and have improved yearly for the most part.

Solid corners are hard to find in this league. If we have 3 of them...2 still being on rookie deals for a while, I'd say thats a giant win.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't give up more than a third for Young given his injury history. Could maybe justify a 2nd if we flipped Johnsonnfor a draft pick. I would say Johnson for Young straight up but Commanders just drafted a bunch of CBs.
Unsubstantiated rumor right now is Bears have a ‘24 3rd and VJJ on table for what it’s worth.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Unsubstantiated rumor right now is Bears have a ‘24 3rd and VJJ on table for what it’s worth.

I'd 100% do that.

majority of 3rd rounders never work out anyways. Least you get a 1 year rental of chase and if he sucks you can let him walk.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Someone’s will bring up the fact that we gave up essentially a first rounder for claypool and maybe GM’s around the league will use that against Poles or at least try that tactic. Can’t blame them for trying to use that as leverage but we will see what happens in his next transaction but I would tend to think that Poles probably has learned from that trade and it’s not over to be honest- there’s no way I would have paid that for Claypool but who am I, I also don’t think it’s quite fair to judge that move just yet but that was a high payment for 1.5 year rental and the half year was technically never going to work in a year where we were never going to make the playoffs. I think it was a terrible trade but hoping I was wrong.

I think Young is an absolute beast IF HE can stay healthy
Doubt the Claypool trade will have any ongoing affect on Poles. He is very firm in his belief of following a plan that has previously been laid without emotion. It's really kinda smart. Make a plan without emotion and then stick to that plan in the heat of the moment.

Claypool seems to be the exception, where Poles may have deviated due to pressure and need. But that also presumes he knew that the Bears would be picking top 1-3, which he clearly didn't.

The Bears were 3-5 and tied for 20th in the NFL and 2nd in the NFC North entering week 9, the week they acquired Claypool. So even if you figure the Bears would finish around 8-10 in draft order, it wasn't a huge overpay at the time. No one wants to remember that, they just want to bitch about no.32, the pseudo 1st rnd pick, Waaaaaahhhhh.

Thing is no one really will know if that trade was good, bad , or indifferent until at least after this season. Everything else is just worthless noise and bitchy chicken littles or Bear goggles homers at this point.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Doubt the Claypool trade will have any ongoing affect on Poles. He is very firm in his belief of following a plan that has previously been laid without emotion. It's really kinda smart. Make a plan without emotion and then stick to that plan in the heat of the moment.

Claypool seems to be the exception, where Poles may have deviated due to pressure and need. But that also presumes he knew that the Bears would be picking top 1-3, which he clearly didn't.

The Bears were 3-5 and tied for 20th in the NFL and 2nd in the NFC North entering week 9, the week they acquired Claypool. So even if you figure the Bears would finish around 8-10 in draft order, it wasn't a huge overpay at the time. No one wants to remember that, they just want to bitch about no.32, the pseudo 1st rnd pick, Waaaaaahhhhh.

Thing is no one really will know if that trade was good, bad , or indifferent until at least after this season. Everything else is just worthless noise and bitchy chicken littles or Bear goggles homers at this point.

Recency Bias.

99% of CCS was cunting that we dont have a WR and were happy when we got Claypool.

He might end up sucking balls for us, but I don't think it was a terrible mistake compared to the shit many GM's do in the league. He needed to get fields help because VJJ was a bum

Rise

Liked Posts:
The claypool trade looks horrible but the reasoning was sound. This was the price at the time and FA looked like garbage which it was. Poles had no idea dj moore was going to be on this team.

Trading picks for players who need to be paid rarely works out. It’s ok to move a 4th rounder for these risks as they can be recouped with trade downs pretty easily. That’s all he should offer for young.

Remember two finite resources in the nfl. Cap space and draft picks. When you trade picks and pay you’re paying double on the dollar in value. Having cheap productive draft picks producing on your team is how you win consistently.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Recency Bias.

99% of CCS was cunting that we dont have a WR and were happy when we got Claypool.

He might end up sucking balls for us, but I don't think it was a terrible mistake compared to the shit many GM's do in the league. He needed to get fields help because VJJ was a bum
Dimes to doughnuts Claypool for the 32nd will be better than Jahmyr Gibbs at 12. With what Poles seems to have accomplished in a little over a year, much ado about nothing.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The claypool trade looks horrible but the reasoning was sound. This was the price at the time and FA looked like garbage which it was. Poles had no idea dj moore was going to be on this team.
See I don't get this. If it was the price at the time, it was not a horrible decision. Making a sound decision in the moment is not nullified by what happens in the future.
Trading picks for players who need to be paid rarely works out.
I agree here.
Remember two finite resources in the nfl. Cap space and draft picks. When you trade picks and pay you’re paying double on the dollar in value. Having cheap productive draft picks producing on your team is how you win consistently.
That's assuming productive draft picks. Poles was gambling on Claypool, in that his early production out played his draft status, but his latter did not. Poles is gambling on him producing at his earlier level. This season will tell the tale.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Michael Keaton Gif

Rise

Liked Posts:
See I don't get this. If it was the price at the time, it was not a horrible decision. Making a sound decision in the moment is not nullified by what happens in the future.

I agree here.

That's assuming productive draft picks. Poles was gambling on Claypool, in that his early production out played his draft status, but his latter did not. Poles is gambling on him producing at his earlier level. This season will tell the tale.

I should have typed “it looks horrible right now” my fault.