**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Claypool is an asset moving forward. I think the full offseason with the team and more time with Fields will pay off. I understand why people were down on the trade by the end of the year especially with where the draft pick ended up, but I am confident that Claypool can have a way better year next year.
Agreed, move will be a win over next 1-2 years with poor FA group and draft prospects.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The competition between division rivals in Houston and Indy is where Bears will wring the value out of their current draft position. Either one of them or a dark horse like Carolina. I can't wait. The Bears have no fucking business having the #1 pick! Thanks Lovie for an all-time boner of a win. Thanks refs and ESB for fucking us in the Dolphins game. Thanks Mooney and Pettis for not hauling in TD throws vs Washington. Thanks ISM for getting the ball ripped out of your hands vs Minnesota. This is going to be HUGE for the franchise.
We were destined for the # 1 pick.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
How have you concluded they are no better off?

Why would it be a problem if they have to pay him if he actually is good?

Do you realize that at some point you do have to pay good players in order to keep them?

Is it possible that a rookie WR actually ends up struggling and not being any good?
Sure, it is possible that a rookie wide receiver is a complete non-contributor on offense just like Chase Claypool was. Busts happen, but the whole point is that at least there's upside. What is Claypool's upside? That he starts looking like the player he was the first half of his rookie year? It's not like he just recently started sucking, he has been in decline for years now.

You have to be completely delusional to still be defending that trade, the pick became the equivalent of a first-rounder and it was given away for a player who produced zero scores and only six first downs in seven games.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If you're trading with Carolina you better expect that pick to be the mid-twenties next year. That's a good roster with some great coaching (if they land Vic Fangio) in a division that is really, really bad. Going from Will Anderson Jr. to Myles Murphy isn't worth some late first-round pick next year.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure, it is possible that a rookie wide receiver is a complete non-contributor on offense just like Chase Claypool was. Busts happen, but the whole point is that at least there's upside. What is Claypool's upside? That he starts looking like the player he was the first half of his rookie year? It's not like he just recently started sucking, he has been in decline for years now.

You have to be completely delusional to still be defending that trade, the pick became the equivalent of a first-rounder and it was given away for a player who produced zero scores and only six first downs in seven games.
Um, Wasn't he injured?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Um, Wasn't he injured?
He sucked for Pittsburgh too. And he wasn't that great the year before either.

He had an awesome first half or so of his rookie year. Since then he has been on a downward trend from average, to bad, to injured and bad. The occasional decent game sprinkled in there is just noise on what is a definite and pronounced decline. Bears paid a first-round pick for another team's leftover trash.

Reactions: chi

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
If you're trading with Carolina you better expect that pick to be the mid-twenties next year. That's a good roster with some great coaching (if they land Vic Fangio) in a division that is really, really bad. Going from Will Anderson Jr. to Myles Murphy isn't worth some late first-round pick next year.
The only team worth trading back that far is Vegas. McDaniels has a high potential to lose that team pretty quickly and have a dumpster fire season. Denver got Von Miller thanks to his ineptitude.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The only team worth trading back that far is Vegas. McDaniels has a high potential to lose that team pretty quickly and have a dumpster fire season. Denver got Von Miller thanks to his ineptitude.
Agreed. Vegas is one of the more attractive 2024 picks to own. I also think Washington, Tampa Bay, Minnesota and both New York teams are sneaky good partners if you are looking to acquire a high pick next year. Some of those teams will be in win-now mode too.

But who knows how the offseason will shake out. Stocks are going to rise and fall a lot between now and the draft.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hopefully Poles has all of this in mind when going over any and all offers for that pick. I would think if us fans do then they do as well.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Vegas is one of the more attractive 2024 picks to own. I also think Washington, Tampa Bay, Minnesota and both New York teams are sneaky good partners if you are looking to acquire a high pick next year. Some of those teams will be in win-now mode too.

But who knows how the offseason will shake out. Stocks are going to rise and fall a lot between now and the draft.
What if Brady was the quarterback?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's not like he just recently started sucking, he has been in decline for years now.

Bro this last year was his 3rd season he's not old af like you.