**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
FA is always about filling holes and maybe one or two big FAs. Bears did that with Moore, Edmunds, and Davis.

Now FA will fill out the roster until the team gets into the flow of producing players in the draft.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I just like the name Poona...............but would take Robinson over him. Ngakoue would be the exception due to his pass rush ability, though Poles will also look to the draft for a rookie edge rusher in the first two rounds.
Having Ngakoue play only for his personal stats would be enough to take him off my list of potential Bear free agent targets, but I am not on the Bears so I have no influence in what the Bears will do.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
#2,948 Dude...This is a Free Agency news and signings thread

So stop stalking me with race bait and butt bleeding shit references. It's embarrassing how you continue to run and crawl up behind me after I told u the put me on ignore. Stop stalking & thinking about me and put me on ignore.
Just put him on ignore. He gets his rocks off of cyber stalking on the forums.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
run and shoot said:

In terms of overall performance i.e. Scoring as a kicker Gould &Butler were better than Santos.
Yes.....We can agree on competition for Santos. I'll close it out there.

Yeah not really especially not Butler.

In terms of scoring % Gould &Butler are ahead of Santos
Yes.....We can agree on competition for Santos. I'll close it out there.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
From your link

Braxton Jones, Chicago Bears​

Finding a rookie left tackle who can offer above-average production is a rarity. Discovering that player in the fifth round of the draft is nearly unheard of. But Braxton Jones played every snap as the Bears’ left tackle in 2022, finishing with the league’s eighth-highest pass-block win rate. He might get even better if Chicago puts more talented pieces around him going forward.
Additional information from your link
As teams evaluate rookie offensive linemen, they’d do well to reference the example of Andrew Thomas. Drafted fourth overall in 2020, Thomas struggled mightily in his first NFL season and allowed 10 sacks.

But at some point in his sophomore campaign, Thomas figured things out. He’s taken great strides forward as a pass blocker thanks to improved footwork, largely locking down the left side of the Giants’ line.

Taking these two pieces of information from your link, it seems that Braxton can improve from his 8th best in pass block win rate if he gets stronger (Poles just said that Braxton is working on his strength) and the people around him get better (have added one improvement with more to come).

So Braxton is currently the 26th best OT (from your link) at the LT position which is more important than RT and he has a chance to take a huge jump in his 2nd year.

I'll take that for a 5th rounder.