**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dude, it’s football. Injuries are part of the game. I hope we get Adebewore in the 2nd. It may happen, though is increasingly unlikely, but not with 9.

BPA at 9 is Bijan. The issue is positional value vs BPA.

Yes we know he is BPA to you but question is whether he is BPA for Poles. Here is the issue with Bijan.

These are all the RBs drafted in top 10 since 2000. I would not take any of them at 9 except maybe LDT and Peterson. Guys like CMC and Barkley have been too injury prone.

So the issue is Bijan essentially needs to be an all time great to be worth it to me. Won't be upset if we take him but you are underselling how rare it is for a RB to actually be worth a top 10 pick.

There is no such thing as a can't miss prospect. It is not even the case this dude had 2k yards from scrimmage in college. You talk about the dude as if he was some all time great college Rab when be wasn't.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I mean, first off, if I need to post recepits, that's fine:

View attachment 27427

View attachment 27426

It's not hard to see what's being ignored if I have an interest in seeing it. But its at my discretion, and a refresh cleans it all up. Forum tools are a beautiful thing.

That out of the way, when I did that, I saw you actually just talking football and had a solid point too. I'm not the grudge-holding type, so responding to you was me agreeing you had a solid point (and still do, based on the response).

One caveat though - while you rightly point out they overspent on Edmunds and Claypool, they are also in a position to do it right now. I think people need to understand that smart GMs know when they can take that risk and when not to. And even Edmunds is on a front-loaded, team-friendly deal if I am not mistaken.

But you are correct - there is no reinventing of the wheel here. It's literally the same gameplan Ryan Pace had when he got here - I think what has people shocked thus far is the superior execution of it to this point.

Of course, none of it matters if Poles can't land the talent in the draft....

@Anytime23 If you scroll down on this guy's ignore list you'll see "NFL GAMES" on it.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yes we know he is BPA to you but question is whether he is BPA for Poles. Here is the issue with Bijan.

These are all the RBs drafted in top 10 since 2000. I would not take any of them at 9 except maybe LDT and Peterson. Guys like CMC and Barkley have been too injury prone.

So the issue is Bijan essentially needs to be an all time great to be worth it to me. Won't be upset if we take him but you are underselling how rare it is for a RB to actually be worth a top 10 pick.

There is no such thing as a can't miss prospect. It is not even the case this dude had 2k yards from scrimmage in college. You talk about the dude as if he was some all time great college Rab when be wasn't.
The Bijan love @9 reminds me of the Jamal Adams love @3 in 2017.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think a couple DEs that still make sense are Dawuane Smoot and Khaseen Green. Smoot in particular is a pretty good player. I'd also like to see them grab a CB. There's still good CB's available

Smoot is coming off injury and may not be ready to start season…. Otherwise I’d be on board. Green is a possibility. Agree. CB too.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
No I am saying there were not exceptional players available on the OL and DL. People were already complaining about how this free agent class was weak so where did all these exceptional players come from?

If I define exceptional as a top 10 player at their position then the only OL/DL available that qualified is McGary who ranked 4 but most here including you didnt want him because his ranking was based largely on his run blocking.

If I expand to the top 20 then on the DL Hargrave was 11th and went for 21m but then Billings was 17th and Walker 24th and we signed them. Brown was 19th but we signed Davis who was 17th at G.

Then of course Edmunds and Edwards were 5th and 6th at LB and we signed both.

So again who are we saying is exceptional and how have we determined that? It seems some just wanted him to sign names they recognized. We ended up with 5 players ranked in the top 25 at their position and 2 in the top 10 but people are crying because we didnt go after largely lower ranked players at positions of perceived need in an alleged weak FA class.
I’m sorry are you seriously saying a guy like Hargrave is a ‘lower rank’ player at a position of ‘perceived need’ lmao I can’t even with is. Wow.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jonah Williams requests a trade out of Cincy after they signed O.Brown.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Most people (outside of the CCS bubble) understand that Roquan Smith is a better player than Edmunds. So it's doubtful that the linbacker group is that much better.
The O line was terrible. It remains to be seen what will happen in the draft. Hopefully an OT with #9 and a promising interior lineman/center with one of the low picks in the second round. If that happens, there will be good reason for optimism re the O line--although the new players will have to show up and perform. It would be nice to see Fields not have to run for his life on every play.

So it's too early to say Poles is a failure or success. His ability to evaluate talent in the draft will be key. At this point it's an unknown.
that's fair, to want to see how things start panning out before making judgement. so far I feel like he's done things the right way/smartly. But he also had the luxury some GMs don't have to blow up a team and or finish last. It's easier to look smart sucking than winning ;). So I understand your sentiment.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Again, injuries are part of the game. I would take a lot more than just two of those guys at 9. I do talk about Bijan as a potential great, because I see that he could be one. He mirrors Ladanian the most, like a hybrid of him and Faulk.

So, though I do see why people are all on board the positional value train, I also know the damage of a Fields, B. Robinson, Moore, Money, Tongyan, Kmet, and Claypool O would bring. I'd really like to see a set where DJ is on the outside, Bijan in the slot, Claypool or Mooney in the Tail, and the D have to figure out how to actually play that, much like the 49ers do with CMC. I know, should Bijan hit like I think he would, we win an easy 4 more games with him than without him.