**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I am saying the Bears went from having the highest paid LB to having the 4th highest paid LB. The difference over three years is only 5 mil. Not hard to understand. The rest is just noise. You act like the Ravens are a shit franchise that don't know what they are doing?
They have 2 playoff wins in the last 10 years. Maybe they don’t deserve as much credit as they get.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Monty is more durable than Swift, that is the only conclusion you can draw from any stats.
And what does that tell you? Monty > Swift. You call other people stupid in this thread but look in the mirror Rick the fish.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just about anyone is more durable than Swift.
YearTeamATTYDSAVGTDRECYDSAVGTD
2022Lions995425.55483898.13

2022Bears2018014.05343169.31

Not sure where this qualifies as better. But congrats on having more than twice as many carries. But that extra 250 yds on an additional 102 carries........well.....whoppity shit.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Not sure where this qualifies as better. But congrats on having more than twice as many carries. But that extra 250 yds on an additional 102 carries........well.....whoppity shit.

Not sure how this relates to what I posted…

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

It 100% qualifies as better. Swift is so bad the Lions used Williams as their primary back. Swift can’t hold the #1 spot so the Lions had to sign Monty to take that over.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think the Lions would have signed Monty if they felt Swift was the more superior back?
They have both. Not sure what your asking. what I am hearing is the Lions offered Jamaal a similar contract than the one they offered Monty, Jamaal turned it down, so the Lions pivoted to Montgomery. In this particular case, they would be seen as complimentary backs.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I am saying the Bears went from having the highest paid LB to having the 4th highest paid LB. The difference over three years is only 5 mil. Not hard to understand. The rest is just noise. You act like the Ravens are a shit franchise that don't know what they are doing?
You're so focused on the first 3 years, but these aren't old players we're talking about here. Both Quan and Edmunds are just now entering the prime of their careers. The Bears have Edmunds locked to a deal that remy notes will be looking like a steal in 3 years, assuming he's still playing well and not injured. Assuming the same for Roquan (playing well and not hurt), the price goes way up to keep him around. It's easy to say "oh they'll just restructure" but that's always kicking the can down the road which catches up with you sooner or later.

Beyond that, the point still remains, i'd MUCH rather have Edmunds at $2 mil less AAV + 2nd round pick + 5th round pick over Roquan. No one in their right mind wouldn't.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
They have both. Not sure what your asking. what I am hearing is the Lions offered Jamaal a similar contract than the one they offered Monty, Jamaal turned it down, so the Lions pivoted to Montgomery. In this particular case, they would be seen as complimentary backs.
The Lions are making it clear… They need a better back than Swift. Which is why they wanted Williams back and when he declined brought it Montgomery. The Lions clearly don’t trust Swift. Cus he sucks.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're so focused on the first 3 years, but these aren't old players we're talking about here. Both Quan and Edmunds are just now entering the prime of their careers. The Bears have Edmunds locked to a deal that remy notes will be looking like a steal in 3 years, assuming he's still playing well and not injured. Assuming the same for Roquan (playing well and not hurt), the price goes way up to keep him around. It's easy to say "oh they'll just restructure" but that's always kicking the can down the road which catches up with you sooner or later.

Beyond that, the point still remains, i'd MUCH rather have Edmunds at $2 mil less AAV + 2nd round pick + 5th round pick over Roquan. No one in their right mind wouldn't.
The picks are irrelevant in this discussion. Roquan had value to the Ravens at the time of the trade due to the fact they were getting him for 1/2 a year at virtually nothing.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears will probably extend Kmet, JJ, and maybe Mooney. They'll give them signing bonus that will bring down the cap.

None of the extensions need to happen right away because the minimum spending requirement runs through this upcoming season. My understanding is that they just need to hit the threshold before the end of the league year, so they can do deals with JJ, Kmet, and Mooney whenever it makes sense.

Given the way we've seen Poles operate, I'm sure there are a few scenarios in play for how he'll allocate the remaining cap space. I suspect extensions are a later part of that plan. He has a very business-like approach, and I like that we don't see him panic and spend stupidly like Pace did. He pursues an objective, doesn't overcommit, and shift gears as the situation dictates.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
None of the extensions need to happen right away because the minimum spending requirement runs through this upcoming season. My understanding is that they just need to hit the threshold before the end of the league year, so they can do deals with JJ, Kmet, and Mooney whenever it makes sense.

Given the way we've seen Poles operate, I'm sure there are a few scenarios in play for how he'll allocate the remaining cap space. I suspect extensions are a later part of that plan. He has a very business-like approach, and I like that we don't see him panic and spend stupidly like Pace did. He pursues an objective, doesn't overcommit, and shift gears as the situation dictates.

Poles said in July he will begin extensions