**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Dang. Now im curious about Monty. Not distraught about losing him, just enjoyed the guy being a Bear. Im endeared to guys that break tackles like Marshawn Lynch- EVEN if Monty aint elite. Now I'm curious why he left. Has to be just bigger contract/ guarantee, right?

I am a big Monty fan, but I'm pretty stoked about DF. He had great stats last year once he took over. He has a very good size/speed combo and has always looked the part.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Maybe so. It just stings letting go of a first round pick, and Tennessee is sitting two picks behind Chicago that I'd like to at least explore how to get him as part of the package to move up from 11 to 9.

Gut reaction to 9th + Ravens second rounder for 11 and Simmons? The price to move from 12 to 10 in 2021 was 84 overall.
But whoever did the 12 to 10 move weren't getting a top 3 player in the league at his position i'm guessing?!

Last edited:

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I am a big Monty fan, but I'm pretty stoked about DF. He had great stats last year once he took over. He has a very good size/speed combo and has always looked the part.
Yeah. Maybe not the pass catcher and blocker but I agree his stats give reason for hope. But Poles saying they tried to keep Monty but wasnt up to him made me curious. But I guess it was 100% about money.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
1st rep - LVN dominates.
2nd rep - PJJ wins
3rd rep - Win for LVN, Stroud just gets the ball out quick
4th rep - Another win for LVN where Stroud got the ball out quick
5th rep - PJJ wins
6th rep - PJJ wins

All in all, thought LVN looked better in that exchange than PJJ.

Was the first time I thought…. Now I see why LVN is a first round pick. I need to watch him some more now.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Oxymoron. Poles saying he wanted to keep Monty but it was players choice... and that the player will have a chip = didnt offer Monty the money he wanted. Or perhaps even guarantee the workload he wanted. Doesnt make sense for Monty to have a "chip" otherwise.
Or that they didn't match what Det was offering so he chose the money which i think RB's need to always get their money whenever they can with how quick their playing careers come to the end.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If they got BR in the third round or later OK. Too many much, much, much more critical needs than to waste a high pick on a fucking RB. Even if BR was the second coming of Walter (which he isn't) I still wouldn't draft him high.
The needs we have are for a three down offensive weapon that can threaten the D and cause them to adjust. That is Bijan Robinson.