***OFFICAIL*** BREAKING: RYAN POLES NAMED BEARS GM (ANOTHER #CALLEDIT BY OP)

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As a former offensive tackle, honestly it probably means he'll make good offensive line evaluations. It's one of the reasons I think Pace was so good at finding defensive linemen finds.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
As a former offensive tackle, honestly it probably means he'll make good offensive line evaluations. It's one of the reasons I think Pace was so good at finding defensive linemen finds.

He apparently was instrumental in helping the Chiefs fix their line in one offseason.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chiefs general manager Brett Veach told The Athletic in August that Poles, who was named to the outlet’s NFL 40 under 40 list, has had “quite an impact in building our roster.”

“In our line of work, it’s really important that we turn over every stone, and Ryan is outstanding when it comes to research and details,” Veach said. “He loves the game; you can tell by his attitude and the way he grinds. Beyond that, he’s a tremendous talent evaluator and plays a key role in our personnel department.”

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know much about this guy... but if he was heavily involved in who KC has drafted in the last several years, etc., it may be a solid choice because they've consistently had good talent.

Also, if he does end up being great, his age is a bonus. We could possibly have a solid GM in place for well over a decade.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sean Payton is Available

So he's retiring from the Saints as a juke to come to the Bears? The Saints' lawyers looking at his contract might have something to say about that. Because you know, this scenario is part of the reason that contracts exist.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Executive director of player personnel with no experience building a scouting department. Sounds like Ryan Pace all over again. Really wanted Omar Khan but hopefully this works out.
Poles comes from a scouting background with an emphasis on the college game, and joined Kansas City’s front office as a scouting assistant in 2009. He was the team’s director of college scouting from May 2016 - June 2018, so he was leading the Chief’s college scouting efforts when the team traded up to draft Patrick Mahomes in 2017.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You don't give someone a nickname, they earn it.

Let's see how he handles March & April first.

"Big Balls" Poles

He just said a few minutes ago that Poles demanded he have complete control of the coaching hire, that he will interview all three of Caldwell, Eberflus, and Quinn tomorrow by himself and then decide if he needs to expand the list of finalists

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Welcome. Bring one of those to Chicago.

q80eqjf9wvd81.jpg

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He still has to make good selections with the picks available
Yes of course...but im not going to shit on him totally, with not many good picks. We will be lucky to get one starter