*****Officail**** Football Foodblogthread: San Fran @ Chicago BEARS edition opening game gameday thread for FBT talk

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bringing these back because I've gotten a lot of fan DM mail with ppl missing these last season or so. Just couldn't really get pumped about the Baers for some reason last couple years but NOW I AM BACK BABY for at least the first few games.

Now much like the Bears team, I'll be disciplined with my efforts but to start out this season I'm not fully cemented with identity. Years passed, I would always try to get something going menu-wise that showed some appreciation for the local fare of the opponent.

This week in discussing with fam, tacos were turned down because we eat a lot of tacos. Homemade rice-a-roni (Armenian pilaf) was intriguing but the main - lamb kababs, was out the window because we had lamb barbacoa this week and I'm out of the lamb we like. Tuna Poke bowls? While super popular in San Fran, it's not really their thing, and kiddos felt it was too healthy.

So guess what? **** San Francisco food. I'm making wings. I'm making poutine.

For the wings I have air chilled organic pasture chicken wings. None of that meat bathed in a shitty "brine" after slaughter. Air frying those from frozen, tossed in a little olive oil, for like 25 minutes until fried "hard"

Then I'm hitting them with Aldi's "red hot" knockoff, infused with grass fed butter and various sauces i've fermented from peppers I grew this season - thai chilis, scotch bonnets, ghost, cayenne. Want it to be HOT but bearable. Making homemade bleu cheese dressing with my own mayo, bleu cheese, pepper, garlic, dill, onion and a little buttermilk.

Poutine? Mandolin cut fries from big ass baking potatoes, fried twice in peanut oil. Cajun rubbed cheese curds. Homemade gravy using some frozen truffle infused demi-glace i got from wildforkfoods delivered. Might throw some bacon and frozen peas in there too even though @Grimson called me Special person when I suggested this. If not, definitely a bunch of scallion for a little freshness.

That's it. wings, poutine. FOOTBALL

wut r u guys and gals cooking up for SUNDAY?

BEARS

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My wife and I are in the middle of packing up our house for a move so our kitchen is pretty bare right now. However, as we are all aware of the massive Asian influence in San Francisco, I will be ordering some sushi. If I had the correct cooking utensils, I'd probably make a pho.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ty for this. Wife made homemade French fries and was supremely pissed that they were garbage. I will remind her to double fry those tasty lil spuds.

OT-headed to Chicago right now for a boys trip. I know it's touristy AF, but any good eats near Wrigley? Also, which concession stand at SF has the most authentic corn dogs?

TIA!

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bringing these back because I've gotten a lot of fan DM mail with ppl missing these last season or so. Just couldn't really get pumped about the Baers for some reason last couple years but NOW I AM BACK BABY for at least the first few games.

Now much like the Bears team, I'll be disciplined with my efforts but to start out this season I'm not fully cemented with identity. Years passed, I would always try to get something going menu-wise that showed some appreciation for the local fare of the opponent.

This week in discussing with fam, tacos were turned down because we eat a lot of tacos. Homemade rice-a-roni (Armenian pilaf) was intriguing but the main - lamb kababs, was out the window because we had lamb barbacoa this week and I'm out of the lamb we like. Tuna Poke bowls? While super popular in San Fran, it's not really their thing, and kiddos felt it was too healthy.

So guess what? **** San Francisco food. I'm making wings. I'm making poutine.

For the wings I have air chilled organic pasture chicken wings. None of that meat bathed in a shitty "brine" after slaughter. Air frying those from frozen, tossed in a little olive oil, for like 25 minutes until fried "hard"

Then I'm hitting them with Aldi's "red hot" knockoff, infused with grass fed butter and various sauces i've fermented from peppers I grew this season - thai chilis, scotch bonnets, ghost, cayenne. Want it to be HOT but bearable. Making homemade bleu cheese dressing with my own mayo, bleu cheese, pepper, garlic, dill, onion and a little buttermilk.

Poutine? Mandolin cut fries from big ass baking potatoes, fried twice in peanut oil. Cajun rubbed cheese curds. Homemade gravy using some frozen truffle infused demi-glace i got from wildforkfoods delivered. Might throw some bacon and frozen peas in there too even though @Grimson called me Special person when I suggested this. If not, definitely a bunch of scallion for a little freshness.

That's it. wings, poutine. FOOTBALL

wut r u guys and gals cooking up for SUNDAY?

BEARS
Not to mention making sourdough bread is not a trivial process (even if it is delicious).

lennybrisco

Liked Posts:
Prepping with some home grown organic living soil buds. Probably Triple Scoop as it is pretty tasty in the vape after a 6 month cold cure.

Gochujang chicken sliders on brioche buns with pickled carrot, cuke and daikon slaw.

Zesty cheese Doritos (don't hate), spicy dill pickle kettle cooked potato chips for snacking and some local craft stouts or IPAs (maybe both?) to wash things down.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I will be sticking to the KISS(Keep It Simple Stupid) principle.

Most likely just guac and buffalo chicken dips. Thanks.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My wife subtlety pointed out that literally all of my pizza fixings are on sale literally everywhere, so I will not look a bargain tomato sauce in the mouth and do Pizza Sunday.

Maybe a shoutout to my South Side roots and attempt to imitate the "breakfast pizza" from Vito & Nick's.

I came across a dough recipe that uses beer I found intriguing and completely justifies me cracking open beers before noon.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see a predictions thread anywhere, so my optimism is at its peak rn. Shanarat Jr almost got out coached by Matt Nagy last year, I think the Bears win this one., especially if Kittle is out. Deebo gonna Deebo but our secondary is a lot more physical this year. Not so worried about the DL since the Armani Watts., that was a steal.

JF1 22/32 247 2TD
8 / 56
Def pick 6

Bears 27
Niners 13

For food, idk. Grill up some ribeyes probably.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Popsicles - wisdom tooth issues, waiting on surgery. I'm 45.
Brutal, hope your surgery goes well. When I got my wisdom teeth taken out in high school, they didn't use enough numbing medicine so I basically got all 4 teeth pulled with minimal numbing medication. I looked like I got the shit kicked out of me for a month afterwards lol.

As for the thread topic, I have to work so alas, I will probably just order some Dominoes cheesy bread and call it good. The whole 10 am kickoff time in the pacific time zone is still something I'm not totally used to.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
This week I’m gonna smoke some brats and a whole chicken. The wife is gonna be making a cheesy monkey bread. Need to go buy some beer.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
in honor of the 49ers getting smoked... filet mignon with bacon.... seared to perfection in mah cast iron with some smoke infused duck fat... seasoned right....then. glazed with an herbal butter n gunnahz top it off with some gold leaf

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I might make some turkey burgers for the wife and myself on Sunday. I already made a spicy chicken BBQ pizza(which is probably ofered by California Pizza Kitchen) at work today (BBQ sauce in place of tomato sauce, 3 spicy chicken breasts, mozzarella cheese, and sliced red onions).

Last edited:

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gonna try something other than grilled cheese which didn't work much last year.

Chicken thighs soaked in Italian SAUCE smothered with a variety of Italian spices.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
What would be Arlington Heights food specialties to make for Sunday's game?