**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Doubt it as that would be a fuck ton of guaranteed money to leave on table as well as bonuses GB would have a right to claw back.

If they didnt ask for any of the bonus back then they would have to it it which would royally fuck their cap @bamainatlanta
the Packers won’t ask for the money back.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
the Packers won’t ask for the money back.
Yes well the problem is that fucks them royally cap wise if they dont. He would have $40,313,568 in unallocated SB. So if the Packers sought the return of it then that is $40,313,568 in cap space generated. If they dont then that is 40,313,568 in dead cap.

The other thing is he gets $58.3 guaranteed next year as either salary or an option bonus so would be a lot of money to walk away from.

Maybe his witch girlfriend can convince hin the money is no biggie but if I am him the earliest I would retire is after 2023.

Last edited:

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Wouldn’t there be a huge cap hit if he retired with his new contract??

This sounds suspect.
I think over $60 M if not more and it compounds, it would be a massive middle finger to them if he did that. Would have been a one year all-in approach by the Packers.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
I think over $60 M if not more and it compounds, it would be a massive middle finger to them if he did that. Would have been a one year all-in approach by the Packers.
This would be a big f_you to the Packers. I actually think the cap hit would be closer to $70M

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
This would be a big f_you to the Packers. I actually think the cap hit would be closer to $70M

“As Tom Pelissero points out, Rodgers' dead cap hit following the 2023 season is a whopping $68.2 million. When the time comes that Rodgers does retire, the Green Bay Packers could very well find themselves in rebuild mode as they try to work themselves into a better place financially.”

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“As Tom Pelissero points out, Rodgers' dead cap hit following the 2023 season is a whopping $68.2 million. When the time comes that Rodgers does retire, the Green Bay Packers could very well find themselves in rebuild mode as they try to work themselves into a better place financially.”
And the bears will still be mediocre

czman

Liked Posts:
Rodgers is not retiring. That fool Is a drama queen. He is already setting up the narrative for next off season some can try to dominate the headlines again. Why are people falling for his act again?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are gonna draft DL with the high pick I’d wager
Based on the crappy run DEF, we may really need an elite 3T NT. You may be right, but we for sure need WRs. OL maybe in 2nd/3rd? IDK.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

No it wouldnt because Packers can insist he return the unearned SB and they would get cap relief. See post 2765 for the actual numbers.

A player can keep the SB if cut or traded but if they retire then they technically are violated the terms of the SB and the team can ask for any unallocated SB monry back.

This came up when Luck retired but the Colts decided not to ask for the SB back due to his retirement being due injury and the good relationship they had.

By contrast Lions made Barry Sanders return his SB when he retired as that split was contentious. Think they may have done so with CJ too but cant remwmber.

If Rodgers tried to fuck the Pack then I would ask for the 40.3m back if I were them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.