***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If the Bears pick Pedersan then who does he want to be his GM because usurally it goes the other way around where the boss hires his own coach but if they are interviewing Pedarson before he even has a boss to acturally do the interview seems like that is back ass-towards like literally flipped and inverted 180% opposite of what is supposed to be like and maybe they are giving Doug too much power?
That's how it is often done these days.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
maybe I was a little too harsh on Polian. I like these GM candidates. One of them, Kwesi Mensah, is very much an analytics guy. Never thought Polian would be out here recommending analytics guys.
Not sure I want a pure analytics guy who’s only 34 leading the team.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
What does an analytics guy do for a football team? Take a player's stats and measurements and then what?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If they do indeed hire a GM first, get a move on, because the coaching candidates they are requesting to interview are underwhelming.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Joe Lombardi.

If the Bears are going to take an offensive guy, I’d prefer one that has shown his worth, under a defensive head coach.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
If the Bears pick Pedersan then who does he want to be his GM because usurally it goes the other way around where the boss hires his own coach but if they are interviewing Pedarson before he even has a boss to acturally do the interview seems like that is back ass-towards like literally flipped and inverted 180% opposite of what is supposed to be like and maybe they are giving Doug too much power?
Well we will see.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
oh yea..I'm not saying that's who I want for sure. Personally I'm more of a Rick Smith guy. I just thought it was interesting that the Bears were interviewing pretty modern candidates.
What does an analytics guy do for a football team? Take a player's stats and measurements and then what?
Kinda like the Billy Beane of football. Someone who uses numbers to find value on players. Basically someone who uses numbers to justify actions and not just on gut feeling. Chargers coach is a guy who is too much into analytics...hence some of his decisions during football games make no sense, but he's just using math and numbers to make decisions. Idk if I would've gone for it on 4th down on my own 19 or wherever he was, but that was an analytics decision for him.