Official 53 released

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems odd to keep two fullbacks and only two TEs but maybe Poles is waiting for another vet TE to be cut?

Sucks they kept Shelley. They are in love with his speed apparently but he's not really a football player imo.

Happy Hicks made it and happy to see the last of Edwards.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kemeko Turay, DE who got waived by the 9ers, I can see him being brought in since he already knows the defense

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Seems odd to keep two fullbacks and only two TEs but maybe Poles is waiting for another vet TE to be cut?

Sucks they kept Shelley. They are in love with his speed apparently but he's not really a football player imo.

Happy Hicks made it and happy to see the last of Edwards.

Shelley plays in the fucking NFL lol. He’s a football player!! He’s not a good NFL player but he’s definitely an elite talent in the football world.

He’s on the roster for depth and special teams. Needed pieces on every team.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
That CB depth after the 1st 2 is probably among the league's worst.
I wish vildor and Shelley weren't retained, but I thought Lamar Jackson was decent contrary to @Briggs is GOAT thoughts. Also jaylon Jones has been decent. I'd like them to bring in a decent vet or 2 that can play outside.

Also for some reason I think Gordon will struggle a bit early on. Might see a lot of DHC/Cruickshank dropping down in nickel and dime packages.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish vildor and Shelley weren't retained, but I thought Lamar Jackson was decent contrary to @Briggs is GOAT thoughts. Also jaylon Jones has been decent. I'd like them to bring in a decent vet or 2 that can play outside.

Also for some reason I think Gordon will struggle a bit early on. Might see a lot of DHC/Cruickshank dropping down in nickel and dime packages.
Both of those have got to be on the thinnest of ice

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shelley plays in the fucking NFL lol. He’s a football player!! He’s not a good NFL player but he’s definitely an elite talent in the football world.

He’s on the roster for depth and special teams. Needed pieces on every team.
I politely disagree. To me he's a track star with elite measurables. Some guys like that thrive in the NFL but usually only if they play a niche role and aren't counted on to be every down players. Watching him fall down and leave a Browns receiver wide open for a td in the third preseason game did not inspire confidence that his coverage skills have improved.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking at the official depth chart it's interesting to see Jenkins listed as the backup RT to Reiff and there is a blank slot at starting RG. Borom is listed as backup LT.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Looking at the official depth chart it's interesting to see Jenkins listed as the backup RT to Reiff and there is a blank slot at starting RG. Borom is listed as backup LT.
Eberflus is already playing mind games with Shanny for week 1. Shanny gonna think the Bears aren’t starting a RT guard, but once he sees one lined up there, his game plan is ruined.