Official **B1G NCAA Basketball Thread** IOWA 2022 B1G Tournament Champions

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Juwan Howard just fired himself. Holy shit that was bad.
It's incredible how many people are excusing him and blaming Greg Gard.

Or bringing up Gard's timeout while ignoring the fact Howard was pressing Wisky's subs with UM's starters while down 16 points with 32 seconds to go.

Some people claim Wisconsin's bench "escalated it" after Gard tried shaking Howard's hand - which many describe as "grabbing him" or "instigating it".

I have also heard that Wisconsin players, plural, threw punches, though that did not happen in the clips I saw on TV, and I saw them 5 times.

I will look online to see if I can see it again, but I sure didn't see players throwing punches, nor has a single reporter discussing the incident made reference to any players throwing punches. The only discussion has been about Howard.

And of course race baiter Clay Travis tweeted that Howard would blame racism, which he has not done, while Damien Woody immediately came to Howard's defense. Some guys see everything as racial.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It's incredible how many people are excusing him and blaming Greg Gard.

Or bringing up Gard's timeout while ignoring the fact Howard was pressing Wisky's subs with UM's starters while down 16 points with 32 seconds to go.

Some people claim Wisconsin's bench "escalated it" after Gard tried shaking Howard's hand - which many describe as "grabbing him" or "instigating it".

I have also heard that Wisconsin players, plural, threw punches, though that did not happen in the clips I saw on TV, and I saw them 5 times.

I will look online to see if I can see it again, but I sure didn't see players throwing punches, nor has a single reporter discussing the incident made reference to any players throwing punches. The only discussion has been about Howard.

And of course race baiter Clay Travis tweeted that Howard would blame racism, which he has not done, while Damien Woody immediately came to Howard's defense. Some guys see everything as racial.
It looks to me like Howard started everything. He was the first to argue with Gard. And he was the first to throw a punch. Everything that happened after that was because of his actions and only his. I can't see how he isn't suspended the rest of the season at a minimum. Personally, I would fire him. A head coach throwing a punch unprovoked is a 1 strike offense IMO.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Howard should be fired tonight. But Michigan is probably too fearful of the "political fallout" of doing do.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
#5 Williams on Michigan threw a couple punches. Someone said Neath of Wisconsin did also. I didn't see that, but Williams was looking for another Malice in the Palace.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It looks to me like Howard started everything. He was the first to argue with Gard. And he was the first to throw a punch. Everything that happened after that was because of his actions and only his. I can't see how he isn't suspended the rest of the season at a minimum. Personally, I would fire him. A head coach throwing a punch unprovoked is a 1 strike offense IMO.
Unfortunately, I didn't read this correctly and I was going to post something different which would have been wrong.

So I'm going to change it up by saying this: let's not fire him until he goes after Fran McCaffrey. Sorry @Hawkeye.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, I didn't read this correctly and I was going to post something different which would have been wrong.

So I'm going to change it up by saying this: let's not fire him until he goes after Fran McCaffrey. Sorry @Hawkeye.
I haven't seen the video of the Michigan deal, but a friend texted me after it happened and said 'Geez and I thought Fran had a temper' lol

I can see how Fran would be an unlikeable guy to an outsider. I kinda like it but he does look like a tard most of the time

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I haven't seen the video of the Michigan deal, but a friend texted me after it happened and said 'Geez and I thought Fran had a temper' lol

I can see how Fran would be an unlikeable guy to an outsider. I kinda like it but he does look like a tard most of the time
I think we can all agree that Gregg Marshall is even worse than both of them.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think we can all agree that Gregg Marshall is even worse than both of them.
I am not sure about that. Let's call it a tie between Greg and Fran. But neither has assaulted to threatened the life of an opposing coach, So Juwan is worse.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it were an opposing player that he struck he would likely be gone. Rest or the season suspension would be my guess. Rest of the year a possibility but he will keep his job.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I am not sure about that. Let's call it a tie between Greg and Fran. But neither has assaulted to threatened the life of an opposing coach, So Juwan is worse.
Chicago Vocational, baby!

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Howard was in the wrong. He won't get fired but he will definitely be suspended

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The three players who threw punches each got a one game suspension.

Two years ago, when Illinois' Alan Griffin stepped (stomped?) on a player in a game, he got a two game suspension.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Fun Fact: Mark Few only served a one game regular season suspension for a DUI.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Juwan Howard should hang out with Deon Thomas and learn some manners.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Idk if Iowa does much damage in the tourney but they are fun to watch. Specifically Murray