Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does the Bears camp offense have 'almost touchdowns' or have those been replaced with 'almost field goal range' or even 'almost past midfield?'
They almost have all of those and more..

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
big defensive news was Artie Burns was the first team CB opposite Fuller. Lots of talk how he was a first round pick going around. Its the bears, they will go as far as the defense takes them.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Gimme a fucking break

joke
/jōk/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.

The word Joke used in a sentence...

"My post was a joke, but Hbkusso got all anus hurt..."

BEARS

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
joke
/jōk/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.

The word Joke used in a sentence...

"My post was a joke, but Hbkusso got all anus hurt..."

BEARS
My butts made of cast iron bro it cant be hurt

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't remember where I read or heard it, but word on the street is that the Bears are moving to an outside zone scheme? Anyone else hear this? And apparently that's why Patterson is going to be a RB this upcoming season.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
5 things we learned from the Bears’ 1st padded practice

1. New outside linebacker Robert Quinn was held out of team drills as the Bears slowly ramp up his activity.

Aside from the trade for quarterback Nick Foles, the Bears’ signing of Robert Quinn to a five-year, $70 million contract was one of the biggest moves of the offseason.

But watching Quinn at full speed with the starters will have to wait. He didn’t take reps during team drills because the Bears are easing him into practice after he dealt with a personal issue, Nagy said.

“He dealt with that, and now we’re kind of back to physically just making sure we’re smart in regard to how we handle him as a vet,” Nagy said. “He’s been playing this game for a long time, and we want to just make sure that we do it the right way.”

Also out was veteran defensive back Sherrick McManis, who suffered a minor shoulder injury. Nagy said the injury is “nothing to be worried about.”

2. Beyond the quarterback competition, the battles for starting cornerback and safety are important to watch.

As the Bears look to replace veteran cornerback Prince Amukamara, newcomer Artie Burns received a lot of the reps with the Bears starters. Nagy said Burns’ experience — the Steelers’ first-round pick in 2016 started 32 games in four seasons — put him in that spot to begin practice.

Nagy expects rookie Jaylon Johnson to see more first-team reps as training camp wears on. Johnson was the Bears’ second-round pick out of Utah, but faces a challenge preparing for his first NFL season with limited practice reps. Kevin Toliver, who enters his third season with the Bears, will also see reps in the competition.

“Every day might be a little bit different as we play more and more, and they start to get guys in there to get a feel for what they can do well and what they can’t do well,” Nagy said. “That’s a very important position that we need to get right, and only time will tell with reps.”

Deon Bush and Tashaun Gipson are vying to start at the safety spot occupied last season by Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

Gipson joined the Bears on a one-year deal in his ninth NFL season. Bush, who is entering his fifth season with the Bears, has been a reliable backup but could receive an opportunity to start more than two games for the first time since his rookie year. He nearly intercepted quarterback Mitch Trubisky’s pass to Allen Robinson during team drills, but couldn’t complete the play.

Safety Eddie Jackson said he is rooting for both Gipson and Bush, but also thinks Bush is showing his growth.

“Just from seeing him my rookie year to now, just how much he understands about defense now and just his playmaking ability is through the roof right now,” Jackson said. “When I first got here, he was kind of overthinking a lot of different things. Now you see he’s getting settled. He’s more relaxed. He’s more comfortable. He knows his stuff. He’s flying around. He’s having fun. I keep telling him just keep making plays.”

3. Cordarrelle Patterson worked with the running backs as the Bears look to maximize his contributions.

Nagy has spoken about the possibility of using Patterson at running back as well as wide receiver in an effort to up his production from 11 catches for 83 yards and 17 carries for 103 yards last season.

On Monday, Patterson, a seven-year NFL veteran, worked with the running backs group, which consists of just David Montgomery, Tarik Cohen, Ryan Nall and Artavis Pierce. Patterson had a career-high 42 carries for 228 yards in 2018 with the Patriots.

“It is different, just because there are different techniques that he’s going to learn, and I think between (running backs coach) Charles London and (pass game coordinator) Dave Ragone and the running backs in that room, it’s been a good room for him so far,” Nagy said. “We’ll see. I’m excited to see what he can do there. We want to be able to get the most out of him. He’s a very talented guy as you guys have seen in the past year. We just feel like when you have weapons like that you want to find ways to get him the ball.”

4. Matt Nagy is eager to see how his young players respond to mistakes as practices get more intense.

When rookie tight end Cole Kmet had a false start during team drills, his teammates chirped at him about it.

Nagy said he expected the Bears’ second-round pick to take the good-natured teasing in stride and looks forward to seeing how he moves on from such moments.

“Cole’s not going to be fazed by it,” Nagy said. “He’ll tell you, ‘Hey, I made a mistake. Next time I won’t jump offsides or I won’t false start.’ As a coach, one of the things we like to look for is not making the same mistake twice and being able to re-focus your attention to making a good play. I know that he’ll do that.”

5. The Bears are preparing to host 8 players for a tryout Wednesday, the most the NFL is allowing in a single day under COVID-19 rules.

The club listed quarterbacks Mason Fine, Kevin Hogan and Kyle Sloter along with former Notre Dame running back C.J. Prosise on the league’s personnel notice for Wednesday’s tryout. There are also three wide receivers listed: Austin Proehl, who played with Mitch Trubisky at North Carolina and is the son of former Bears wide receiver Ricky Proehl; and Rodney Adams and Jeff Badet.

Fine starred at North Texas last fall but went undrafted and is undersized, reportedly under 5-foot-11. Hogan was drafted by the Chiefs in 2016 and has spent time in Cleveland, Washington and Denver. He made one start for the Browns in 2017. Sloter was undrafted in 2017 and has spent time with Denver, Minnesota, Arizona and Detroit.

Seattle drafted Prosise in the third round in 2016. Each of his four seasons in the NFL has ended with injuries, suffering a broken arm in Week 16 last year. He’s proved to be a quality receiver out of the backfield and recently had a tryout with the Lions.

With rosters reduced by 10 to 80 this year during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Bears are likely doing their homework to see which players are available considering there will not be preseason film for the personnel staff to evaluate.

Reactions: DC

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
It makes sense, Patterson is getting paid too much money to play ST only, we need some depth at RB, and he is pretty far down the WR depth chart.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It makes sense, Patterson is getting paid too much money to play ST only, we need some depth at RB, and he is pretty far down the WR depth chart.
yeah, they said that about Hester too. Had to be a #1 receiver to make that 10 million a year.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, even if the was there, he would not have played on the first team since he is ramping up.

Word.

I would rather them be focusing on what they have behind Mack & Quinn than those two getting a bunch of reps anyhow.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Word.

I would rather them be focusing on what they have behind Mack & Quinn than those two getting a bunch of reps anyhow.
This. They just need enough reps to get into game shape and ready. Other than that send Mingo, Gipson, and Irving in there as much as possible.