CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Can't be too sure about this New York Giants team.

They are in a bit of a losing funk. This is the most dangerous time to play a team. They're gonna have to get out of that funk sooner or later

Hopefully it's not this week then. :smoke:

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping the Bears make a statement with this game. They totally dominated the Lions and still should have lost. They were outplayed by the Cowboys and the Packers and still found a way to win. I want to see them out-rush, out-pass, and generally outperform the Giants. They have the talent to do it. They just need to put it all together.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Looks like Chris Williams will be out again this week. Major Wright is still out as well...Garza is looking questionable.

For the Giants Manningham is okay, O'Hara looks like he'll miss the game.

Injury Report - Chicago Bears

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping the Bears make a statement with this game. They totally dominated the Lions and still should have lost. They were outplayed by the Cowboys and the Packers and still found a way to win. I want to see them out-rush, out-pass, and generally outperform the Giants. They have the talent to do it. They just need to put it all together.

The Cowboys outplayed the Bears? Really? Just because they put up a ton of passing yardage?

I dont think the Cowboys outplayed the Bears at all...The Packers I will agree with though.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Can't wait to see Major FINALLY playing.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Can't wait to see Major FINALLY playing.

Guy needs to get healthy. Seems to be our stereotypically safety thus far. Always injured. I'm anxious to see him play as well.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I'm a bit nervous about this game.. I dont want the "good" NYG team to show up

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm a bit nervous about this game.. I dont want the "good" NYG team to show up

I'm definitely not confident about this game, but more than I was with the Packers...Thats probably a tell tale sign that I shouldnt be confident lol. We'll have to wait and see though. Many are still predicting the Giants to win, so the Bears still dont have many believers, which hopefully motivates the team.

Here's one example:
Bears at Giants

Florio's take: Even before Tiki Barber provided some extra motivation by chiming in on the status of his former team and its head coach, this one had the feel of a correction game for both teams. The Bears (and their fans love it when I say this) should be 1-2, and the Giants can't afford to have their second embarrassment on national television in 14 days. Regardless of how the rest of the season unfolds, they'll pull it together like the Cowboys did in Week Three. And the Bears will emerge from the game still lucky to be 3-1.

Florio's pick: Giants 23, Bears 13.
PTF

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This game plan is simple...make Manning and the WRs beat you. Luckily, the Giants haven't been rushing the ball well...and Eli struggles holding on to the ball when he's hit in the pocket. Peppers has gotta be HUGE this game, and we gotta have someone that can hang with and tackle Mini-Boldin...aka Hakeem Nicks.

Running the ball would be nice...but our Offense is actually really similar to the Packers...instead of runs, we may throw 5-8 balls within 3 yards of the LOS. As long as Cutler remains accurate and cautious in those throws, they serve a similar purpose.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
That stadium looks insane!

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cowboys outplayed the Bears? Really? Just because they put up a ton of passing yardage?

I dont think the Cowboys outplayed the Bears at all...The Packers I will agree with though.

You're right. I meant statistically. They pretty much moved the ball at will against the Bears. But we all know how useful statistics are (not much). I also think they outplayed the Cowboys, but I want to see them dominate the Giants.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You're right. I meant statistically. They pretty much moved the ball at will against the Bears. But we all know how useful statistics are (not much). I also think they outplayed the Cowboys, but I want to see them dominate the Giants.

Yeah...thats why I laugh when people start saying this reminds them of 2006. In 2006 we dominated in the beginning of the season. We have yet to play a dominating game. The defense's best performance was against Detroit, but made it mute by allowing that final drive at the end of the game.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
wow...BIG Injury for the Giants.

According to the Mort Report, Mathias Kiwanuka ruled out for Sunday's game.

Not sure how to do the twitter link where just one post opens up...but, here's his tweeter feed.
Twitter

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Apparently a bulging disc in his neck...injury happened today.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So they'll be without one of their best pass rushers..Thats good for our OL and Cutler.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So they'll be without one of their best pass rushers..Thats good for our OL and Cutler.

That's an understatement. The team has 6 sacks...MK has 4 of them.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That's an understatement. The team has 6 sacks...MK has 4 of them.

More than our entire team. The Bears do really need to get some sacks..Only 2 so far this year...none in the last two games.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
More than our entire team. The Bears do really need to get some sacks..Only 2 so far this year...none in the last two games.

If the Packers wouldn't have held Peppers on nearly every single play he actually rushed, we'd have about 84 sacks...

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If the Packers wouldn't have held Peppers on nearly every single play he actually rushed, we'd have about 84 sacks...

haha! :yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.