Sacks
7037.jpg

Israel Idonije
6 Sacks

Interceptions
12429.jpg

DJ Moore
4 Interceptions, 1 Returned Touchdown

Fun Fact: The Bears are 7-0 when the defense gives up less than 100 yards rushing. 0-3 when they give up more than 100 yards rushing.​

Chicago Bears vs Philadelphia Eagles Recent History

2007: The Eagles host the Chicago Bears in this Week 7 matchup. Until late in the 4th quarter the game had been a field goal game with the Bears leading 12-9. With 4:57 left, Eagles QB Donovan McNabb thew a pass to Matt Schobel for a touchdown to go ahead 16-12. A few minutes later after an Eagles punt pinned the Bears at their own 3 yard line, Bears QB Brian Griese led a 97 yard drive that ended with a Muhsin Muhammad touchdown with 9 seconds left in the game. Griese led the drive with no timeouts and the mic in his helmet quit working, so he had little communication with the coaches. The win improved the Bears to 3-4 in the season.

2008: The Bears hosted the Eagles in this Sunday night early season matchup. The Bears came out on fire immediately scoring a touchdown on their first series. The Eagles would tie it up. Kyle Orton would throw 3 first half touchdowns and the Bears would have a 21-14 lead at halftime. The Eagles defense adjusted and the Bears offense did little in the second half. With a narrow 24-20 lead in the 4th quarter and the Eagles driving, the Bears defense held the Eagles out of the endzone on four straight plays from the goalline. The Bears then walked away with a narrow 24-20 win.

2009: The Bears again hosted the Eagles in another Sunday night matchup. The Eagles jumped out to a 10-0 lead in the 1st quarter. The Bears slowly cut the lead with field goals before taking a 12-10 lead in the 3rd quarter. McNabb and the Eagles struck back with a 48 yard touchdown pass to DeSean Jackson. The Bears responded on their next drive with a Jay Cutler TD pass to Kellen Davis and a two point conversion to take a 20-17 lead. Robbie Gould would miss a field goal to give the Bears a six point lead and McNabb and the Eagles drove the field and took the lead for good with a rushing touchdown by LeSean McCoy. Cutler would throw a game ending interception during the two-minute drill to end any comeback hope as the Bears fell 24-20 and their record fell to 4-6.

Watch the game online!
(ATDHE.Net - Watch Free Live Sports TV)

Rush will provide direct links when game day comes

CHI CITY SPORTS l #1 Chicago Sports Fan Message Board - Forum Rules register if you're a guest and dont have an account to post with!

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
the key is pressuring vick, obviously. The last two eagles games I watched he had all day to throw, or run... the Bears can't let that happen, or this is gonna be a long game

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Poll has been added.

Pre

Liked Posts:
The Bears need to keep Vick in the pocket and not let him escape. I'm confident about our ability to cover Maclin and Jackson deep. If we take away the deep crossing routes the Eagles like, Vick will try to run. Then Urlacher and Briggs will put the fear of God into him.

Bears - 24
Iggles - 17

Last edited:

DaleyBreed

Liked Posts:
Late hit, poke him in the eye,
let's win!

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
when he was with the falcons & played you bums yall injured him & after the game he said he overheard the D saying hit em low dont think he doesnt remember better hope he doesnt go redskins on yall bum ass

That is the philosophy I want the Bears to play with to be honest. Too many times I've seen the Bears defense help guys up, not take knockout shots, let WR's pass across the middle without a thump, etc.

In 2006, I guarantee you, if somebody had a knockout shot, they would have taken it.

Vick is good. However he's never done ANYTHING against the Bears and Urlacher worth noting. He's the hottest player in the NFL right now as far as how they are playing (not looks :bowrofl: ) and if he continues that trend vs us I will be the first to congratulate him. But up until this point, he hasn't shown me anything to be worried about while playing us. Im a big fan of Vick but not this week :)

Bears win a close one.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Using Vick's games against the Bears from 5 years ago isn't a great example for two reasons.

1. This Bears defense isn't as good as it was in 2005.

2. Vick is a better quarterback than he was in 2005.

The Eagles speed on the edges will give the Bears issues and we need to have a big game from Peppers because we can't afford to blitz Vick to get pressure.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Using Vick's games against the Bears from 5 years ago isn't a great example for two reasons.

1. This Bears defense isn't as good as it was in 2005.

2. Vick is a better quarterback than he was in 2005.

The Eagles speed on the edges will give the Bears issues and we need to have a big game from Peppers because we can't afford to blitz Vick to get pressure.

Vick is better...and also to add to that...Vick has better WRs in Philly than he ever did in Atlanta.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Bears 17
Eagles 10

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Big game for us... We are going to find out if the Bears belong in the discussion of the NFC's best after Sunday.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
I'm happy to see Vick doing so well. It's pretty inspiring and that's what sports is all about to me.

The Bears can beat the Eagles and any other team in the NFL. They cannot afford to make a single mistake. I think the defense will do pretty well. I'm mostly concerned with how the offense is going to handle an Eagles defense that made Eli Manning and the Giants look so inept. The O-line has been playing well the last 3 weeks and improving with every game. I didn't expect them to pull it together this season. I also like how Cutler seems to be taking a leadership role finally. He's mixing it up with the opposing players and running with the ball to get that first down. I'm also seeing him talk to guys after scoring TD's and checking on guys that get hurt which he never did before.

This is the best time to play the Eagles. The Bears are healthy, confident and believe in themselves.

This is their first real test. If they beat the Eagles then it should silence all doubters. Same with the Packers. I think they have an even more formidable opponent in the Falcons. I think all the "experts" drank too much of the Kool-Aid and are totally over-rating Green Bay. Their last two games were played against teams that stopped playing because they wanted a new head coach. I watched them play the Cowboys and Vikings and those teams weren't just making mistakes they were intentionally losing.

So, when the dust settles we'll see which team is the real division leader. There's still a lot of games left I know but I think the picture will be much clearer after Sunday. Or they could both lose and the NFC North could look like a non-factor.

I played free safety in little league and High School. I always wanted to hit people as hard as I could. I wanted them to think twice about catching or holding on to the ball when I was around. Football is physical but a lot of it is mental too.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel out vs Bears
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Eagles Pro Bowl cornerback Asante Samuel(notes) won’t play against the Chicago Bears on Sunday because of a knee injury.

The team announced Saturday that Samuel wasn’t making the trip to Chicago. He injured his knee while recovering a fumble in a 27-17 win over the New York Giants.

Samuel missed one game earlier this season with a concussion. He leads the NFL with seven interceptions, including four against the Manning brothers.

Nickel back Joselio Hanson(notes) will start in his place, and rookie Trevard Lindley(notes) would assume Hanson’s role as the No. 3.

The NFC-East leading Eagles (7-3) have a quick turnaround after playing the Bears (7-3). They host Houston on Thursday night.

Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel out vs Bears - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That will help a lot.

I agree...cause I figure he'd be the guy Cutler would throw numerous interceptions to. Kinda like Rex Grossman did in 2006.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Good to see, that will definitely ease the difficulty a little bit.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Excellent!