Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
WTF Eagles..you lost..take it.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
Good day. Bears win. Packers lose. Bears have proved they can beat good team.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Once again.....Bears win. Im not really surprised. Media hyped Vick way too much and he blew it.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So couple of things went against the trend for us...

-Defense had been undefeated this year when giving up less than 100 yards rushing...all 7 wins occured that way for us...Eagles had 105 yards rushing

-Defense hadnt allowed an opposing quarterback to throw more than 1 passing touchdown in a game...Of course if Celek doesnt somehow catch that TD pass with 4 defenders around him, this stays true, but because Celek did, this trend breaks.

That said, the defense while of course performing greatly, if we didnt have our offensive production, we dont win this game in my opinion. Defense was very bend but dont break in this game and if we didnt have the offensive production, Philly's field goals would have beat us. But Cutler was spot on (Had 4 touchdowns after only completing 7 throws) our WRs did great by creating running room and making guys miss and Forte had a great game with two huge runs that really got drives going for us.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
That said, the defense while of course performing greatly, if we didnt have our offensive production, we dont win this game in my opinion. Defense was very bend but dont break in this game and if we didnt have the offensive production, Philly's field goals would have beat us. But Cutler was spot on (Had 4 touchdowns after only completing 7 throws) our WRs did great by creating running room and making guys miss and Forte had a great game with two huge runs that really got drives going for us.

Well....of course if we don't score any points on offense, we lose. :nelson:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well....of course if we don't score any points on offense, we lose. :nelson:

Haha...while I'm sure you understand my true point..If we put up our usual point totals on the year (less than 20 ppg) then we werent going to win this game.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
holy wow...what a weekend for Chicago Sports.

BearMan2010

Liked Posts:
Micheal Vick , Who ? Da BEARS don't give a flying F*CK about Vick !
" NEXT " !:bearbang::crazydance:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler's four TD passes marked the 12th time in history that a Bears QB had done that, but he's part of a select few that have done it more than once for Chicago.
HTML:
Player     4-TD games     Seasons
Jay Cutler     3     2009-10
Billy Wade     3     1961-66
Erik Kramer    2     1994-98
-- Source: ESPN Stats and Information

Hmm Cutler's showing his value to this franchise in regard to their crappy QBs they've had for years.

JTalarico328

Liked Posts:
I was at the game tonight...what an excellent win!

Cutler was very impressive in his biggest game as a Chicago Bear. He had a swagger today from the first snap to the final kneel down. That's a good sign as we head down the home stretch.

Random thought: I expected a bit more from the Soldier Field crowd today. Things picked up in the 2nd half but the usually intense pregame atmosphere was nonexistent.

My last Bears game was the NFC Championship so maybe I'm making unfair comparisons.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Watching all the way from a dimly-lit sports bar in North Carolina, it sounded like things were insane at Soldier Field. Especially when Peppers tripped Vick from behind to force 4th down.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was at the game tonight...what an excellent win!

Cutler was very impressive in his biggest game as a Chicago Bear. He had a swagger today from the first snap to the final kneel down. That's a good sign as we head down the home stretch.

Random thought: I expected a bit more from the Soldier Field crowd today. Things picked up in the 2nd half but the usually intense pregame atmosphere was nonexistent.

My last Bears game was the NFC Championship so maybe I'm making unfair comparisons.

I would say that's an unfair comparison.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUB8mUBU99E]YouTube - Julius Peppers Big Sack on Michael Vick 11.28.10[/ame]

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
Once again.....Bears win. Im not really surprised. Media hyped Vick way too much and he blew it.

lol, yea the brand new ''pocket QB'' who can run, I'm not saying Vick is just hype, he's definitely worked on his game in philly but these ESPN hype-mongers are just overdoing it, I mean i've had people tell me that the best QB in the NFL was Vick, literally ,lol...

IronMike

Liked Posts:
I don't know if he's that over-rated. If he's not THE best he's one of them. What other QB's are playing at a high level like that? Philip Rivers, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan?

What I think is the Bears defense is THAT good right now. The front 4 being able to put that much pressure on a QB is impressive. The Bears didn't blitz a lot. Once the Eagles became one-dimensional Urlacher and Briggs were able to drop back in coverage. With that many guys in coverage the safeties can play deep like they did and take away the big play threat.

The Bears aren't playing as well as they can yet either I don't think. The offense has basically just played their 4th game together. It's all starting to click between Cutler, the o-line, receivers and Martz. They were confused on a couple of plays but overall they look like they're starting to gel. If the Bears eliminated the mistakes and improve on how they played yesterday I honestly think they can beat any team in the league. I don't believe in the Jets and the Patriots have allowed teams to play close all season. The Bills should have beaten Pittsburgh if their best receiver doesn't drop the winning TD and Baltimore, not sure. The Saints are getting dangerous right now too but they aren't anywhere near as dominant as they were last season.

The Colts are done and I'm lovin' that.

The Bears are not who I thought they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.