Official Chicago Bulls Coaching Thread

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
From an anonymous source from within the Tom Izzo camp, I have been informed that Tom Izzo will be interviewing today for the Chicago Bulls head coaching vacancy.

read more Link

speechless-smiley-003.gif

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
oh snap.....

imagine if he left MSU...lol who is supposed to be a top 3 team next year

the fall out would be crazy

plus has Izzo ever coached in the pros..i mean he is a GREAT college coach but i want to see how he does in the NBA

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
no he has never coach in the nba, but i would love him as our coach.

he always get the best out of his players and i can be debatable that he is the best college coach.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dont know how i feel on this one. I thought they wanted someone with NBA head coaching and playoff experience? Who knows how he can translate his coaching into the pros? Its interesting but i would go in a different direction with a team who is in a position to win now with this FA class.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
well, gar did say that he we will take our time and explore all the possibilities to add a coach. i think izzo is a very well respected coach threw out the nba world and he could be attractive to potential FA wanting to come here.

Fredsmooth21

Liked Posts:
that's the point, he's probably not. The link to the bullshome doesn't seem like it's something legit. It just said 'a source'. Hell anyone could write that and say a source. We heard the same 'source' stuff that Phil Jackson would be open to coming back to the bulls and we all saw how that turned out.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
that's the point, he's probably not. The link to the bullshome doesn't seem like it's something legit. It just said 'a source'. Hell anyone could write that and say a source. We heard the same 'source' stuff that Phil Jackson would be open to coming back to the bulls and we all saw how that turned out.

yea thats why i was thinking it was a rumor not 100% true

and i guess i could see why izzo would explore his options especially a job like the bulls with the 2010 FA class

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Hmmm this would be an interesting hire, but would he be willing to leave MSU where he is a legend??

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
I'd love it if we hired him. Best coach in college basketball IMO and I think he'd make a terrific NBA coach.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
this would be awesome. Izzo is one of the best in College and does it the right way.

TeamToews

Izzo is definitely a Midwest guy and the Bulls are probably one of the few teams he'd go even consider leaving MSU for. I'm wondering if the Bulls would pay up for him though??

Izzo would be fantastic in the NBA, he just has to realize that getting in the faces of NBA players and screaming as hard as he can isn't going to be taken well. So I hope if he does go to the NBA, he leaves that part at MSU. Other than that, I love him.

Manticore

Liked Posts:
I just "ran" into him at the Art Festival last weekend in Lansing.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
Bulls interviewing Kevin McHale?

The search for the Chicago Bulls' next head coach has taken on some gravity since whoever it is could be part of the lure for soon-to-be free agent LeBron James(notes).
Kevin McHale told reporters on a conference call Tuesday that he expects to be interviewed for the job, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.
"We've had some just primary discussions and I've talked to both (Bulls general manager) Gar (Forman) and (Bulls executive vice president - basketball operations John) Pax (Paxson) a little bit," McHale said. "So, I mean, we'll see where it goes from there."
The 52-year-old former Boston Celtics great led the Minnesota Timberwolves to a 39-55 record in two stints as coach.

Link

i would prefer not to have him as our coach.
2q9mb7r.jpg

BTW: i think we should make a Official Bulls Coaching Search Thread, try and keep all this new news coming out in order.