Official Chicago White Sox 2011-2012 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Post all offseason news, articles, rumors and general thoughts in here.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Christmas offseason wish: KW is fired.

That's all, thank you.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ozzie too?

If they fire KW, they can fire Ozzie. I'm "meh" about firing Ozzie. Yes, he has done a poor job in the past 2 years with this team, but honestly, "this" team isn't the team he likes to manage. KW has fucked him at every trade in the past 3 years.

But I can understand the rage and uproar to fire Ozzie. He hasn't done a great job the past 2 years, no doubt about it. Personally, I believe a big reason for that is the players that KW has given him.

Regardless, I will only be satisfied if KW is gone.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they fire KW, they can fire Ozzie. I'm "meh" about firing Ozzie. Yes, he has done a poor job in the past 2 years with this team, but honestly, "this" team isn't the team he likes to manage. KW has fucked him at every trade in the past 3 years.

But I can understand the rage and uproar to fire Ozzie. He hasn't done a great job the past 2 years, no doubt about it. Personally, I believe a big reason for that is the players that KW has given him.

Regardless, I will only be satisfied if KW is gone.

In my opinion, you have it backwords. I hope they'll both be fired, but most likely it will just be Ozzie and the coaching staff.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ozzie Guillen has ‘painful conversation’ with Jerry Reinsdorf

Ozzie Guillen met with White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf on Monday to discuss his future, but according to the outspoken manager, it didn’t go well.

“I just told him how I feel,” said Guillen, who is in the final year of his contract and looking for an extension. “I don’t want to come back here without a contract. It was a painful conversation.”

Guillen, who has spent all eight of his managerial years with the White Sox, was due to make about $2 million next season.

“[Expletive]” more years, I want more money,” Guillen said. “Life is about money. People are happy when they make a lot of money.

“I give them a lot of headaches. Maybe more headaches than satisfaction. But I think I did some good things, too.”

In just his second season, Guillen was named AL Manager of the Year in 2005 when the White Sox won the World Series.

“It won’t be comfortable for anyone for me to come back here [with the current deal].” he said.

Guillen later added: “Things will have to change. My wife will have to shop less, I will have to drink less, Oney will have to get a job.”

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
One clown gone. Walker, Rios, Pierre next. Please.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
*Official White Sox 2012 Offseason Thread*

:smoke:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Re-signing Buehrle has to be priority one for the Sox, as well as trading CQ for pitching :smoke:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Re-signing Buehrle has to be priority one for the Sox, as well as trading CQ for pitching :smoke:

idk how much value CQ has anymore, honestly.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets

Buehrle is going to want too much money for too many years I'm guessing. Would I love him back? Sure. But I don;t see it happening.

I wonder if the Sox could still get Beachy from Atlanta. Maybe throw in Floyd with Quentin?

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
When I saw 2011 offseason I figured it was for 2010-2011 winter....

Status
Not open for further replies.