Liked Posts:
i went this morning....did ok

i got a birdie on one hole:yeah:

my driving still kinda sucks...but mid range/approach game is really good

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really gotta stop looking at disc stores online. My wishlist is getting bigger and bigger.

-First off, I need a bigger bag. Have a 10-12 disc bag right now, but it's pretty tiny, and no pockets.
-172 G Innova Champion Valkyrie- Hear a lot about Valkyrie's, never threw one though.
-150 G Innova Star Sidewinder- The glide on this is pretty big
-175 G Innova Champion Leopard- Still wanting to try out more and more mid-range discs.
-166 G Discraft FLX ESP Avenger SS- Really want this super-straight disc.
-173 G Discraft Ti Buzzz- Since the mailman taco'd mine, I would like another
-173 G Discraft Ti Stalker- Love the Ti plastic
-171 G Discraft Elite Z Nuke SS- love my normal Nuke. Want to try the SS.
-145 G Innova Blizzard Champion Boss- set the distance record, why not have one?
-175 G MVP Anode Proton- seems like these MVP putters are the ones to have

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really gotta stop looking at disc stores online. My wishlist is getting bigger and bigger.

-First off, I need a bigger bag. Have a 10-12 disc bag right now, but it's pretty tiny, and no pockets.
-172 G Innova Champion Valkyrie- Hear a lot about Valkyrie's, never threw one though. I like the valkyrie i learned the game on a few, moved on but still a good disc.
-150 G Innova Star Sidewinder- The glide on this is pretty bigI have never thrown one, my buddy loves his.
-175 G Innova Champion Leopard- Still wanting to try out more and more mid-range discs.If i was ever to buy a Innova middy it would probably be a Coyote
-166 G Discraft FLX ESP Avenger SS- Really want this super-straight disc.Never thrown one dont know anyone who does :confused:
-173 G Discraft Ti Buzzz- Since the mailman taco'd mine, I would like another I do enjoy mine, still getting the touch down though.
-173 G Discraft Ti Stalker- Love the Ti plastic Just bought one of these last week, working out the kinks but loving this disc, highly recommend
-171 G Discraft Elite Z Nuke SS- love my normal Nuke. Want to try the SS. I have all three types of Nukes my favorite one is the regular one.
-145 G Innova Blizzard Champion Boss- set the distance record, why not have one? Have one, like it, but very touchy slight mistake and its going no where. If you have a good release it will fly forever.
-175 G MVP Anode Proton- seems like these MVP putters are the ones to have
Never heard of them.

The new course they put in a couple blocks from my house is awesome. Also private so i bought a membership. Its pretty fucking cool and quickly moving up my list of favorite places to play.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I subscribe to r/discgolf on reddit and it seems like any time someone talks about putters they talk about the MVP putters. Also the Latitude 64 River, which is a driver. I don't want to stray too far away from Discraft and Innova brand discs though, so I'll probably stick with my Focus putter.

And I highly recommend a San Marino Star Roc from Innova for a midrange. That is my go to disc.

And I remember you asking about a roller a while back Ivy. The Discraft Flick is a very good roller. I use it for tomahawks a lot.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
I subscribe to r/discgolf on reddit and it seems like any time someone talks about putters they talk about the MVP putters. Also the Latitude 64 River, which is a driver. I don't want to stray too far away from Discraft and Innova brand discs though, so I'll probably stick with my Focus putter.

And I highly recommend a San Marino Star Roc from Innova for a midrange. That is my go to disc.

And I remember you asking about a roller a while back Ivy. The Discraft Flick is a very good roller. I use it for tomahawks a lot.

I was thinking about getting one of these. I need to buy another Champion Boss lost my 4th one had a backup already but i need a backup to that one. I am due for a free disc at my local store so i think that is going to be the Flick.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
when i play, i just use a driver:shrug:

but i'm not a hard core player...we found a disk this one guy lost and he gave us 20 bucks and had a bunch of hardcore disk gear...definitely not that kind of player

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was thinking about getting one of these. I need to buy another Champion Boss lost my 4th one had a backup already but i need a backup to that one. I am due for a free disc at my local store so i think that is going to be the Flick.

I bought it on the name alone. When I hear "Flick" I automatically think "ok this is going to be a great forehand disc" But it's actually really terrible for anything but rollers and thumbers. This disc will flip vertically almost instantly and nosedive into the ground. I consider myself a pretty good forehand thrower, but I can't do anything with this disc except rolling it.

My next disc will be a Innova Star Mako. 4 Speed, 5 Glide, 0 Turn and 0 Fade. :fap:

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
when i play, i just use a driver:shrug:

but i'm not a hard core player...we found a disk this one guy lost and he gave us 20 bucks and had a bunch of hardcore disk gear...definitely not that kind of player

take the $20 and go buy a Discraft Z Buzzz or a Innova Star Mako. Those two are mid range discs and they fly really straight if you release it flat. Take the left over $5 and buy some A&W Cream Soda and go throw! :elephant:

Throw that disc for everything but driving and you'll get better in no time.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i might go play 2morro...there's a course near my friend's house that's tough as hell because it's bound by forest

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I still don't understand why there is not a bigger merging of Ultimate Frisbee and Disc Golf.. It would create one awesome new sport.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I still don't understand why there is not a bigger merging of Ultimate Frisbee and Disc Golf.. It would create one awesome new sport.

that would be sweet

like a disc golf version of foursome

Last edited:

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:

Both are awesome in their own way, but i really dont see how they could be merged. You cant catch a driver thrown at full speed that will fuck you up. How do you think you can merge them? I am curious to what ideas you have?

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understood it as instead of Ultimate Frisbee being like frisbee football (to score you catch the frisbee in a designated area right?), add baskets as goals at each side of the field. Play with a soft putter or a Pro D Buzzz. Would there be a goalie? If so he wears one padded glove to catch the high speeds shots on goal. One basket would be too small and easily coverable, so maybe three baskets side by side. Frisbee Quidditch :lol:

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going on a road trip from August 2-11 down south. Gonna hit some courses in Tennessee, South Carolina, Florida and probably some other states. Also going to stop by Cloud 9 Disc Golf in Nashville, Tennessee to buy some new plastic.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Going on a road trip from August 2-11 down south. Gonna hit some courses in Tennessee, South Carolina, Florida and probably some other states. Also going to stop by Cloud 9 Disc Golf in Nashville, Tennessee to buy some new plastic.

Review the courses you play so incase I ever make it down to that region I know where to hit. My course down the street put the other 9 in and they did a great job. I hope the sport continues to grow you are starting to see courses everywhere now. There are a ton in the Twin Cities, I didnt get to any when I was there the other week. (Had to get back to Des Moines) I want to head back up there one of the top rated courses in the country is there.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
If anybody ever finds themselves in St. Elmo, Illinois, do not go to their disc golf course. Worst course in existence.

Here's their disc course review page http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2660

Things that happened:
1. Should have worn jeans, even in this hot weather. By hole 14 I picked 5 ticks off my legs.
2. On hole 13 I was almost attacked my a Chupacabra or a Velociraptor in a big patch of trees in the middle of a field. Couldn't see the beast, but I heard it growl at me.
3. Biggest workout on a course I ever had. So many hills, steep ones. So many weeds, trees, shrubs, and brush on every single hole. Worst kept course ever.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If anybody ever finds themselves in St. Elmo, Illinois, do not go to their disc golf course. Worst course in existence.

Here's their disc course review page http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2660

Things that happened:
1. Should have worn jeans, even in this hot weather. By hole 14 I picked 5 ticks off my legs.
2. On hole 13 I was almost attacked my a Chupacabra or a Velociraptor in a big patch of trees in the middle of a field. Couldn't see the beast, but I heard it growl at me.
3. Biggest workout on a course I ever had. So many hills, steep ones. So many weeds, trees, shrubs, and brush on every single hole. Worst kept course ever.

Is that why there was a picture of you in a stream on facebook :gary:

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that why there was a picture of you in a stream on facebook :gary:

:yep:

2NmGF.jpg

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
I am sick of this heat, I havent been out in ages! I got the itch fellas. I throw at my basket but after one trip im sweaty as hell and ready to be done.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just got back inside from throwing my 12 discs at my practice basket. Threw 3 sets and I'm drenched in sweat.

I'm curious how hot this August/September will be. Last year it was consistent 97 most days in my college town of Charleston and it sucked to play in.