***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears @ Lions (Football is back!)

Who wins?

• Total voters

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Fans always talk about their team having lost X number of games by seven points or less as though they don’t realize that the vast majority of NFL games are seven points or less

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Fans always talk about their team having lost X number of games by seven points or less as though they don’t realize that the vast majority of NFL games are seven points or less
Meh, In the last 20 years, 46.12% of all regular season games were decided by 7 points or less, and 23.59% of games were decided by 3 points

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

I was just reading yesterday that the most common score in NFL history is 20-17.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I was just reading yesterday that the most common score in NFL history is 20-17.
since 2002 418 games has been decided by 3 points.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
FUCK YES!
i'm still drunk/hungover or maybe i didn't sleep enough, fuck it!! i gotta watch the game twice and drink again right now! @BearDen

Madden

Liked Posts:
Props to Mitch, he came through in the clutch after looking shitty for most of the game. The biggest positive for me was the O-line, we we're running at will with all of our RB's. That was a HUGE improvement from last year and will allow us to keep a sense of balance and unpredictability on offense if they can keep it up. It should also help people get open with playaction.

Nagy still gets too cute sometimes, like when it was 1st and goal and we have Mitch passing it on a rollout. Yeah he hit Wims for a TD but I still think it was a dumb risky call. Mitch was almost picked at the goalline earlier when he couldn't loft it over someone. It felt like Nagy just wanted to pad Mitch's stats there. Just lineup Montgomery and pound it in, especially since we were averaging 5.3 YPC and it was only first down on the 1 yard line.

Liked how we got Patterson a few runs early. If we can give him 5 rushes a game minimum that would be ideal. 15 runs for Montgomery, 10 for Cohen, and 5 for Patterson should be Nagy's goal every week. 30 rushes will ensure a good pass/run balance every game.

Mooney looked quick with good acceleration, he can be a real weapon I think. Get him the ball more.

Trevathan looked slow in coverage, hopefully it's not a Kyle Long situation where we kept a guy purely on name, even though he was obviously older, slower, and shitty. We also have no depth behind him and Roquan so that could be an issue at some point. Wish we still had Kwitkowski on the team.

All in all a pretty awesome game, but let's not forget the Lions absolutely blew it and we came really close to losing to a shitty team. Without their missed FG, Stafford's INT, and the dropped game winning catch, we absolutely would have lost. Mitch has to be more consistent throughout the entire game if we're gonna beat good teams. There were still a lot of early throws that were behind WR's by a good amount.

I will take it though, Bear the fuck down, 16-0 Super Bowlllll

Last edited:
Reactions: DC

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Bears play the Giants next who will be on a short week since they playing Monday night,

Got to start off 2-0. MUST WIN VS GIANTS. Got to beat the teams you are supposed to beat...

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had the best morning. Got the kids off to school, had a fantastic BM and now just read this whole thread with a delicious cup of coffee.

Welcome back, NFL!

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
one last
79821004.jpg

and bookmarked. lmao.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Just watched the game again, this whole narrative that Trubisky sucked for three quarters is pretty much bull.

The Bears only had two possessions in third quarter only - one died on a bunch of called run plays, the other actually leads to a TD for the Bears with some great throws by 10. On balance, he had a good half - not just a few lucky plays in the 4th.

In contrast, I watched the Steelers v Giants - both QB's struggled but Daniel Jones was pretty horrible - yet the narrative was he needs weapons, he needs time to develop, not that he sucks. In fact, he seems to have got better media coverage after choking than Mitch gets for pulling one out the bag!!

Strange world!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Extending Trevaithon, signing Patterson, signing Graham, extending Massie...

these things reek of general mismanagement.

having to pay back-up QB's 15 million every year.

I guess Foles is like the Last Jedi now and our only hope to make Mack/Quinn worth while.

Gotta give Trubisky a few games for the team to work out these issues together, but if their seats are hot look out. Probably 4 quarters left of the Mitch experiment.
was off by 2.5 quarters, later I predicted Mitch would be back when Foles couldn't survive a line Trubs mobility was hiding, and wouldn't last the season getting hit like we saw early.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I w
Trevaithon, Raquan Smith, Graham, Patterson, Massie, RRH, Leno, Trubisky, Cohen, Pace, Nagy, Pagano.

This is my fire, release, or trade list to get done before week 2. Rip the band-aid off, start searching for solutions, eliminate cancer, and suck for Lawrence.

As insane and absurd as it might sound, its actually the way forward.

I'd put Foles on IR with turf toe or Covid privacy statement and play Bray, let Foles play next year to sit Lawrence one year behind an intelligent veteran.
I was taking heat for my trade Roquan hot take 2 years ago.

Right again bitches. And I told you he would hold out, demand more than he’s worth, and end up on a franchise tag at best if he didn’t get hurt.