***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears vs Vikings (2 Hot 4 Instagram Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
index.php

Screenshot_2019-09-27 Injury Report The Official Website of the Chicago Bears.png
Screenshot_2019-09-27 Injury Report The Official Website of the Chicago Bears(1).png
Screenshot_2019-09-12 Injury Report The Official Website of the Chicago Bears(2).png

DALVIN COOK vs KHALIL MACK/LEONARD FLOYD

The Vikings are the top ranked outside rushing offense with more runs called to the left (20) and to the right (16) than any other team this season. The problem is that teams haven’t even really tried to run on the edges against the Bears’ Khalil Mack and Leonard Floyd. In Chicago’s three games, they’ve allowed just seven yards on 11 edge runs. Cook is the NFL's current leading rusher with the Vikings having the second highest ranked rushing attack through three weeks, but the Bears boast the fifth best run defense in the league. Which will give first...the unstoppable force or the unmovable object?

LINVAL JOHNSON vs KYLE "NOT SO" LONG
Chicago's offensive line has been far from consistent and much of that may have to do with the aging Long looking about as inconsistent as he has ever been in his NFL career. After offseason surgery, Johnson is looking back to form with two sacks and ten tackles with four of them for a loss of yards. Can Kyle Long also regain his youth and keep a clean pocket for his quarterback or will Johnson's season continue to reek havoc on opposing interior linemen?

VIKINGS RECEIVERS vs BEARS SECONDARY

After just putting yet another receiver on IR...the Vikings ended Sunday's game against the Raiders with three active receivers. The desperate Vikings have even recently re-signed former first round pick Laquon Treadwell to have some sort of depth behind Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen. Diggs currently has only six catches in three games while Thielen seems to dominate against every opponent other than Chicago. With all of the Bears focus on the Vikings top rushing attack...can Kirk Cousins get a dismal receiving group out of the passing game's collective funk?

The Vikings have the eight highest ranked red zone efficiency after three weeks, but it comes with no thanks to their quarterback. Vikings' OC Kevin Stefanski called eleven run plays to only one pass play in the red zone during last Sunday's win over the Raiders. On the season, the Vikings have run for six touchdowns on nine drives in the redzone, but Kirk Cousins only has one completed pass in five attempts during that time...with a game sealing interception also being one of those five attempts.
index.php

BearsOpponents
Total First Downs5565
1st Downs (Rush-Pass-By Penalty)12 - 32 - 118 - 49 - 8
3rd Down Conversions14/398/35
4th Down Conversions1/35/6
Total Offensive Yds825941
Offense (Plays-Avg Yds)179 - 4.6201 - 4.7
Total Rushing Yds289206
Rushing (Plays-Avg Yards)68 - 4.367 - 3.1
Total Passing Yds536735
Passing (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)67 - 103 - 2 - 5.683 - 123 - 4 - 6.7
Sacks118
Field Goals5/64/5
Touchdowns54
(Rush-Pass-Ret-Def)1 - 3 - 0 - 10 - 4 - 0 - 0
Time of Possession29:1130:48
Turnover Ratio
+4​

PASSING
Dear Sweet Mitchell

i

ATTCOMPYDSCP %YDS/ATTTDINTLONGSACKRATE

RECEIVING
Allen Robinson

i

RECEPTIONSYARDSYDS PER RECLONGTD

RUSHING
David Montgomery

i

ATTEMPTSYARDSYDS PER ATTLONGTD

index.php

TACKLES
Danny Trevathan

i

COMBINEDSOLOASSTTFLQB HITS

INTERCEPTIONS
Kyle Fuller

i

INTSYARDSTDSLONGPASS DEFLECT

SACKS
Khalil Mack

i

PLAYERSACKS
Khalil Mack3.0
Leonard Floyd2.0
Nick Williams2.0
Roy Robertson-Harris1.0
Akiem Hicks1.0
Aaron Lynch1.0
Danny Trevathan1.0
TOTAL TEAM SACKS11.0

OUTLETRANKLINK
NBC9
NFL8
USA Today15https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/rankings/
ESPN14
CBS13https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-4-power-rankings-bills-are-climbing-as-date-with-top-ranked-patriots-looms/

This week we're giving away a Bears shirt to all of our current members. If you're not already a member it's quick and easy to sign up, click on the "Register Now" button below. Join the conversation and make sure you get in on your chance to win these awesome prizes!

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is my lock of the week: Minnesota blows out the Bears. They’ve blown out teams with far better QBs than Trubisky. Curt Cousins goes off and proves that he can finally win a big game and Trubisky commits 5 turnovers against that great Vikings defense.

Vikings 38-17

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
CRM 114 is a Vikings fan?
He's just a dumbass.

Until Cousins can prove he can beat a winning team, only a dope would back that loser. Mitch beat the Vikings twice last year, and the second time IN Minnesota with convincing fashion.

Probably won't be a pretty win, but I gotta pick the Bears until Cousins proves he can beat a winning team. Even then, will this be his 5th victory against a winning team, if he pulls it off? 84 million for that?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's just a dumbass.

Until Cousins can prove he can beat a winning team, only a dope would back that loser. Mitch beat the Vikings twice last year, and the second time IN Minnesota with convincing fashion.

Probably won't be a pretty win, but I gotta pick the Bears until Cousins proves he can beat a winning team. Even then, will this be his 5th victory against a winning team, if he pulls it off? 84 million for that?

That was then this is now.
When are you guys gonna figure out that tribar / @CRM 114 only exists to rile you up?

Huh? I’m here to talk football not “rile anyone up”.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's just a dumbass.

You mean Mitch just happened to be on the team that beat the Vikings twice.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Mack and Floyd are stout at setting edge against outside run. There will be a lot of opportunity for the DE's to ruin Cooks day if they can shed and penetrate. Expect to see Hicks and RRH get a few tackles in the backfield/blindsiding the RB from his cutback lane.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I firmly expect the bears will stuff the run, pressure Cousins, and win a low scoring game

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Vikings are the top ranked outside rushing offense with more runs called to the left (20) and to the right (16) than any other team this season. The problem is that teams haven’t even really tried to run on the edges against the Bears’ Khalil Mack and Leonard Floyd. In Chicago’s three games, they’ve allowed just seven yards on 11 edge runs. Cook is the NFL's current leading rusher with the Vikings having the second highest ranked rushing attack through three weeks, but the Bears boast the fifth best run defense in the league. Which will give first...the unstoppable force or the unmovable object?

LINVAL JOHNSON vs KYLE "NOT SO" LONG
Chicago's offensive line has been far from consistent and much of that may have to do with the aging Long looking about as inconsistent as he has ever been in his NFL career. After offseason surgery, Johnson is looking back to form with two sacks and ten tackles with four of them for a loss of yards. Can Kyle Long also regain his youth and keep a clean pocket for his quarterback or will Johnson's season continue to reek havoc on opposing interior linemen?

VIKINGS RECEIVERS vs BEARS SECONDARY

After just putting yet another receiver on IR...the Vikings ended Sunday's game against the Raiders with three active receivers. The desperate Vikings have even recently re-signed former first round pick Laquon Treadwell to have some sort of depth behind Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen. Diggs currently has only six catches in three games while Thielen seems to dominate against every opponent other than Chicago. With all of the Bears focus on the Vikings top rushing attack...can Kirk Cousins get a dismal receiving group out of the passing game's collective funk?

The Vikings have the eight highest ranked red zone efficiency after three weeks, but it comes with no thanks to their quarterback. Vikings' OC Kevin Stefanski called eleven run plays to only one pass play in the red zone during last Sunday's win over the Raiders. On the season, the Vikings have run for six touchdowns on nine drives in the redzone, but Kirk Cousins only has one completed pass in five attempts during that time...with a game sealing interception also being one of those five attempts.
index.php

BearsOpponents
Total First Downs5565
1st Downs (Rush-Pass-By Penalty)12 - 32 - 118 - 49 - 8
3rd Down Conversions14/398/35
4th Down Conversions1/35/6
Total Offensive Yds825941
Offense (Plays-Avg Yds)179 - 4.6201 - 4.7
Total Rushing Yds289206
Rushing (Plays-Avg Yards)68 - 4.367 - 3.1
Total Passing Yds536735
Passing (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)67 - 103 - 2 - 5.683 - 123 - 4 - 6.7
Sacks118
Field Goals5/64/5
Touchdowns54
(Rush-Pass-Ret-Def)1 - 3 - 0 - 10 - 4 - 0 - 0
Time of Possession29:1130:48
Turnover Ratio
+4​

PASSING
Dear Sweet Mitchell

i

ATTCOMPYDSCP %YDS/ATTTDINTLONGSACKRATE

RECEIVING
Allen Robinson

i

RECEPTIONSYARDSYDS PER RECLONGTD

RUSHING
David Montgomery

i

ATTEMPTSYARDSYDS PER ATTLONGTD

index.php

TACKLES
Danny Trevathan

i

COMBINEDSOLOASSTTFLQB HITS

INTERCEPTIONS
Kyle Fuller

i

INTSYARDSTDSLONGPASS DEFLECT

SACKS
Khalil Mack

i

PLAYERSACKS
Khalil Mack3.0
Leonard Floyd2.0
Nick Williams2.0
Roy Robertson-Harris1.0
Akiem Hicks1.0
Aaron Lynch1.0
Danny Trevathan1.0
TOTAL TEAM SACKS11.0

OUTLETRANKLINK
NBC9
NFL8
USA Today15https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/rankings/
ESPN14
CBS13https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-4-power-rankings-bills-are-climbing-as-date-with-top-ranked-patriots-looms/

This week we're giving away a Bears shirt to all of our current members. If you're not already a member it's quick and easy to sign up, click on the "Register Now" button below. Join the conversation and make sure you get in on your chance to win these awesome prizes!

My curiosity stems from a triple entendre play on Kyle Long.

Did this play on words stem from the NFL acronym..."Not For Long" and his deteriorating play, or was this in reference to Cohens locker room live stream?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bet the under. Should be a running game affair.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky: 20-33, 208 yards, 2TD, 0INT, 2 rushes, 10 yards.
David Montgomery: 16 carries, 58 yards, 1 reception, 12 yards.
Allen Robinson: 6 receptions, 71 yards, 1TD.

Bears 20
Vikings 17

- The QB who must not be named will have another good game, and the D will give him and the O a short field or 2.

- Cousins is bad under pressure, the Bears will get pressure, and so Cousins will be bad.

- Dalvin Cook will sustain drives for the Vikings.

- Nagy will go to the run early and this will help the QB who must not be named.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ugly weather game with struggling QBs and kicking games. Bears win 4-2, a pair of safties with big Eddie G devouring Cousins.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My curiosity stems from a triple entendre play on Kyle Long.

Did this play on words stem from the NFL acronym..."Not For Long" and his deteriorating play, or was this in reference to Cohens locker room live stream?

It certainly stemmed from the locker room "incident", but when you consider I use the phrase "the aging Long" in the very next sentence...I think you may have dug another layer out that I am only becoming fully aware of now.

....tres bien mon ami.....

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This is my lock of the week: Minnesota blows out the Bears. They’ve blown out teams with far better QBs than Trubisky. Curt Cousins goes off and proves that he can finally win a big game and Trubisky commits 5 turnovers against that great Vikings defense.

Vikings 38-17
Why is this a “Big Game” all of a sudden. ? According to you the Bears suck...

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is my lock of the week: Minnesota blows out the Bears.
No team has blown out the Bears in the Nagy era. Idk whether the Bears win or not but blown out? 20 game sample size doesn’t say that’s likely.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
- I'll be wincing every time Trubisky throws the ball because I have no faith in his throwing ability.
- The defense will have to get a couple of TOs minimum to win this one, coupled with a short field after doing so.
- The defense will spend a lot of time on the field, and some IGT posters will immediately jump on "the defense is overrated" view if they give up a single drive of more than 50 yards and don't get multiple TOs or score.
- I actually think Nagy will call a good game; he seems to be learning from mistakes and getting better.

Bears win 20 - 13

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.