1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It sounds like Trice would have been the pick. From Fishbain:

“4. Amegadjie’s fit on the O-line​

As the Bears awaited their pick, they had a need on the defensive line. When Bralen Trice, the Washington edge rusher, was selected one pick before them, they went with the highest guy on their board, Poles said.

A quad injury cut Amegadjie’s senior season short and kept him from playing in the Senior Bowl. That limits his tape against FCS opponents to begin with, but his size stands out. He tied Georgia’s Amarius Mims for the longest arms among the draftable tackles, at 36 1/8 inches.

“He’s a special talent,” Koziol said. “He’s got really rare physical traits. I think he’s a player that’s on the ascent.”

“You love the tools that he has,” Poles said. “His pass pro is really good. Love his length, hand usage. And a big man that we believe is going to continue to get bigger and more explosive, so it should really increase the competition on our offensive line and make everyone better.”

Koziol believes Amegadjie has “starter potential” and wouldn’t rule out the rookie winning a job on the offensive line.

Amegadjie could “potentially” challenge left tackle Braxton Jones, Poles said, but “probably not Year 1.” The Bears want their offensive linemen to be more versatile, so Amegadjie will begin as a swing tackle who can also play inside.

Poles did reiterate an organizational philosophy: “We don’t really want to put a ceiling on him.”

Bears Day 2 draft takeaways: Caleb Williams unfazed as new era begins in ChicagoCaleb Williams unfazed as new era begins in Chicago: Bears Day 2 draft takeaways

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If the position is as empty as people here claim I'd be surprised if Booker is not the pick if he's there.

At least by The Huddle Report he's the one that ranks higher in their class and the overall board than the DBs do.
I doubt Booker gets drafted by the Bears. He tested incredibly poorly. I don’t see it happening.

Hell, why not spoil Williams even more?

“10 Best Available Wide Receivers​

1 Troy Franklin, Oregon
2 Javon Baker, UCF
3 Brenden Rice, USC
4 Devontez Walker, North Carolina
5 Jamari Thrash, Louisville
6 Jacob Cowing, Arizona
7 Johnny Wilson, Florida State
8 Ainias Smith, Texas A&M
9 Malik Washington, Virginia
10 Isaiah Williams, Illinois

10 Best Available Tight Ends​

1 Ja'Tavion Sanders, Texas
2 Cade Stover, Ohio State
3 Erick All, Iowa
4 Theo Johnson, Penn State
5 Jared Wiley, TCU
6 Dallin Holker, Colorado State
7 Brevyn Spann-Ford, Minnesota
8 Trey Knox, South Carolina
9 AJ Barner, Michigan
10 Jack Westover, Washington

I’m shocked Franklin is still an option. I thought he was a 2nd round player.

Rice, Baker, Walker, and Sanders are all viable options too.

10 Best Available Defensive Tackles​

1 Mekhi Wingo, LSU
2 Brandon Dorlus, Oregon
3 Tyler Davis, Clemson
4 Justin Eboigbe, Alabama
5 Leonard Taylor III, Miami
6 Jaden Crumedy, Mississippi State
7 Gabe Hall, Baylor
8 Marcus Harris, Auburn
9 Jordan Jefferson, LSU
10 Fabien Lovett Sr., Florida State

I like Dorlus because he’s talented and he plays inside and out.

10 Best Available Cornerbacks​

1 T.J. Tampa, Iowa State
2 DJ James, Auburn
3 Cam Hart, Notre Dame
4 Khyree Jackson, Oregon
5 Kris Abrams-Draine, Missouri
6 Caelen Carson, Wake Forest
7 Decamerion Richardson, Mississippi State
8 Jarvis Brownlee Jr., Louisville
9 Dwight McGlothern, Arkansas
10 Josh Newton, TCU”
Khyree Jackson! That would be a great pick!

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think it’s safe to say we found a starter at WR, but I wouldn’t mind getting a speedster like Tutu Griffin. Also, I’d like to see them get a big back to close out games with. Finally, the Hback/Flex TE would be a great role to fill here.

I’ll be shocked if they draft another WR.

There’s still good OL and DL available. Haven’t looked into safeties but that’s always a possibility too

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Mentioned free agency for DL. Seems kinda picked over. Wonder who he’s interested in signing
Calais Campbell, who is 38, had 8 sacks last year and a PFF grade of 80. Carl Lawson and Emmanuel Ogbah are also still unsigned.

The Bears did sign Jake Martin as a depth piece who can be a situational speed rusher opposite Sweat. Obviously need more there and DT.

It was interesting that the Commanders drafted Johnny Newton in the 2nd. Jonathan Allen may be available via late season trade like Sweat was last year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Calais Campbell, who is 38, had 8 sacks last year and a PFF grade of 80. Carl Lawson and Emmanuel Ogbah are also still unsigned.

The Bears did sign Jake Martin as a depth piece who can be a situational speed rusher opposite Sweat. Obviously need more there and DT.

It was interesting that the Commanders drafted Johnny Newton in the 2nd. Jonathan Allen may be available via late season trade like Sweat was last year.

Those two are probably my best guess too.

Campbell may retire so not sure there. Would be a great get though

BigTom

Liked Posts:

Applefan

Liked Posts:
I doubt Booker gets drafted by the Bears. He tested incredibly poorly. I don’t see it happening.

Khyree Jackson! That would be a great pick!
Again. A CB doesn't make sense unless he can return kicks like McQuarters/Azumah/Hester.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

I could see them bringing in Campbell as a vet presence and as part of a rotation. Dude is probably going to be a coach someday.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
I don't think you were paying attention.

The only time I saw the defense show up was because they were threatened with a rookie QB unlikely to score.

The defense had a lot of losses they can hang around Flus' neck.
I've seen Lovie's Bears. I know what prevent is and how it can work. Besides that it's outdated as a mainstay of a defense, Flus' concept is ass.
Maybe another DE will turn it into greatness but for the team he has it has been ass.

8 out of Flus 10 wins have been of 9 points or more. The only 1 score wins were the 12-10 Minnesota win and 16-12 Carolina wins last season.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Those two are probably my best guess too.

Campbell may retire so not sure there. Would be a great get though
Pretty sure Keenen Allen knows Campbell from Pro Bowls. Maybe he can help recruit him.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Whoever they get I’m sure they don’t want to spend 10 mil a year on after the shitty value they got on last years after draft addition.