****OFFICIAL Jon Gruden GIFT BASKET Donation Thread : SHIPPED!!!!!! ARRIVES FRIDAY***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
As one of the two who gave this suggestion, a few thoughts:

1. First of all, let's fix this thread title. Everyone knows any ****OFFICIAL THREAD**** has four asterisks.

2. Make no mistake: this IS trolling. This is not, "Waaah FirstTimer showed me how my logic was faulty, and now I'm mad and am going to report him for trolling me." This is legit stuff.

3. Like Broc, I originally thought the bigger and the gaudier, the better. The more I think about it, the more I agree with my esteemed colleague DaaBears, multiple smaller items are better. In fact, sending him one for every sack is an amazing idea. The idea that he can keep receiving these throughout the year, it really makes me smile.

4. I originally said Edible Arrangements, because they're relatively cheap. I like the idea that Jamais Vu had about 52 roses, but then I feel like you're asking for a lot of money from people. The Edible Arrangements can be like $30/sack. Let's just say Mack gets to 20 sacks - we're only looking at $320 plus shipping and tax, so around $500 for the season.

5. Things like Edible Arrangements or flowers are ideal, because while we are trolling Jon Gruden, his secretary and other people in his office can enjoy them because they shouldn't have to suffer because he's a douche.

6. Every gift should come with a letter. Obviously, the first one explains why we are so thankful. Each subsequent sack should just have a note that gives the corresponding sack. Example: the 9th sack should just have a simple "#9" on the letter.

7. Rush and Zack run this place. They get the credit.

8. The Media. Broc is right about this, we should let the media know. I'm sure some of our posters here who pay attention to national shit can find a beat writer who is critical of Jon. Well, when we find that guy, either Rush or Zack (NOT A REGULAR POSTER!) should contact him via twitter, and alert him to what we are doing.

9. $20 being contributed on Friday from me.

10. FOR RUSH AND ZACH I think you should keep this here, and not on the facebook site.

11. Is it Zach or Zack?

12. I think it would be great if we include something with the main Chiefs, Chargers, and Broncos board. Again, that should be done via Rush or Zach/Zack.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
52 Big Mac Sandwiches

I actually like that idea. The Big Macs can be donated to some charity in Gruden´s name. Getting McDonalds involved can actually have it happen in every city that the Raiders play against which do not play the Bears, of course.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Personally I like the idea of donating to Gruden's charity with a thank you note from Bears fans.

Trolling that actually helps a worthy cause as well. You could probably set up a GoFund me for Bears fans everywhere to donate. Make it a global effort.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Personally I like the idea of donating to Gruden's charity with a thank you note from Bears fans.

Trolling that actually helps a worthy cause as well.
So we're going to donate $500 and put it in the name of, "HA HA sucker. You gave us Khalil Mack."??

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I will never understand the mentality of people that feel the need to donate to a guy that makes a $100 million.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As one of the two who gave this suggestion, a few thoughts:

1. First of all, let's fix this thread title. Everyone knows any ****OFFICIAL THREAD**** has four asterisks.

2. Make no mistake: this IS trolling. This is not, "Waaah FirstTimer showed me how my logic was faulty, and now I'm mad and am going to report him for trolling me." This is legit stuff.

3. Like Broc, I originally thought the bigger and the gaudier, the better. The more I think about it, the more I agree with my esteemed colleague DaaBears, multiple smaller items are better. In fact, sending him one for every sack is an amazing idea. The idea that he can keep receiving these throughout the year, it really makes me smile.

4. I originally said Edible Arrangements, because they're relatively cheap. I like the idea that Jamais Vu had about 52 roses, but then I feel like you're asking for a lot of money from people. The Edible Arrangements can be like $30/sack. Let's just say Mack gets to 20 sacks - we're only looking at $320 plus shipping and tax, so around $500 for the season.

5. Things like Edible Arrangements or flowers are ideal, because while we are trolling Jon Gruden, his secretary and other people in his office can enjoy them because they shouldn't have to suffer because he's a douche.

6. Every gift should come with a letter. Obviously, the first one explains why we are so thankful. Each subsequent sack should just have a note that gives the corresponding sack. Example: the 9th sack should just have a simple "#9" on the letter.

7. Rush and Zack run this place. They get the credit.

8. The Media. Broc is right about this, we should let the media know. I'm sure some of our posters here who pay attention to national shit can find a beat writer who is critical of Jon. Well, when we find that guy, either Rush or Zack (NOT A REGULAR POSTER!) should contact him via twitter, and alert him to what we are doing.

9. $20 being contributed on Friday from me.

10. FOR RUSH AND ZACH I think you should keep this here, and not on the facebook site.

11. Is it Zach or Zack?

12. I think it would be great if we include something with the main Chiefs, Chargers, and Broncos board. Again, that should be done via Rush or Zach/Zack.

Well said all around. I will do,the $20 too.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
We can get the address to the Raiders front office for sure. I have a connection at Bleacher Report, I bet it could get picked up pretty easily. Handful of folks toss in $20, I'm down to do it and make it gaudy.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
$70.00 donated so far. If you donated PM me, not sure if that includes the $40 zach already mentioned or not. Worst Case it does and we truly have $70, if not we have $110.

We'll toss in $100.00 as well from the site towards this sillyness.

Potentially $210.00. Worst Case $170.00

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
$70.00 donated so far. If you donated PM me, not sure if that includes the $40 zach already mentioned or not. Worst Case it does and we truly have $70, if not we have $110.

We'll toss in $100.00 as well from the site towards this sillyness.

Potentially $210.00. Worst Case $170.00

Can I write the "thank you" note as a donation?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah - outside of me quoting this post, you're really good at writing shit that I probably won't end up reading.

I would consult my editors before submitting the final draft. But, I would be honored if I could write the thank you note to accompany the gift.

Seems like you read this post, btw. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.