Official Lockout Discussion Thread VOL 1

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Both sides say there is no meetings scheduled between now and Monday. So Stern should just go ahead and make his cancellations now. Unless he is waiting for somebody to make a last minute pitch before Monday.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
If there's a season at all, it would be no less than a miracle.

Yeah this really sucks.

The Bulls are finally in a position to be contenders again after all these years, and now this lockout crap happens....talk about bad timing.
I for one feel better about the Bulls than I have in 13 plus years.
AND its ironic that a lockout happens exactly 13 years after the last one right when the Bulls are close to being back on top..

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
The real casualties in this on going lock out is not lost player wages or owner revenues, it's the livelihood of thousands of stadium workers (concession vendors, stadium security, parking attendants, ticket takers, etc.) who will now have their hours cutback with the strong chance of joining the other 18million unemployed Americans.

No one wants to see millionaires & billionaires arguing over money, so for that I give a giant middle finger salute to both sides of this lock-out.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
The real casualties in this on going lock out is not lost player wages or owner revenues, it's the livelihood of thousands of stadium workers (concession vendors, stadium security, parking attendants, ticket takers, etc.) who will now have their hours cutback with the strong chance of joining the other 18million unemployed Americans.

No one wants to see millionaires & billionaires arguing over money, so for that I give a giant middle finger salute to both sides of this lock-out.

BUMP

Even Jesus is mad

1christ-middle-finger-300x298.jpg

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I´m just wondering if there is a season, will the schedule be fixed? For example you play every team just once. Or will we just start from let´s say week 8?

I´m thinking about it because teams who play every contender in the begining of their schedule would improve much if they don´t change the schedule.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Ben Gordon expects NBA to miss one or two years, suggests meetings were BS​

"I think there will be more games missed," Gordon told the Detroit Free Press. "I expect it might be a year or two. I realized that when I was listening to both sides during the negotiations. I think there will be a lot of games missed and more money is going to go down the drain. I'm preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best."

The fact that Gordon mentioned a year "or two" is probably the most discouraging part of his quotes to the newspaper -- and that's discounting his memories of the experience he had as a member of the negotiating meetings last month.

"It just seemed scripted, and they were going through the motions," Gordon told the Free Press. "Sitting there in front of them you could tell they weren't focused on getting a deal. I still don't know the purpose of those meetings."

It's difficult to disagree with Gordon's sentiments considering the meetings apparently didn't accomplish anything, but it's still not fun to read the first-hand account.

Soruce: http://www.sbnation....detroit-pistons

Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ben Gordon expects NBA to miss one or two years, suggests meetings were BS​

"I think there will be more games missed," Gordon told the Detroit Free Press. "I expect it might be a year or two. I realized that when I was listening to both sides during the negotiations. I think there will be a lot of games missed and more money is going to go down the drain. I'm preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best."

The fact that Gordon mentioned a year "or two" is probably the most discouraging part of his quotes to the newspaper -- and that's discounting his memories of the experience he had as a member of the negotiating meetings last month.

"It just seemed scripted, and they were going through the motions," Gordon told the Free Press. "Sitting there in front of them you could tell they weren't focused on getting a deal. I still don't know the purpose of those meetings."

It's difficult to disagree with Gordon's sentiments considering the meetings apparently didn't accomplish anything, but it's still not fun to read the first-hand account.

Soruce: http://www.sbnation....detroit-pistons

:turrible:

I doubt the lockout goes on for 2 seasons.. but missing the year seems very likely.

I hope the next meeting is a productive one

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
NBA labor talks have been going on for 13 hours, or roughly the length of a Tom Thibodeau film session.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
How would a lost season impact fanbase? Or you in general. It seems obvious a lot of people would be put off by a lost season due to a bunch of greedy bastards. As a lifetime basketball fan, I would definitely still watch NBA and buy NBA licensed shit, but who is to say every long time fan will do the same. Does this hurt the NBA in the long run?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It hurts the NBA, of course.

Personally, this exposes the players who like the money more than the game. Once in a while, you need a good reminder that they are entertainers, not actual producers. This is an entire value-add service.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Cross your fingers boys. Stern hasn't cancelled the next set of games, like he said he would. :)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I'd imagine if they don't get any progress today, the season is lost.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
This lockout shows me that the owners expect the players to be punished for the owners poor decision making. Now the players decided to help out, but that is still not enough for the owners. The players always will deserve the larger scale of the BRI because without the players there is no NBA. The owners need to realize that. If the owners are going to make billions off of these guys talents, it only makes sense for the players to try to get some of the money off of their own talents as well. I don't blame the players at all for not just settling, I wouldn't either if I were them.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I agree the owners want to much in one step. On the other side the players will lose more money if they don´t agree than they will lose if they accept the pay cut.

Man that´s tricky!

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This lockout shows me that the owners expect the players to be punished for the owners poor decision making. Now the players decided to help out, but that is still not enough for the owners. The players always will deserve the larger scale of the BRI because without the players there is no NBA. The owners need to realize that. If the owners are going to make billions off of these guys talents, it only makes sense for the players to try to get some of the money off of their own talents as well. I don't blame the players at all for not just settling, I wouldn't either if I were them.
This is what I've said about this situation.

Anyone painting the players as greedy, really doesn't know the situation.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Talks have broken off...with no more meetings scheduled.

Goodbye NBA season.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
This is what I've said about this situation.

Anyone painting the players as greedy, really doesn't know the situation.

:smh: Riiiiight. The players aren't greedy? Pot meet kettle bud, both sides are absolutely greedy. Greed isn't the problem here.

This whole lockout is about a hard cap. Not x/x BRI, not union busting. It's the move to a hard cap to make things easier for small market teams to compete and generate revenue. Anyone who hasn't read between the lines and figured that out by now, even after a hard cap was anticipated years ago, really doesn't know what the hell they are talking about.

For the record, I am not for a hard cap. Hell, I don't like salary caps whatsoever. I'm all about market rates, basically adjustable rate salaries in % of BRI, not set cap.

Last edited: