Official Mortal Kombat Thread

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMHy5cm_HU0&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Mortal Kombat (2011) Sektor and Cyrax MK3 Costumes [Leaked DLC][/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRrzi5ndp1o&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - MK-Fujin.avi[/ame]

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgMdMttO57c&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - NoobSmoke Combos in Mortal Kombat 9 for PS3 and XBOX[/ame]

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
APRIL 2011 SALES

NPD Software Top 10 (figures posted by NeoGAF)

Mortal Kombat – 900,000; over 1 million with special editions
Portal 2 – 637,000
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters
Crysis 2 – 236,000
Just Dance 2
Michael Jackson The Experience
Pokemon White Version
NBA 2K11 – 190,000
NPD: Xbox 360 moves 297K units, PS3 sales up 13% | VG247

Mortal Kombat Wins. Flawless Victory

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Just got finished with challenge 251 finally. Took me about a half hour to beat. It pissed me off how many times I got really close to beating it then Kahn would pull the cheapest shit in the universe. Glad that one is out of the way, now on to even more annoying challenges.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
re stickied.

dont want any crying because I moved it down.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Finished Challenge Tower! It was quite the journey. I knocked off challenge 262-300 in about an hour and fourty-five minutes.

Now I can really start honing my skill with challenge tower and story mode out of the way. All I have to do now is get a new controller. My control with the transforming D-pad broke, the D-pad literally just came off. Cheap piece of shit. Since I love the PS3 controller's D-pad since it has separate buttons, I'm going with the Razer Onza this time. I've heard it's not really good for fighting games, but if I can make this piece of shit defective standard controller work, the Razer D-Pad will feel like heaven compared.

Last edited:

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I am working on Story mode again and since my save file was corrupted had to start all over.

I think I am in chapter 5 or so. After beating the Challenge Tower this shit is easy.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So whats the word on DLC? Is it just going to be more characters or will there be more story/challenge tower stuff added?

Because if its just characters I am probably selling this back in a couple days. If its more content I might keep it.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
So whats the word on DLC? Is it just going to be more characters or will there be more story/challenge tower stuff added?

Because if its just characters I am probably selling this back in a couple days. If its more content I might keep it.

I'm pretty sure it's just characters and the retro uni's, but with Mortal Kombat you never know. They've always been very secretive.

Did you use your online code? I heard you get less value if it has been used.

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure it's just characters and the retro uni's, but with Mortal Kombat you never know. They've always been very secretive.

because the 2nd buyer has to buy a oline kode to get on....$10 i think

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

That sucks. I'll probably sell it back then and Amazon doesn't really care about the codes... I mean I just sold Borderlands GOTY back to Amazon for 25 that I bought for 18 from Gamestop. And it had the codes used before I bought it. Really regretted that decision, but it worked out.

I'm about done with the story mode I am on Cyber Sub Zero now. Should finish up either tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah. Hopefully this online code stuff doesn't become a big trend. It's so damn stupid, but I guess it helps "the man".

Eh I am okay with it. The company should be able to make something off of the secondary market. With all the ways to be used games now once the game is sold it they get no more money off of it even if its sold 20 more times via different vendors. It's a way to recoup some of the secondary market. I think 10 bucks might be a bit high, but I think 5 is at least fair.

I bet more and more games start doing this.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FInished the story mode today. Pretty good I thought. Definitely leaves it open for a sequel/DLC.

Just achievement hunting now before I ship it back probably after the wkd.

Very good game. Cant complain at all about it. Would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to play it.

DTTCyrax

Liked Posts:
For DLC, there will be a patch, possibly fixing online issues like lag and ranked matches wait times, Skarlett, and Kenshi as DLC Kharacters. Yes!

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I rented this game from redbox for the weekend while a few of my friends were in town. We had a BLAST playing it last night.. and will probably play again sometime tonight. None of us are good at all, just a bunch of button mashers, so I claim absolutely no skill at this game whatsoever.

I have a question, though. I am playing story mode and want to beat it before I return the game tomorrow. I am stuck in chapter 11 or 12... I was just the asian dude with the razor hat and after I won my last fight, Shao Kahn (the emperor) breaks my neck and now I have to be shitty-ass Liu Kang again.

How the fuck do you beat Shao Kahn with Liu Kang? I must have died over 30 times to the bitch. I turned the difficulty all the way down to beginner, but that doesn't seem to make any difference. His moves are all unblockable and his damage is insane. I can't beat this fucker. Anyone have any tips?

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get as far away as possible and just low fireball the shit out of him.