Official NBA 2k14 Thread

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
this game is a flop...they put no effort into this gen...its 2k13.5

"crew mode" is a joke...what a troll job by 2k..."crew mode" is 5v5 to a game of 21....yes 5v5 to a game of measly 21...thats not crew mode and they shouldn't call it that...thats damn near false advertisement

good thing GTA 5 is coming out cause im easily passing on this game

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
In my opnion, the best soundtrack to any 2K game was 2K10. My favorite being Champion by Game and Electric Feel by MGMT. The last 2K game I bought was the second one with Jordan on the cover. But, I hated how they switched using the thumbsticks to dribble. I use to be able to pull off some crazy moves via the pick and roll but when that game hit, it changed. I couldn't do it anymore, and I couldn't get the post game to work like I did in previous games. I got tired of it and stopped buying the game. I might pick this up for Xbox One though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In my opnion, the best soundtrack to any 2K game was 2K10. My favorite being Champion by Game and Electric Feel by MGMT. The last 2K game I bought was the second one with Jordan on the cover. But, I hated how they switched using the thumbsticks to dribble. I use to be able to pull off some crazy moves via the pick and roll but when that game hit, it changed. I couldn't do it anymore, and I couldn't get the post game to work like I did in previous games. I got tired of it and stopped buying the game. I might pick this up for Xbox One though.
Funny...I found dribble moves to be a lot easier after they switched it to the right stick. Post moves basically felt the same to me. Guess I just caught on quick or something.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Funny...I found dribble moves to be a lot easier after they switched it to the right stick. Post moves basically felt the same to me. Guess I just caught on quick or something.

Are you referring to last year's game when they switched to using the right stick? I know what I said sounded confusing but what I meant was the game with Jordan on the cover, something changed with the thumbstick. I can't really explain it, but all I know is, when I got that game I couldn't do the moves I could in the previous games.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are you referring to last year's game when they switched to using the right stick? I know what I said sounded confusing but what I meant was the game with Jordan on the cover, something changed with the thumbstick. I can't really explain it, but all I know is, when I got that game I couldn't do the moves I could in the previous games.
Oh yeah I was. Yeah the dribble moves in 2k11 were kinda weird, but I generally tend to learn how to do stuff eventually so it's never really bothered me much outside of the first bit where I was still learning.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So far 2k14 on current gen looks like 2k13 with a few more animations and updated rosters. Meh :dunno:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
2K13 models, textures, and most files work in 2K14.

I'll probably see if I can patch the entire game's NBA arenas, dornas, jerseys, shoes, models, faces, and other lighting effects. Then I'll post screenshots so you can compare with the console.

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2k14 is lookin good. I got 360 btw. i love the new animations for bigs. the post moves are real nice along with realistic bumping and fouls happening. i will stick to my center for a while. i always seem to be good with bigs in 2k for some reason.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2k14 is lookin good. I got 360 btw. i love the new animations for bigs. the post moves are real nice along with realistic bumping and fouls happening. i will stick to my center for a while. i always seem to be good with bigs in 2k for some reason.
Up and under cheese

Enough said

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2K13 models, textures, and most files work in 2K14.

I'll probably see if I can patch the entire game's NBA arenas, dornas, jerseys, shoes, models, faces, and other lighting effects. Then I'll post screenshots so you can compare with the console.
I trust you'll be able to make the game look nicer. If only you could mod the rebounding...

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I trust you'll be able to make the game look nicer. If only you could mod the rebounding...
Im sure in future updates they will fix things. remember in 12 i think it was where the opponent could not miss a 3. they fixed it. the game will most likely be different a month from now.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Some AI hacks are completely doable. I still haven't had a chance to play the game, so that will wait. The first thing is first, making it look like a game released in 2013 that can take advantage of nice hardware. Then the customizations, gameplay tweaks, ect, all will happen.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Meh, that is what EA always does.

They market the hell out of a new feature, and people fall for it. The overall gameplay still winds up being worse.

You guys should know better after being burned by EA for so long, myself included. EA has to prove themselves again, not get automatic love, JUST for the sake of an alternative existing. NBA2K has issues, but from what I understand, they are nothing compared to NBA Live right now.

Plus if anyone expected NBA 2K14 to look better than 2K13, then you pulled that out of your own mind. There is no logical reason for NBA 2K14 to be a jump over 2K14, and this is all about the timing of next gen console releases. Now 2K15 should be a big jump, and possibly buggier than 2K13..

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I picked up 2k a couple of hours ago and got in 5 team play games with 4 other friends. Same old same old with 2k. There was one game we played where I was the inbounder and I threw it in to the PG, who was just standing there waiting for the ball, and it flew over is head and out of bounds. 2k has always been the king of bullshit. I'm kind of torn on this new paint protection stuff. On one hand I like how they changed it to where you can't abuse the paint like you can in every other 2k but some of the shit is just to fake for me. I had a 5 block game playing center with Demarcus Cousins and on 3 of my blocks I literally did nothing besides stand next to the guy. I think that game we ended up with 13 or 15 total blocked shots.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I picked up 2k a couple of hours ago and got in 5 team play games with 4 other friends. Same old same old with 2k. There was one game we played where I was the inbounder and I threw it in to the PG, who was just standing there waiting for the ball, and it flew over is head and out of bounds. 2k has always been the king of bullshit. I'm kind of torn on this new paint protection stuff. On one hand I like how they changed it to where you can't abuse the paint like you can in every other 2k but some of the shit is just to fake for me. I had a 5 block game playing center with Demarcus Cousins and on 3 of my blocks I literally did nothing besides stand next to the guy. I think that game we ended up with 13 or 15 total blocked shots.
You say you hate 2k so much and yet you play it anyway. :rolleyes:

Just an observation.

But yes, blocks in 2k14 are quite easy apparently. Sort of like how steals were super easy prepatch in 2k13 when it came out. I could get a double digit steal game in my player mode pretty easily before they jacked up the reach in foul slider or whatever they did. It'll probably fix itself come patch time...if they care about current gen at that point.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
You say you hate 2k so much and yet you play it anyway. :rolleyes:

Just an observation.

But yes, blocks in 2k14 are quite easy apparently. Sort of like how steals were super easy prepatch in 2k13 when it came out. I could get a double digit steal game in my player mode pretty easily before they jacked up the reach in foul slider or whatever they did. It'll probably fix itself come patch time...if they care about current gen at that point.

I don't have much choice, I like playing up to date games for the rosters and graphics so I don't feel like playing live 10. Not really sure why I bought 2k14 to be honest because I have literally played it once and have had it since it came out.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't have much choice, I like playing up to date games for the rosters and graphics so I don't feel like playing live 10. Not really sure why I bought 2k14 to be honest because I have literally played it once and have had it since it came out.
Pick your poison then it seems.