***OFFICIAL*** Next Defensive Coordinator Thread

Who will be the Bears' next DC?

• Total voters

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
Vic aint leaving. He signed on with Nagy and at his age, in a time where defense is diminishing in the overall scope of importance, he's latched on. I'd put the odds at 10-1.

lol

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's all but a fact that Fangio will be moving on as a HC next season. He has done terrific work for for 3 seasons now. After being snubbed for the Bears HC job, it's clear Fangio will jump ship given the opportunity.

---

There are 5 top candidates to replace Fangio that will likely be fired either during the season or shortly after:

1. Marvin Lewis - don't be fooled by the Bengals record. They have been lucky on offense yet ranked #26 in total defense. This is no fault to Lewis as his personnel is just garbage. Imagine what he could do with the Bears' defense.

2. Vance Joseph - Joseph oversaw a defense that played a key role in the Dolphins returning to the playoffs for the first time in eight seasons. Despite having to use 13 different starting lineups due to injury, Joseph’s defense ranked fourth in the NFL on third downs (36.2%) while forcing the sixth-most negative plays (107) in the league. The Dolphins won nine of their final 11 regular-season games in 2016 with Joseph’s defense accounting for the fourth-most takeaways (21) in the NFL during that stretch.

3. Sean McDermott - Bills are going nowhere this season and McDermott is likely on the way out in no part to their #7 defense. McDermott may be too focused on one side of the ball instead of letting his DC handle things.

4. Lovie Smith

5. Rex Ryan

Who ya got?

#calledit on Fangio being gone but #failedit by leaving out out Bowles as a candidate

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
My choice would be Gregg Williams, I and I think most of Beardom would love the aggressive style he brings. I don’t think you have to worry about him leaving either, if Cleveland didn’t hire him, no one would. He also has the history with Pace in NO as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
My choice would be Gregg Williams, I and I think most of Beardom would love the aggressive style he brings. I don’t think you have to worry about him leaving either, if Cleveland didn’t hire him, no one would. He also has the history with Pace in NO as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with the bolded.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Bears have interviewed Donatell for DC and rumors are Chuck Pagano could be next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd much rather have Pagano than Donatell. I don't know if we can retain Donatell if that happens though as the DB coach.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I'd much rather have Pagano than Donatell. I don't know if we can retain Donatell if that happens though as the DB coach.

If we don’t give him DC he’ll be DC in Denver he’s not sticking around for a DB coach job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk