*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who's pretending? Its not like some open secret and its not hard to figure out, nor am I the only one saying these things.

You're just mad and shooting the messenger.

I have no idea what you think you are arguing. Who else is claiming getting another 3T is 100% out of the question besides you?

Also not sure what I am mad about. I am not saying we will get another one. I am saying you are passing off your specualtion as fact. You have no fucking clue what Poles is going to do so shut up and enjoy the ride instead of pretending you have some window into his soul.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are few potential 3T in the draft. It's possible that Demarvin Leal, Devonte Wyatt, or Perrion Winfrey is available at 39, but I kinda doubt it.

After that you'd probably be looking at Phildarian Mathis (who isn't exactly a 3T but can play there) or Matthew Butler in the 3rd.

A darkhorse would be Travis Jones, who isn't really a 3T but is a beast and imo could have a game similar to Hicks.
Derrick Tangelo from Penn State showed well in practices at the Shrine Bowl. Brett Kollman liked both Butler and Tangelo for the Bears.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I have no idea what you think you are arguing. Who else is claiming getting another 3T is 100% out of the question besides you?

Also not sure what I am mad about. I am not saying we will get another one. I am saying you are passing off your specualtion as fact. You have no fucking clue what Poles is going to do so shut up and enjoy the ride instead of pretending you have some window into his soul.

Well, with all your flailing and flopping about, it was hard to know which thing you were specifically angry at.

I believe that the Bears WON'T get another starting level 3T, and given that they are rebuilding, it would be a silly thing to expect that. That is my OPINION. Sorry it offends you, but if that does, may I suggest you schedule a trip down the baby or feminine hygine aisle, because there are far more offending things in life than anything I say or do.

I have a strong opinion. It being strong is NOT me passing it off as fact. It is my OPINION that they will not get another starting 3T because they are rebuilding and putting a focus on the offense and Fields in what they've communicated, and Eberflus has a track record of getting the most out of lesser talent on defense.

And last I checked, paying attention to what they have said in press conferences is not "pretending I have some window into their souls".

It's called taking what they have said at face value.

So, maybe the real reason you're mad is because I'm right, and you don't want me to be.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Indeed.

But I like my pipe dream of the Bears going nuts and signing both Collins and Armstead, kicking Jenkins inside, and then having 4 of their 5 OL as some of the nastiest dudes to hit the field.
Oh man so nasty....

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
We have over 100m in cap next year. There will be plenty of money and resources to build the team out but if you devote resources all on O this year then you may pass on better offensive pkayers next year.

Like why spend 12-13m on a WR this year when guys like DK, AJ and others are FA next year?
I wouldn’t spend on another WR this year but I would draft 2 of them or at the very least, draft 1 in the 2nd. I doubt AJ is going anywhere. DK might be a possibility

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cheap move adds depth. Now if we could get a quality T and CB I would say successful start to the offseason.