dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’m not talking about Kirk, but Chark was there, premium OL talent was available and we have our hopes set on Bates. You also had Cooper and others that could have been had to prioritize Fields development. All I am saying is if you go to the draft with a huge need at WR, you better damn well hope you don’t need to overdraft, especially trading up for something riskier than available talent that took limited capital.

I am only annoyed if my fears are realized of a wasted Fields year.

With that said, if we get a Pickens and Watson I am back 100% lol
Oh well we still got S.Diggs right...??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
confused-no.gif

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
More than anything the new GM is setting up FIelds to fail. Taking a hard look at the Bears and you see gaping holes along the offensive line, WR, and a RB that is quite average and a TE that hasn't quite developed yet. As far as D we have a decent end, one LB, one CB and a wish washy safety as above average players. The rest of the D is suspect.

We have very little draft capital. I thought Poles would be more active in mid grade players to fill the abundance of holes and try to compete this year.

Let's be honest. The Bears, in Fields second year, will be terrible. 3-14 in 2022?

Going into 2023 the GM and coach will preach that 8-9 record is success-but I doubt they get there.... Field now is 3 years in and likely labeled as a bust.

This really is sad to watch.

how about this. the bears win more than 3 games and you leave forever and never return. Idiot

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fair point, and point taken.

Just wish we tried harder - I know we may not know all the details, but it seems like there's only been rumblings of our "interest" in Armstead, where it was very obvious the Dolphins were going hard at him. Are we going half-assed at the other O-line and free agents?

That Athletic article from today gave the same sense - Cunningham "convinced" Poles to spread out money among mid tier agents rather than the higher impact ones - at some point some positions are worth spending for. Will we hit 2023 with 130 million in cap space and still keep the same philosophy? I'm not sure it's even a given we'll spend next year.

I have a suspicion that you will likely see the same “fiscal responsibleness” line in 2023 as well even with 100 million cap space.

you have to spend a certain % of the cap