*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Montucky

Liked Posts:
packers losing MVS not good they're going to have to draft 2 WR at least ....
Well they have four picks in the first two rounds so that's really not much of a concern of problem for them. Unless they totally pull a Green Bay and draft four cornerbacks.

Canth

Liked Posts:
the rookies they draft will most likely be better than MVS. MVS got a pretty big contract, considering he was just an average receiver.

Yeah, that does strike as an overpay. The assumption has to be that he will produce more given more opportunity (ie not playing behind Adams or Hill) and that he is already adjusted to the speed of the NFL.

But in looking at his stats, a 1st round rookie WR could/should put up at least the stats MVS has in a given year.

MVS stats:
1648152416345.png

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Significant savings compared to what Tyreek Hill received. What the Chiefs are doing here makes sense. They aren't going to totally abandon Pat Mahomes, but they aren't going to coddle him anymore. I'm actually not sure the gamble is going to pay off but I think they are looking at their defense and realizing that they simply will not be able to compete for Super Bowls unless they really invest heavily in that side of the ball.

Spending ten million a year on Marquez Valdes-Scantling vs. thirty million a year on Tyreek Hill frees up a ton of resources, yet still offers a little more certainty and NFL continuity than a draft pick. Also they can use that draft pick on something other than a receiver.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Significant savings compared to what Tyreek Hill received. What the Chiefs are doing here makes sense. They aren't going to totally abandon Pat Mahomes, but they aren't going to coddle him anymore. I'm actually not sure the gamble is going to pay off but I think they are looking at their defense and realizing that they simply will not be able to compete for Super Bowls unless they really invest heavily in that side of the ball.

Spending ten million a year on Marquez Valdes-Scantling vs. thirty million a year on Tyreek Hill frees up a ton of resources, yet still offers a little more certainty and NFL continuity than a draft pick. Also they can use that draft pick on something other than a receiver.
I wouldn’t spend 30 mil on any wr but calm the fuck down. Hill is dynamic player and a difference maker. Mvs is meh.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Looks like waiting in free agency doesn’t always mean asking prices go down. That’s nice contract for someone I bet the bears were hoping to bring in
Hoping to bring in at half that money maybe. Fuck that…. That’s stupid money.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hoping to bring in at half that money maybe. Fuck that…. That’s stupid money.
I wonder if ARob is pissed for taking the contract from the Rams. I bet he could have made more from GB or KC if he waited. But can’t blame him. Who would have thought those 2 would be traded

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Amen to that! It was so much fun following the Draft back then. Following the making of a SB Team. The way it comes into place piece by piece. I was still watching college football, and knew most of the players being drafted. Now I'm getting my draft knowledge from.......you, the posters.....I haven't followed it in years....I just looked up players AFTER Da Bears drafted them. Sincerely, I want to thank everybody for posting bios & info on draft eligible players. I think I'm entering a "second childhood" in following the draft. ......lol......

Doc..you remember well how it was accomplished....

Payton was Finks' 1st Pick ever in '75........'76 - '79 ...2 OTs, 3 DL. ( 2 No.1s in '79 ) '80 LB, '81 OT........THEN he went more for "skill" positions. imo..... Poles is off on the RIGHT start, not the most POPULAR one for many.
Thanks. There are some who disagree, and those of who do this work like to hear this once in a while.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wonder if ARob is pissed for taking the contract from the Rams. I bet he could have made more from GB or KC if he waited. But can’t blame him. Who would have thought those 2 would be traded
He could have made more from the Bears too. (Under Pace). AR made some bad choices.