*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Montucky

Liked Posts:
We have 2 pass rushers that combined for 31 sacks last year so no pass rusher is not a 1st round need this year. 3T is a need but I am more comfortable with Jones/Edwards and Blackson than I am with Mooney, Pringle and St Brown.

I already mentioned LT. There is no other OL position I take in the first round as you can always find IOL and RTs in the 2nd round and beyond. There simply is not much value in drafting them high in the first especially when really good ones can still be had in FA for 8-12m or so. Elite WRs are getting 30m so more valuable to get one on their rookie contract.

There is no C or QB worth a 1st rounder this year so I have no idea why you would even bring them up. We are talking about a first round pick.
The guy responsible for most of those sacks is over thirty and probably should be traded this off-season also.

My real point is this whole team sucks. Darnell Mooney and Jaylon Johnson are nice players who factor into future, Cole Kmet and Teven Jenkins (and perhaps Larry Borom) deserve a good look this year and who knows with the quarterback (though early returns are poor). The looming spectre of paying David Montgomery and Roquan Smith makes them tough decisions and Robert Quinn probably will have fallen off by the time this team is ready to really compete.

Other than that? They all suck. This roster needs total rebuilding from the bottom up. Trading assets to rush up and grab Chris Olave is like buying a Ferrari and parking it in front of your double wide.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
What if tackles or sacks or tackles for loss don't result in points or TDs and wins?
uuuhh.......everybody knows those things don't....in a win, maybe... .......sorry you lost me there.....I was answering those who made a point of the difference in TOs between the 2 players....if no points off the TOs.....then "hands down" I take Quan.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
WOW, what a stupid comment. Mack was far from useless. He would normally have to deal with a LT, G, and chipping TE or back, Mack's presence alone affected the game.
Been traded twice...nuff said....idc about players who are one-dimensional.....no matter how the media "spins" things.....he was never good against the run......i agree with most of your posts......let's agree to disagree on this issue.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
uuuhh.......everybody knows those things don't....in a win, maybe... .......sorry you lost me there.....I was answering those who made a point of the difference in TOs between the 2 players....if no points off the TOs.....then "hands down" I take Quan.
You're basically saying the defensive player's value goes down if their offense is worse, which the player has no control over.

It's a really strange argument, and it doesn't make any sense.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Can anyone name a ILB that played in the Super Bowl? You have to take calls on Roquan. Doesn’t mean you have to trade him, but ILB is not a premier position in the NFL and hasn’t been for decades. See what the offers are and go from there.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So you’re saying that if a defensive player causes turnovers, but the teams OFFENSE fails to take advantage of those turnovers and score, that’s not a positive for that defender as for as his worth to the team?

Where did you learn football again??

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I love when people say things like he said so that I can know for future reference their posts aren't worth reading if I am looking for valuable football info

Mack has been an elite run defender for his entire career.
he's so elite that 2 teams have traded his ass so far.....his whopping 15 tackles last season.....in 7 or 8 games.....2 tackles a game, for whatever reason......no bueno.....i'm glad he's on another team..

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
lol....Mack is an overrated piece of crap....if he didn't get a sack, he was useless. I'm sure Poles & Eberflus saw it on tape and said....."get rid of this useless piece of f'*k"......as did the Raiduhs...
More telling is.... you really don't remember the Urlacher teams....
My apolgies to the FF crowd.
Is this purposefully ignorant?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For that time that Tommie Harris was at his peak none of those guys were near as good except Khalil Mack.

Harris never had 18 sacks like Quinn. In fact he only had more than 6 sacks once. Harris was a good pass rusher but Hicks was a better all around player. He had 3 seasons of 8 or more sacks and was a superior run defender than Harris.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The guy responsible for most of those sacks is over thirty and probably should be traded this off-season also.

My real point is this whole team sucks. Darnell Mooney and Jaylon Johnson are nice players who factor into future, Cole Kmet and Teven Jenkins (and perhaps Larry Borom) deserve a good look this year and who knows with the quarterback (though early returns are poor). The looming spectre of paying David Montgomery and Roquan Smith makes them tough decisions and Robert Quinn probably will have fallen off by the time this team is ready to really compete.

Other than that? They all suck. This roster needs total rebuilding from the bottom up. Trading assets to rush up and grab Chris Olave is like buying a Ferrari and parking it in front of your double wide.

Quinn being old doesnt change the fact both Muhammed and Gipson had at least 6 sacks last year. Quinn, Gipson and Muhammed is perfectly fine as a 3 man rotation at DE. DE would only be a major need if we traded Quinn.

Great the whole team sucks. It is still the case that as 1st round picks go the 2 positions we can get the best value out of relative to needs and cost is LT and WR.

You say the team sucks which is all the more reason to use the draft picks from Quan on someone you can cost control for 5 years and take the 20m a year he wants and use it to get 2 or 3 quality players. 20m for an ILB is a luxury if the team sucks as bad as you claim.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Harris never had 18 sacks like Quinn. In fact he only had more than 6 sacks once. Harris was a good pass rusher but Hicks was a better all around player. He had 3 seasons of 8 or more sacks and was a superior run defender than Harris.
Harris was a fatty that played DT so why would he have more sacks than someone like Quinn who plays OLB/DE?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I have a feeling Roquan will be like ARob in that he will have an unrealistic opinion of his contractual value. He is a fine player, but with all of the holes, they shouldn’t be paying 20 per to a LB.

They need a CB, LT and the list goes on. I’m a die hard UGA fan and a fan of Roquan, but other positions are more important.

There are some good LB prospects this year, including a few UGA ‘backers not named Nakobe Dean (who may go in the 1st).